• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Fast or slow?

ajpri

Austin
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
As some may be aware that some are starting to get bored of the game. The general consensus is they were playing the game so that leads me to the question: are you going to play the game slowly or not?

Personally, I will play the game slowly. Since I will receive the game from Amazon on the 12th (UPS usually runs late where I live so as late as 8pm). The problem is it takes about an hour to make the bells, and I will likely go slower. So if nook lets me I will pay for the tent on day 2. Yes, ill be behind, but I intend on trying to catch up.

I'll set goals and go at my own pace. It'll be my final month of uni too so I don't want to lock myself up in my room playing all the time.

I tend to move quickly and efficiently in this game. My first game lasted years simply because I was discovering new things about the game so it was extra slow.

My plan is to take it easy, not rush and just let my town develop naturally. I know myself well enough to know that the opposite will probably be true!

I'm not going to time travel. I will, however, do the most that I can each day, talking to my villagers constantly hoping for new PWPs.

I generally play the game at a leisurely pace. It takes me longer to earn bells and pay off debts (Nook *shakes fist*) but I find it gives the game a more organic feel. Plus in this game if I take too long I can just pretend to be the crooked politician who made a lot of promises she didn't follow through on. *evil*

I've been waiting so long for this game, I don't intend to rush it! The other two games I played (GameCube and DS), I remember playing obsessively for the first few months, then feeling a bit like I was going through the motions after that. In both games, I carried on playing until I had all the bugs and fish without time travelling, though, and I played at least once a day for 10-12 months. To be honest, I fully expect to grow a little weary of New Leaf eventually too, but hopefully it'll be a good while before I reach that point. Hopefully the way you unlock things over time, as well as interactions with this community, will help delay that time though.

I prefer to go slowly through Animal Crossing. With the pace that I go at, it'll probably take a year to completely expand the house xD

great replies everyone! Will nook even let u take until day 2 to pay off ur tent? all people i see on youtube pay it off on day 1. Since Nook Housing closes at 8pm and i can receive the game anywhere between 6 and 8pm, this may not work for me.

Perhaps if anyone may be willing to help, it would be awesome if someone could let me borrow some bells. that would greatly help - ill give u whatever my native fruit is plus ill pay u back ASAP

I played mine all day for the first week or so, now I play a few hours a day.

Last edited:
I'm so excited for the game that I know I won't be able to help but play a lot the first couple of days, but I'm going to try to play at a more casual pace to make the game last longer. Also, I never time travel anyways so there's only so much I can do each day.

Doesn't time travelling ruin your town and stuff in terms of weeds appearing and flowers dying?

Please disregard my duplicate post. I am unsure how to delete posts.

It is said the beautiful ordinance just reduces the chance. I heard it does not fully prevent

I'm going to play at my own pace. I don't know if that's fast or slow. It's just what I have fun with. There's so much to do in this game, and I'll probably interact with others online, I doubt I'll be at a loss for things to do in the game.

And this is the first time I've been really excited for an Animal Crossing game since way back in the months before Population Growing came out. I'll be getting my game around 2 or 3 days late since I'm pre-ordering it on Amazon. This on top of the fact I might be playing with my boyfriend and hopefully starting up a comic means I have hops of playing this game for quite a while!

It'll last as long as the player wants it to

I'll be getting my game around 2 or 3 days late since I'm pre-ordering it on Amazon.
Hardest part of ordering stuff on Amazon. The wait. Im getting it 2 day shipped via prime (delivery Wednesday), but im considering spending the extra $4 to get it tuesday night.

Back