• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

English videos incoming!

Ahh..lucky SOB. I doubt he'll be posting videos of it..I don't think he'll be allowed to show much gameplay.

isnt that the whole point? showing off the game and reviewing it? so he will be doing videos like he did when he first played NL in november i guess

Exciting! :D Last thing I heard is that Nintendo UK would be sending out review copies two weeks before release (when I'm hoping to get mine!), but I guess it's naturally going to be coming up very soon in America.

Guys, Nintendo sent him the game. He has a contract with Nintendo now to review the game through gameplay and feedback he provides. He is allowed to post videos, anything he wants, as long as the game is reviewed. That is the sole reason why Nintendo sent it to him in the first place.

Yeah, that's how a lot of people who upload videos to youtube before the game actually gets released get their games. The companies send them the games. They've finally realized that lets plays actually HELP with game sales, apparently since people can actually see how the game plays and how a person not paid to say 'this is great!' reacts to the controls and other game play elements. Though one of the guys I've watched says there's usually a date they have to wait for before they can actually start uploading the videos or the company will get angry.

I'm sure joshy's videos might have even helped with a few sale in Japan! You never know... :3
But, yes the video journals are meant to help with sales and Nintendo sent him the game early. They might still be fixing some glitches and people who get the game will discover new glitches or something?

But I was thinking, Lindsey and Kohei are another big AC:NL video maker, and most of their viewers are English, but since they speak Japanese will they be getting the English game?

Uhm... wow. A whole month and a few weeks early seems a bit much for them to be giving reviewers the games. Most other games I've seen are usually started about a week or so in advance.

I suspect reviewers are getting it super early so they can actually show off most of the features. So little can be unlocked in a week that reviewing it at that point would be pointless.

But I was thinking, Lindsey and Kohei are another big AC:NL video maker, and most of their viewers are English, but since they speak Japanese will they be getting the English game?

No, probably not. LinandKo are just two people that show their play through of certain games.

Josh is a part of The BitBlock which reviews and shows gameplay of games.

It makes sense that reviewers would get Animal Crossing earlier. In order for it to get an adequate review, the players need to unlock some of the stuff first. If they got the game only a week before, it would pretty much just be them earning money. They wouldn't be able to showcase any of the new features, and it would effect their review.

BTW, I'm excited to see how Joshy reacts to his villagers this time. Part of me hopes he ends up with the purple kangaroo again just so he can get angry.

Oh we're talking about Joshy from YT?
As soon as he announced that he was switching from the Japanese version to the English one soon it made my day!
Must be a nice perk to be able to review and play the games before everyone else.
June 9th can't come soon enough.

Okay so, im going to go watch his other videos because that one was just marvellous.

I think there one other person that might get English game as well nintendann or something like I have seen early reviews for him as well. yea very very lucky

I'm sure joshy's videos might have even helped with a few sale in Japan! You never know... :3
But, yes the video journals are meant to help with sales and Nintendo sent him the game early. They might still be fixing some glitches and people who get the game will discover new glitches or something?

There's no more glitches to patch out, and those can be patched with updates. If they don't start manufacturing games now there is no way there will be enough for release. That's what they're doing.

Back