• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

English ACNL is using the patch from JPN v1.1

JCnator

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4227-4179-8894
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Poptart Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Cake
Sorry if my title sounded a little bit jargon, but I couldn't have thought otherwise...

Video (it's in German, look at around 0:55): http://nintendoeverything.com/121118/35-minutes-of-animal-crossing-new-leaf-footage/

Well, if you look at the last option of the game's main menu screen, you'll see it's clearly written "Update Data" in German, meaning that all of the fixes from the Japanese v1.1 are included (at least, from what we see). I'll jot down what did the patch fixed below:

- Fix crashes upon starting up the game
- Fix crashes after entering the police station
- Adds an update option on the main menu for further updates without going on eShop
- Fix the Jacob's Ladder glitch ; sometimes, when a Jacob's Ladder spawn, it overwrites a spot that is already occupied by anything that was there
- Fix the early arrival letters glitch after doing an island tour to prevent losing letters
- Some text correction
- Fix the duplication glitch (which was also potentially dangerous for your saved data due of the way it is done)
- Fix the wall-clip glitch inside a room
- Adds some more non-documented minor enhancements

Seems like that Nintendo noticed these problems rather early, so localizers can include the patch quite easily. However, the Sleep Mode crash isn't fixed yet, though...

Sometimes, the game may crash right away or eventually if you put your 3DS into Sleep Mode while the game is still running on. For some reason, playing online (and perhaps Local Play as well) after enabling this glitch on will cause it to crash much sooner.
At least, that's what I know so far with my frequent crashes experience, as it turned out that I was leaving my 3DS sleeping while the game was still running, something that a lot of players didn't do that often.

Sometimes, the game may crash right away or eventually if you put your 3DS into Sleep Mode while the game is still running on. For some reason, playing online (and perhaps Local Play as well) after enabling this glitch on will cause it to crash much sooner.
At least, that's what I know so far with my frequent crashes experience, as it turned out that I was leaving my 3DS sleeping while the game was still running, something that a lot of players didn't do that often.

And this ISN'T fixed? That's not good I sleep my 3DS all the time. What are some things we can do to avoid this glitch happening?

If you really need to put your 3DS into sleep mode, you better save the game and quit, then close the game, and finally put the 3DS into Sleep Mode. I believe this will be fixed in a future patch, since there's the Update button at the main screen.

I've nearly always left the game running in sleep mode, but it's always on the title screen. Never had a crash..weird. Maybe it's just when the file is loaded and its in sleep mode.

Oh, I always sleep my 3DS when I'm playing, better get out of that habit in the next month!
I usually only ever put it to sleep when I've got programs closed and I'm on the system menu anyways, so it won't be a huge problem for me.

Hope they get that fix soon, sometimes if RL calls got to put the game down and run, would hate for it to crash due to that.

Looks like the "save and continue" will be used a lot by me as I always put my 3DS into sleep mode.

I've had the sleep mode crash once. I had my bf feature and wifi on and I think having to load all of that is what caused it to crash once I woke my 3DS up. I was still in game when it happened too. Since then, I have always saved and exited before going putting the 3DS into sleep mode and I haven't had any problems since. :)

My thoughts exactly!
(I love your profile pic BTW)

Thank you! I found it somewhere, I think it was on tumblr and it just fit so perfectly lol. I love TWD (the show and the Telltale Games' game) and AC.

I'm glad to hear that a lot of the bugs/glitches have been patched.

That sounds like something they should have focused on fixing first. I guess I'm going to have to break my habit of putting it in Sleep Mode when the game's playing.

Back