• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

English videos incoming!

Jinglefruit

The black-nosed Reindeer
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Green Christmas Stocking
Jingle
Jingle Christmas Doll
Jingle Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
WiiFolderJosh announced that his latest video will be his last in his Jap. town as he has the English version coming next week! Link to his latest video.

I guess we'll be getting a host of localised names through him now, and I guess other reviewers and such will be getting the games next week too. Feels like we're entering the final stretch of waiting now.

So people who reviewed the JP one gets the english one early. That's kinda weird

this means the game was ready to release in may but they pushed it until june #inb4thetwelvieswings

idc tho

I think it's just larger reviewing companies - ie The bit block for Josh. Not sure, but I think they bought a Jap 3DS and imported the Jap game themselves.
IGN and others will probably get theirs too as well as companies/groups that make guides and walkthroughs.

EDIT: It means they have a couple copies of the game printed and ready. They probably have to manufacture millions of copies to export still. And maybe still some glitch checks.
Though yes, it must be ready for e-shop atleast if they can send copies out.

Last edited:
...ARHGHSHJGS:FNSJNFNAFL:KNS:OGVBNSFGNSJ I WANT THIS GAME I CANT WAIT ANOTHER 42 DAYS Dx lol

Oh the game I'm sure has been ready for English for months and months...

...ARHGHSHJGS:FNSJNFNAFL:KNS:OGVBNSFGNSJ I WANT THIS GAME I CANT WAIT ANOTHER 42 DAYS Dx lol

Oh the game I'm sure has been ready for English for months and months...

i doubt 'months and months'. i believe they were being truthful in february when they said they were still localising. maybe theyre just finalising the game now? like glitches and stuff or maybe they just miscalculated when they would finish the game?
well im excited for some english videos anyway

When they release in Europe, do they do it all in local languages? (say.. French in France? German in Germany?) cause if so then my guess is that localising means translating into a myriad of languages that aren't English still and that they have probably done the English version ready for release :)

When they release in Europe, do they do it all in local languages? (say.. French in France? German in Germany?) cause if so then my guess is that localising means translating into a myriad of languages that aren't English still and that they have probably done the English version ready for release :)

They translate it into the most common European languages. But I'm pretty sure they don't release in NA until translating to French and Spanish at the least anyway (For parts of Canada and Mexico) And for Europe I think they mostly only add German, (Dutch?) and Italian.

I'm guessing the long wait is mostly just the shear amount of text that comes with Animal Crossing games and incorporating the glitch patch.

Basically game companies get it early that cool. Because we seen the Japanese version on Youtube. American version could be the same as always since the first series.

This is exciting! I loved watching all the Japanese videos, but being able to read what everyone says will make it much more enjoyable.

Uhm... wow. A whole month and a few weeks early seems a bit much for them to be giving reviewers the games. Most other games I've seen are usually started about a week or so in advance.

How lovely that the game is clearly already ready to ship. 9_9 Not gonna watch anyways. Watching in Japanese is one thing, because I don't actually know what they're saying. I want everything in English to be a surprise!

Uhm... wow. A whole month and a few weeks early seems a bit much for them to be giving reviewers the games. Most other games I've seen are usually started about a week or so in advance.

How lovely that the game is clearly already ready to ship. 9_9 Not gonna watch anyways. Watching in Japanese is one thing, because I don't actually know what they're saying. I want everything in English to be a surprise!

I might watch the first video but then I will keep it a surprise too

It really depends on the game. Since ACNL is a non ending type of simulator that has no real goal to it, they bring it out to be reviewed longer.
If It was a game like Luigis mansion, Mario Kart 7 or something, they give it a week or two since that's about how long it would take to beat. Unless you sit there playing it like a madman/woman xD

I'll be tuning in because I want to see how his town progresses and I want to see English names of new characters

It really depends on the game. Since ACNL is a non ending type of simulator that has no real goal to it, they bring it out to be reviewed longer.
If It was a game like Luigis mansion, Mario Kart 7 or something, they give it a week or two since that's about how long it would take to beat. Unless you sit there playing it like a madman/woman xD

I'll be tuning in because I want to see how his town progresses and I want to see English names of new characters

Oh yeah, that's true. xD I suppose that makes sense since it gives it some time to get the attention of people who might not have looked into it before.

Somebody needs to make sure to share all the English names!

asdflkj I'm so excited!! :D
I almost DON"T want to watch it so I don't "spoil" the whole game...
...But playing the game is different than watching videos of it.

Is Josh legally aloud to upload English Gameplay Vids?

@swimmergirl327
Nintendo did send him the game for a reason ;P

@Officer Berri
Yeah and YouTube is a pretty good place to market things as so many people are there now

Yeah, josh better share all those English names that I'll keep to myself •w•

@lotus
Because he's a game reviewer. It's his job to review games before they release. It's how sites like IGN, Gamespot and others have reviews up before the game releases.

I think the distributors are getting the game in a week as well, because they need time to sell it to other companies and then the companies need to ship it to their shops. I think we're in that stage now.

I probably won't watch the first video since that will reveal all Rover's dialogue, Isabel, Tom Nook, etc. I will watch the videos after that to see English names of animals, bushes, PWPs, etc.

Back