• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

EU Nintendo Direct Confirmed, 4th October, 7pm

I doubt western countries will have to wait until June, that's just ridiculous.
Feb-April seems like the most believable release to me.

I know they'e not gonna take until June, juss sayin a June release would be good for me.

I understand. The start of summer, all the extra free time and stuff.

Even if it does come out in the spring or before, summer will still bring a lot of activity to TBT with people wanting to WiFi.

I am thinking March. But if we don't get a release date this year/in January then I will think April.

I doubt western countries will have to wait until June, that's just ridiculous.

The whole situation with the release of this game has been pretty ridiculous all along. Don't count it out.

However, I really hope that's not the case, and I see no real reason to believe it will be the case. We don't really have any factors to speculate over when it would be released at this point.

True. I'm not going to count out the fact the whole announcements, pushbacks, and everything with this game has been overly ridiculous.

To me though, it seems really strange that Nintendo would wait seven months to release one of the most popular Nintendo titles outside of Japan. I agree though, I don't see them waiting that long since before the pushback, we'd have had the game by now.

I'm still (foolishly) hoping for a 2012 release. LOL
I think we all are, but the odds point against it(Nintendo specifically said 2013), but we can only hope the Wii U is a complete disaster and they need to release a good game to keep sales.

I was hoping for a surprise 2012 release but that's out of the window. I'm thinking this will be the release schedule:

Animal Crossing - Feb

Luigi's Mansion 2 - March/April

Fire Emblem Awakening - May/June (this was confirmed for Europe as Q2)

Nintendo has been spacing releases out so this seems feasible. I think Pikmin 3 is going to be their focus for Jan.

I think we all are, but the odds point against it(Nintendo specifically said 2013), but we can only hope the Wii U is a complete disaster and they need to release a good game to keep sales.

I have a feeling it'll be a disaster all on it's own, without any of our hope.
But that isn't going to stop the millions of people at each other's throats trying to get one. In the end, as long as Nintendo got sales, it was a success regardless of if it sucks or not.

Luigi's Mansion 2 will come before Animal Crossing IMO. Dunno about Fire Emblem though.

Also, when speculating release dates for these games it should be considered that other than these three games... there are no other announced first party games for the 3DS. So as crazy as it sounds right now, one of these could be pushed back until later in the year for the sake of spacing.

Last edited:
Back