Caitlin of Faebelle
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Switch
0816-6246-4407
New Horizons Token
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
User Title Color Change
So I’m trying to figure out what to call my NH island, I want a fairy theme like mystical, magical and fantasy like, I came up with FairyGrove but I’m afraid that won’t fit. Can anyone come up with something shorter or like that? Please and thank you.

Last edited:
Fae Grove/Isle/Cove/Bay.

Faetopia
Feytopia. :)

Last edited:
You could also shorten it to Fay Grove, it'd mean the same thing. :blush:

Hmmmm... I often like using Latin names for town names, hence why I picked Agrestis for my Island's name.

"Mediocris" is Latin for Fairy. But, uh, that may not roll off tongue very well. So let's try something different with this name. Let's take someone else's suggestion/word, and combine it...

Let's settle with "Mediofae".

Mediofae will roughly translate to "Admist Fairy/Fairies". in a mix of latin and modern English.

Fairies are also referred to as the “fair folk”, so maybe a name with just “fair” in it?

Fairvale for example

Last edited:
This might be out of left field but I think "Midsummer" would be a fun name. A nice little literary reference to ol' Shakespeare, and it still keeps a sort of foresty atmosphere.

I think the name that YOU thought up, FairyGrove, is one of the best island names I have heard yet! I think you should use that if we are allowed 10 letters. Many people think we will be allowed 10 letters, since they saw an island named "Nintenland" on one of the videos.

But I can understand wanting to have a backup name that is shorter, just in case we are limited to 8 letters. I can't think of a good one, so my only suggestion is maybe just Grove.

Last edited:
Here's some after some thought!
- Faegrove (like FairyGrove, but a little shorter for the limit!)
- Betwixt (just feels fairy-ish)
- Wishwell

Thanks everybody for the suggestions, keep them coming, maybe this can give inspiration to others.

So I?m trying to figure out what to call my NH island, I want a fairy theme like mystical, magical and fantasy like, I came up with FairyGrove but I?m afraid that won?t fit. Can anyone come up with something shorter or like that? Please and thank you.

With the news that our island names can be 10 characters long you could use your original idea of FairyGrove

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know its corny but what about Neverland like from peter pan

I had the same thought....or NeverNever

I thought it would be fun to list some character names from The Faerie Queene that sound pretty
Acrasia (wiki compares her to similar magic literary characters like Circe, Alcina, Armida, also good names)
Amoret
Archimago
Artegal
Belphoebe
Calidore
Cambina
Florimell
Marinell ("knight of the sea")
Satyrane
Talus

Other names: Avalon (a legendary island in Arthurian myth)
Arcadia

"Mediocris" is Latin for Fairy.
I don't think that's right, pretty sure mediocris is where the word "mediocre" comes from. I guess its definition of roughly "fair" turned into "fairy" somehow, which might be kind of like a pun

Back