• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Does anyone know any good books with lots of facts about animals?

I’m mostly into birds so those will make up a lot of my suggestions, I hope these fit your criteria
  • Buzz - Thor Hanson
  • 100 Birds To See In Your Lifetime - David Chandler & Dominic Couzens
  • How Birds Behave - Wenfei Tong
  • The Australian Bird Guide - Peter Menkhorst, Danny Rogers, Rohan Clarke, Jeff Davies, Peter Marsack, Kim Franklin (this one would be more useful if you actually live in Australia as an identification tool but still worth a read with hundreds or listings and a lot of info on behaviour regardless)
  • How To Know The Birds - Ted Floyd (similar to above but more wordy, much less visual, and replace Australia with America. This feels more like a birdwatching companion for Americans, but is pretty enjoyable regardless)
  • The Horse: A Natural History - Debbie Busby & Catrin Rutland
  • Animal: The Definitive Visual Guide - DK Publishing
If you also want to read about evolution then The Rise and Reign of the Mammals by Brusatte is pretty good. Haven’t found his other book yet so I can’t comment on that

lol
C6372A40-680D-4F41-968E-C9B3B56891E6.jpeg

Last edited:
Back