• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Early AC:NL misconceptions

When I began playing Wild World, it was the flower fest. I stole every single one of my poor villager's flowers and placed them around my house. Zero regrets. It was actually super fun tbh. xD

hahaha didn't we all do that in Wild World! best strategy ever!

that diving would be fun in new leaf
had no idea about hybrids in wild world, i genuinely don't think i even had one in all my years playing it (although i did restart a lot for some strange reason)
i don't know if it's a misconception but i played new leaf for months not really thinking some villagers would be wildly more popular than others

i always thought i beat the game if my house score is high enough and a good town rating only supports that.
i understood most of the ingame things, but i didn't even understand what kind of game it was, haha.

in new leaf, the 16-villager cycle surprised me. i tried buying back villagers that had recently moved out.

Last edited:
When I started playing New Leaf, I was under the impression that letter-writing worked the same way as in Wild World.

So, I sent out lots of one-line letters with native fruit attached, hoping for foreign fruit. Instead, I got letters asking why I had written so little, no presents (fruit or anything else), and for next few weeks villagers kept trying to sell me pears for 5000+ bells.

Argh.

I still have no idea how letter-writing works, and I still can't get consistent results. I've just lowered my expectations.

When I played Wild World I always thought being mean to villagers would make them move. So I used to treat villagers I didn't like badly or ignore them. It didn't work out well, haha.

When I first played WW, I didn't know what hybrids were. I'd plant a load of flowers in my "garden" (and steal them during the flower fest, and never win!) and one day I got this pink rose. I thought this rose was SOOOOO special, and treated it like it was some holy, god-sent flower. If it turned brown, I'd go into a blind panic watering it 4 or 5 times. "^.^

I love the whole hybrid system! I never did anything like that in any game so I found it fun :)

When I began playing Wild World, it was the flower fest. I stole every single one of my poor villager's flowers and placed them around my house. Zero regrets. It was actually super fun tbh. xD

I did that exact same thing, haha! I HIJACKED EVERYTHING AND TOOK IT AS MY OWN! XD

I'm playing Wild World again now and you can believe that when the flower fest comes, I'll steal all those flowers again! No matter how old I am, I'm not above cheating to win the prize! LOL

ive been playing since city folk came out maybe? ive played all of them, but honestly i had no idea what nl would be like when i bought it. so it was confusing @ first but nothing much, i dont like nl that much tho

YOOOOOOOOOOO SAME!!! i never won though because i was 4 and had no idea what to do

New Leaf was my first animal crossing game and I had no idea I had to space the trees out so they would grow. I kept wondering why my trees weren't growing until i looked it up.

When I first got New Leaf I thought you were suppose to only eat perfect fruit. Litterally I started up my town, found a perfect peach with in 4 minutes of playing and was like "we're suppose to eat these cause that means it's ripe??? maybe the others will grow the same way".

I also thought more fruit you eat faster you ran. But then found out it was cause I held down the R button out of habit for camera on other games.

I also didn't know you could run with B because of above so when people said "don't press b! and run around!" i got confused.

Back