• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Favorite 3D LoZ Game?

Kyle

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Yellow Candy
I'll say Wind Waker, because its my first 3D Zelda game and it was freakin' massive. I mean, yeah, a sea of blue paint, but you get the picture.

Ocarina of Time because its f'ing hard. Its what kept me away from TBT for THREE DAYS. Got alot done at that. I just need to find where the hell fire & ice arrows are (do they exist lolololol??).
Oh yeah, I actually played A Link to the Past as my first Zelda game.

Oh... I just excluded portable Zeldas because... well, Wind Waker was better than Phantom Hourglass.

Wow.. Uhm.. just.. vote for either one (or both) until I get this fixed...

Wind Waker. Sure, most everybody hated sailing, but I personally enjoyed this game more than any other Zelda, period. The whole game had a certain aspect to it, and the world seemed full of life. It was also my first Zelda game that I owned and beat.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess since that his the only Zelda game I've played out of those Zelda games excluding The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass which is not on the list.

Wait, what? How are there two polls? O_O

I voted for OoT in one and MM in the other.

[quote="Shadow_]Wait, what? How are there two polls? O_O[/quote]I think something just screwed up with Zetaboards probably

Windwaker. OoT doesn't catch my interest very much. MM almost won my vote because of it's dark plot and everything about it is just really awesome... but I actually own WW. TP sucked, imo.

Bulerias said:
Twilight Princess >= Majora's Mask >>> Ocarina of Time >>>>>>>>> Windwaker.
... Why the WindWaker hate? That game was awesome. Or do you just hate that your beloved series Hyrule was flooded?
ANYWAY, WindWaker was the best.
Windwaker > Ocarina of Time > Twilight Princess. I never played Majora's Mask.

And...uhh.. I made a mistake and another poll came up. I meant for the second one to be the real one. :\

Don't like the art style... contrary to popular belief, not all people who played the game changed their opinion about the art. I think it's way too cartoony and doesn't fit the Zelda world at all. Plus, the sailing could get really tedious...

Not a bad game overall, but definitely not my favorite Zelda.

Bulerias said:
Don't like the art style... contrary to popular belief, not all people who played the game changed their opinion about the art. I think it's way too cartoony and doesn't fit the Zelda world at all. Plus, the sailing could get really tedious...

Not a bad game overall, but definitely not my favorite Zelda.
But later in the game you got some kind of music spell that allowed you to use Cyclones to get around. Plus, sailing wasn't that bad IMO. Actually, earlier today was the first time I faced a whirlwind with the squid in the middle. I was like "....?.. OH GOD WHAT?" because it was daytime and it drastically changed from stormy and rainy.

But compared to other Zeldas, it was too cartoony, I agree with you.

Wind Waker > Majora's Mask >Ocarina of Time > Twilight Princess.

I had lots of fun playing Majora's Mask, althought the alien sidequest terrified me. The different masks were awesome, and the game was very different.

I agree with everything Tri said.

Windwaker is the best. I'm actually playing through it again right now. xD

I should voice my opinion.

MM=OoT>WW=TP

Even with the cartoony (but appropriate) art style, WW's massive ocean scared me away from finishing the game. I've always considered Majora's Mask to be equal to Ocarina of Time, because they both are so close to perfect. Twilight Princess is hard to judge, with all the hype people always expected more... I dunno.

Regarding Majora's Mask, Nintendo did an amazing job at turning a perfected formula on it's head and still ending up with an near perfect result.

And regardless of any negative comments in this post, all LoZ games made to date with few exceptions are jaw-dropping when you play them again. From the original Zelda on the NES to the exceptional LttP, from arguably the best game of all time OoT to the controversial WW, and all the handheld and console games in between, Zelda titles always managed to push their respective consoles as far as they could go.

SL92 's Fanboy level increased by 1! SL92 learned Rant!

Oot > TP > MM > WW

So yeah, I agree with pretty much everything Bul said, just reread his post to get the gist of my opinion ;)

Majora's mask had a dark theme to it and the characters you can alias as are just awesome. Not to mention how well the boss fights used the mask's abilities. The best Zelda game to me is Oracle of Seasons. Instead of a horse named Epon you can choose between a flying bear (Moosh), friendly dododngo (Dimitri), or a boxing kangaroo (Ricky). There was also a ring system that made gameplay more interesting.

Might as well make my graph..
MM=OOt>Tp (I havent played wind waker.)

As for my favorite Legend of Zelda game(s), it's a coin toss between
the original Legend of Zelda for the NES and Legend of Zelda Ocarina
of Time. I like the original one because it was the first Zelda game I played
during my childhood days and I like Ocarina of Time for it''s beautiful music,
gameplay and storyline.

Back