• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

fave space related media?

Kitsuragi

Talk to me, superstar. What do you want?
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Cool Feather
Glam Heart Balloon
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Sweet Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Blue Crescent Moon
Pink Crescent Moon
Galaxy Swirl
Orange Crescent Moon
Green Crescent Moon
movie, game, book, etc? either fiction or real!

i have a ton. Outer Wilds (game) is up there but so is Interstellar (movie)

edit: HALO oh my god how could i forget

Last edited:
Some are set in space itself. Some of it is tangentially related to space, being either set on Earth or a different planet and not having space travel but having alien invaders.

Movies
- Alien
- Aliens
- Color Out of Space
- Event Horizon
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956 and 1978 are both good)
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space
- Night of the Creeps
- Nope
- Psycho Goreman
- Slither (2006 movie)
- Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope
- Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Episode 6: Return of the Jedi
- The Blob (1988 version)
- The Mist (2007 movie)
- The Predator
- The Thing (1982 version)
- They Live

I need to revisit 2001: A Space Odyssey. I haven't watched Mars Attacks! in so long that I don't know if it holds up.

Shows
- Cowboy Bebop
- FLCL
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Star Wars Rebels
- Trigun

I need to watch some more space themed anime like Legends of the Galactic Heroes, literally any of the Gundam shows, and Outlaw Star. Never watched any of the various iterations of Star Trek, might be worth checking out too.

Video Games
- DOOM
- Mass Effect
- Mass Effect 2
- Super Metroid
- Toejam & Earl
- Toejam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron

---

That's the stuff that comes readily to mind.

Slime Rancher!! It's a super cute and fun game where you collect slimes for your ranch so you can sell the plorts they produce for a profit, explore the planet, and interact with other NPC ranchers and characters on the planet, known as the Far, Far Range! It has a sequel that I've been dying to play, but I don't have a next-gen console yet. ;u; Someday!

There's also a couple of anime I like prominently featuring space, namely Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water. The latter one I've blurred because it's a bit of a spoiler, but I'd highly recommend both.
I've also been meaning to check out Edens Zero because I'm a big fan of Hiro Mashima's works, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

For games yeah I’ve played Prey and the recent system shock remake. Great titles
And funnily enough I’m currently playing Saints Row 4 where in that game you basically fight aliens and the main color of the crew is purple.

If I dont say Star Wars I will be in trouble xD but jokes aside yes Starwars. But also live Spore I loved the wii version. Slime rancher was also a favorite

Also idk if it counts, they technically came from apace but, Sergent Frog xD

This is like choosing a favorite child!

I'll put in a plug for The Expanse, which I found to be a rather realistic exploration of what the near-future space race might look like, with issues dealing with colonization, resource management, and inter-space politics! I've only watched the show, so I need to go back and read the books when I have time!

I also second Arrival (for many similar reasons of giving an interesting version of a possible near-future first contact). Of course, ST:TNG. Ender's Game was very formative in my childhood reading journey. Dune gets a little ridiculous the later you get in the books, but is a definite classic. I also used to play this text-based MMORPG called Federation which was like a perfect fantasy mish-mash of a million different space references, so hopefully that covers a lot of things;) I know I'll think of some more in a little bit =)

Does Kirby count? That's the main thing I think of at the moment. It doesn't always involve outer space but it often does and Kirby lives on an entirely different planet than we do, anyway.
Oh, wait... Pikmin exists. Maybe that too lol

Games: The Halo series

Movies: Star Trek II,III,IV,VI and First Contact,Close Encounters of the Third Kind,The Last Starfighter,Forbidden Planet,Galaxy Quest,Explorers(1985),The Right Stuff,Wall-E,Aliens,original Star Wars Trilogy,Total Recall(Arnold version),The Ice Pirates,Independence Day,Flash Gordon(1980),The Iron Giant,2001: A Space Odyssey,Dark Star

Television: Star Trek TOS,TNG,DS9 and Strange New Worlds,Red Dwarf,Battlestar Galactica(both original and new versions),Quark,Firefly,Babylon 5

Well... I'll point to my signature and avatar for this camp.

Specifically though, it's the 1965 Lost in Space series that I like. The movie is good (and was actually my first encounter with the franchise), but I haven't seen the recent reboot nor do I think I want to. It's the campness of the original that I like, and the latest one seems to be another generic edgy Hollywood offering.

I also casually enjoy Star Trek. The Alien movies get a mention too, even if I haven't watched them in ages. Lastly, Total Recall (1990).

Shows:
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Stargate Universe I guess
Star Trek Voyager
Firefly
The Expanse
Dark Matter
Colony

Movies:
WALL-E
Stargate
Nope
The Iron Giant
Interstellar
Blade Runner
Arrival
Alien
10 Cloverfield Lane

Games:
To The Moon (still working on finishing playing this game)
Starbound (though it's been like a decade since I've played it)
Katamari Damacy 😤
No Man's Sky
Comet Crash

I can hardly think of everything, but Predator, Mass Effect and Star Trek are my all time favorites. I used to love Star Wars, but it's just been too much lately.

Couldn't think of anything off the top of my head, but out of the stuff in this thread it's gotta be Katamari Damacy and To The Moon

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH OG POSTER OMG OUTER WILDS..AND THE SOUNDTRACK FOR IT! so good
I really enjoy Pikmin, Katamari and Star Wars, they've been some of my favs for as long as I can remember.

Back