• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Emendations to my Idea Book (Other Features)

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
In my Idea Book, Chapters 5 to 8 are on town creation, Chapters 9 to 14 are on town management, and Chapters 15 to 18 are on attraction management. Almost of what I covered were player-exclusive features and stuff based on ACNL. The rest of the Idea Book were about other ideas I had.

First, Chapters 19 to 22 were all about interior decorating and items. When I was going over my Idea Book with the same friend I was talking about, he was telling me what he actually likes and what he dislikes, even after Chapter 18. Here's what he thinks about each (in summary):

• Interior Design Ideas - he liked the idea of bringing the mechanic to the next AC game. Not only that, but he likes the extended features I suggested, which are adjusting lighting brightness, adjusting height of wall items, and the 45° rotation feature of furniture and ceiling items.
  • House Renovations - he likes making the main room 12x8 spaces like I suggested with four 8x8 rooms connecting to it on the first floor, as well as the customizable plot. However, he does not think we should be able to have the second floor like that too. In addition, the second floor and basement must remain 8x8 spaces.
  • Series, Themes, and Sets - he likes all the furniture series and furniture themes I suggested, and select furniture sets (like the arcade set and studio set). But he does not like how the secret furniture series can be earned.
  • New Fashion - he likes everything I suggested, except for the idea that you can jump off a cliff if you have a jetpack or cape.
Thanks to the amiibo update, I have a few more changes to make. First, the design mode and visit mode are now cut out. You can design anyway you like just like you did in ACNL post-amiibo update. Second, the design menu thing is scrapped. I would also like the themes under "secret series" like the Transform Series and Glow Series sold at the Custom Shop PWP. And the four rooms to one main room is applicable to ground floor only.

Chapters 23 to 26 were on Main Street facilities and changes to them. Chapter 23 was all about store renovations, Chapter 24 was about changes in catalog, Chapter 25 was about Museum ideas, and Chapter 26 was on the criticism system for dream towns. Here's what my friend thinks:

• Store Renovations - although it's hard to imagine how the sale selection will be fixed due to the introduction of mini-projects, he at least liked the idea that you can approve or disapprove of a renovation before it happens. But for the Able Sisters' to remodel, he thought it was weird, but his opinion is quite neutral.
  • Catalog Ideas - the sorting and filtering options and the catalog menus like what I put in, he had mostly a positive opinion. However, when I suggested making all items orderable, he can't agree on this. But if I insist, either I have to make ordering them more burdensome, or keep unorderable items unorderable, but you can order seasonal items during Event Town Ordinance while they're in season. Plus, with the custom shop selling anything you cannot get in Main Street, there would be no need for this.
  • Museum Ideas - this may be the oldest idea I had in the Idea Book (along with biomes), but it won't be seen until late. The only thing my friend disapproves of is the removal of custom exhibits, even in exchange for an observatory. But the observatory revamp was something he thought was solid. He also liked the exhibit ideas I suggested, even though some are small or redundant selections.
  • Dream Town Criticism - this is an idea he absolutely likes. And I was suggesting more challenge too. It's to rate how good a dream town is.
Other than the change in catalog features, I have virtually no edits to put in these sections.

The last four chapters are on other ideas that do not fit under any category. I have a holiday idea in close-up detail, a fix on the achievement system, a music maker, and a paranormal frustration to add. Here's what my friend thinks:

• Treasure Hunt: A New Holiday - easily his favorite holiday suggestion of mine, except that it's a week-long celebration. Also, if the Custom Shop were to sell event items and seasonal items, this wouldn't be necessary. But he did like how you can only gather some seasonal items from different biomes.
  • Achievement System and Prizes - to him, this sounds more like a rewards system than a simple achievement system, but he's okay with it.
  • Music Maker - he does not like the idea. Basically, some custom stuff like the Map Editor, Holiday Creator, and this are very time-consuming as people wouldn't have time or ideas to do this. Plus, there's a potential that people could infringe on copyrights. But it was better than the Map Editor and Holiday Creator.
  • Ghosts - he thought it was a messed up idea. He was wondering on why I would want to make the game easier and less frustrating with the suggestions like seen in Chapter 3, but would want this to be in the game. I even wanted this part to be scary.
Other than the potential removal of Treasure Hunt and making the event items something you can get at the Custom Shop, the only change I would make is something to the ghosts feature. They now only steal Bells, rare items, and rare fish/insects. They can steal other items and fish/insects as well. In addition, they only appear from 11:00 PM to 2:59 AM with equal frequency. You can increase chances by having more rare fish, insects, and items as well as more Bells. Three of the months (December, January, and February), they never appear, even if you have a full wallet and only rare items. They do appear during the rest of the year, with June to August being the months where they're the most frequent.

I also like to mention on how there's a lack of mini-games. I may have written and published the Idea Book long before the amiibo update, but before I write another edition, another AC game has to come out.

Back