• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Fast or slow?

I feel like I play the game fairly slowly. Like Berri, I don't get my game until the 11th, but I probably will get past my tent on the first or second day, and then work up to the second renovation within the week. I prefer to just play as I go, and not time travel.

I have had mine for about 2 weeks I think. I won't and haven't time traveled but I play mine relatively quickly. I would like to fully upgrade my house so I can decorate it proper. I love community projects but I'm really waiting for a different bridge style so I can move one of my bridges. I never have gotten tired of this game yet I'm really addicted to it

I time travel one day at a time, and that makes the perfect pace for me. I don't view it as cheating (everyone should be able to play how they want, anyways!), and just staying on one day feels so limiting for me! I feel like in real life you always have to wait for something, so in a game, you should be able to have the freedom to go at a faster pace if you want :D

That being said... is anyone, being part of the forum or if any of you have/follow Animal Crossing blogs, scared that you might be pressured into playing the game faster than you would like? I feel like I'm always going to see other players' pics of expansions and community projects and it'll feel like a race of who can unlock everything first online... and if I see tons of screenshots of amazing towns with a ton of things unlocked, I'll feel behind and I'll feel bad about my own game! I don't know, does anyone see it that way too? :p I'm thinking of not going to the forum/not wifing with anyone for a month or so when I get the game, just so it doesn't seem like a race..

I kinda agree about feeling rushed by other players on the forums because I'm pretty comprtetive but I'm gonna just try not to worry about that and just see how I feel playing it. I know I COULD pay off my tent the first or second day but even if I can the first day i think I'm going to Wait until day 2, just to have that experience last a bit more.

Everyday Ive been keeping up with any info about the game. So now that I know how to unlock everything I plan on getting things as fast as I can. though I play fast, I like to 100% games and Im very passionate about AC so I see my self playing a long time even no matter how fast I do things. things that take the longest like catching all bugs/fish, getting 100 visitors for the train station community project, filling the catalog, and possibly attaining other country items will keep me going for a long time.

With street pass and the dream suite, I do feel pressure to get things looking nice fast to show off.

I'm sure I'll be really obsessed for a good while. Every AC game (aside from CF) I get really into it really quickly and it stays that way for a long time. It's hard for me to have such serious dedication to a game, but for some reason AC is the exception to that.

I'm REALLY looking forward to it. It's also nice that I'll be playing it with my fiance, just like WW :3

I might try to slow the game down a bit by not visiting the island to farm bells all the time. That and not visiting towns with ridiculous turnip prices to make a whole bunch of bells at once, not that it happens much anyway.

I'm sort of glad that were waiting longer and getting the game in summer, kind of adds an extra season worth of play for fishing, bug catching and diving as opposed to the autumn release in japan.

I do feel that I'll be rushed into doing everything quickly, but I really don't want to.

I plan to do things at my own speed, appreciate what's going on and discover things naturally as I progress. That's the beauty of AC though, everybody can play exactly as they want to. No time limits, no set level progression... Just freedom!

Always play at your own pace. Don't rush through it, you may miss something and there is sooo much to discover on this "New Leaf"!
It's worthy of your time!!! :eek:

That being said... is anyone, being part of the forum or if any of you have/follow Animal Crossing blogs, scared that you might be pressured into playing the game faster than you would like? I feel like I'm always going to see other players' pics of expansions and community projects and it'll feel like a race of who can unlock everything first online... and if I see tons of screenshots of amazing towns with a ton of things unlocked, I'll feel behind and I'll feel bad about my own game! I don't know, does anyone see it that way too? :p I'm thinking of not going to the forum/not wifing with anyone for a month or so when I get the game, just so it doesn't seem like a race..
I don't really have this problem myself. xD I'm pretty much immune to feeling competitive in games unless I'm actually part of a contest. Plus I'm immune to hive-mind stuff so even if everyone was doing something one way, I'd be doing it however I darn well please! :D

Always play at your own pace. Don't rush through it, you may miss something and there is sooo much to discover on this "New Leaf"!
It's worthy of your time!!! :eek:

There's no reason at all to rush. This game was designed to play at your own pace.

I might try to slow the game down a bit by not visiting the island to farm bells all the time. That and not visiting towns with ridiculous turnip prices to make a whole bunch of bells at once, not that it happens much anyway.

I'm sort of glad that were waiting longer and getting the game in summer, kind of adds an extra season worth of play for fishing, bug catching and diving as opposed to the autumn release in japan.

The wait is helping me out. Only 62 Days and i want to make the wait worth it.

With games like these, they vary with how much time I put into something and how long it takes. I've played all three games so far and found that Wild World took me the longest to completely pay off my house and other things.
I can't exactly remember how it was with the GameCube version since it's been many years since I've played, but I'm guessing I took it pretty slowly. Or at least reasonably slowly.
Whereas with City Folk I was pretty quick with that one, completely paying my house off within a year or less. And other things.
I plan to do a lot more in New Leaf to make my town a bit more presentable, unlike the others which were complete messes, so it'll take me a lot longer which is good. Considering I prefer going slowly. While planning things out better. After waiting so long for this game to come out there's no way I'm going to rush through it. :)

I'm not rushing the game, waited so long for it, it would be pointless to ruin it

This game will defiantly take me some time and I will play it slowly. In the past games I've never kept a town for more than two years except for my Wild World town. Also I've never completed the bug/ fish collects and I plan to do that in this game. I won't time travel, so yeah I will be playing this game at my own pace which will keep me occupied for a long time.

Neither fast or slow. Basically at my own pace depending on the day. I know some days I will play for hours and others maybe not at all or for a very short amount of time.

I never rush anything so I suppose my pace would be considered a "slower" pace in comparison to others. I enjoy playing the game in real time completely. If I miss something I will get it next year, if not, the year after that. Or I will get bored of the game completely and at that point I won't care about the missed items/events etc.

I really don't see myself becoming bored of the game quickly. It took me a LOOOOOOONG time to get even slightly bored with CF....and that was CF.... Even now I can still pick up the controller and enjoy the little things in the game.

Maybe that is due to the fact that I play at a slower pace than some, or maybe I'm just easily entertained :D

I go slow with most games. It took some people 2 days to finish Luigi's Mansion 2, and I'm on day 9 and I'm only onto mission B-2.

So with Animal Crossing, I'll try my best to take my time and play at a calm pace, instead of diving into the game and getting bored sooner.

Eh... I'll just play how I play other video games. I may only play for 10 minutes one day, the next I'll play for hours. Just whatever I feel like that day.

I'll only rush if I'm timed for something c:

But I'll play it like I would if I was a retired person, spend hours upon hours fishing, and go along like my regular day, but in the game :D

Back