• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Fake Artwork...

spamurai

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
の
つ
ど
森
う
ぶ
So... I was lucky enough to visit someones town yesterday; it was really awesome.

Crazy Redd was in their town, unfortunately I got robbed and cheated xD

I bought the "Scary Painting" for around 5000 bells.
After trying to donate it, I was gracefully informed it was fake >.<

vAoiO8J.jpg

I can not advertise it in Re-Tail, nor donate or sell it. In fact you have to pay to dispose of it, like trash.
Instead I thought I'd get my 5000 bells worth and hang it up.

EjcdHK7.jpg

Now, this is a really cool feature in New Leaf (not sure if it's in previous games), but sucks when you get conned :p

Here's a list of how to identify fake/real paintings and art: CLICKY

So... I was lucky enough to visit someones town yesterday; it was really awesome.

Crazy Redd was in their town, unfortunately I got robbed and cheated xD

I bought the "Scary Painting" for around 5000 bells.
After trying to donate it, I was gracefully informed it was fake >.<

vAoiO8J.jpg

I can not advertise it in Re-Tail, nor donate or sell it. In fact you have to pay to dispose of it, like trash.
Instead I thought I'd get my 5000 bells worth and hang it up.

EjcdHK7.jpg

Now, this is a really cool feature in New Leaf (not sure if it's in previous games), but sucks when you get conned :p

Here's a list of how to identify fake/real paintings and art: CLICKY

This si great for Redd, but I wish I could tell when a villager is trying to sell me one >_<

Cheers for sharing the link! Glancing at it, I've studied a number of the pieces that appear on it so I would probably have been able to spot whether or not they were fake without it anyway. But it doesn't hurt to have a visual reminder. :)

Oh, I got a painting and it was also fake, it was so hard to notice as the neutral painting is so small.

Crazy Redd was in my town yesterday and I bought a fake statue from him :( The sad thing is, I had that site already booked marked and forgot all about it :(

I'm glad it's easier to tell which are fakes. I bought one from Red when he was in my town, and I bought the real one.

But regardless, that fake painting you bought is about OVER 9000 times better than the original...

Yeah, Monty sold me a fake Amazing painting. But he did tell me that he wasn't sure whether it was real or fake so we're cool.

Back