Favorite type of bread?

Best Bread?

• Total voters
bagels, rolls and croissants are my top 3 favourites. i'll also very happily consume sliced bread, baguettes and pitas. i usually prefer sliced bread as it is rather than being toasted

All bread.

Croissants, breadsticks, rolls and baguettes are my top favourites, and sliced bread is the type I consume the most, but there honestly isn't a type of bread that I don't like or wouldn't eat! All edible bread is good bread.
IMG_1676.png

I voted for rolls and pretzels.
I had a coworker that made amazing yeast rolls. it was like a donut but without all the sugar (or at least less.... Maybe there was a tad in it?)
But warm yeast rolls with butter at sit down restaurants are the best. Some places in USA do cinnamon butter.
And I do love me some soft pretzels with garlic butter and cheese sauce.

My favourite is without doubt baguettes. Croissants are a pastry, rather than a bread, but they are also delicious in moderation! I like dark rye bread for breakfast toast, and fresh white or multigrain bread for sandwiches. Also shout-out to ciabatta, brioche, roti, and pita. Is there really such a thing as bad bread? 🍞

im glad we have so many bread connoisseurs here. 👀🥖🥯 i voted sourdough and baguette but i also really like focaccia so thats an ‘other’ i guess. i wouldve voted bagels too but they kinda.. suck here, and i havent had an american one in over a decade so i dont think my vote would be honest. made well i think any bread could end up being my fave though

edit; oof and lets not forget naan and paratha! so good

I don’t think there’s really a bread I don’t like, but milk bread, croissants, and garlic toast are probably my favorite out of the bunch.

Croissants and Pita are my top favorite breads. Especially Pita bread that you can dip in Hummus which is a dip made with pureed chickpeas and spices. Naan and Roti bread are also good.

I would highly recommend trying Pita bread if you're into breads.

Seeded wholemeal bread is my favourite day to day stuff for toast. I like tiger / giraffe batons and baguettes alot too!

As of the time of my vote, baguettes and croissants are in the lead.
I remember hearing a joke about baguettes and calling them "mouth knives" but I think people scarfing them down may need to slow down and enjoy them properly, lol.

One of my favorite ice-breaker questions is to ask
"If you had to choose to remove one of these staples from your life (bread, noodles, rice) which would you choose?" I love discussing food!
I could never choose a life devoid of bread; it would have to be noodles for me, though I love those, too.

For my usual sandwiches, whole grain. Otherwise, I'd eat white for grilled cheese or with my dinner.

I like all breads. I’m sorry, I didn’t want to go with that option because I feel like it’s kind of a cop out, but all of the options on the poll that I’ve tried I love, so I’ll just list the one that I haven’t had before, which is ciabatta. Looks tasty though! I know it’s not in the poll but I reaaally like garlic bread.

If I had to pick one option, just one, I would go with sliced bread, so I’ll go with that on the poll.

The two best breads I ever had was a pumpernickel loaf from my friends grandma and it was the richest tangiest bread I’ve ever eaten in my life, and a sourdough English muffin I got from a local bakery.

You should try sourdough starter English muffins if you haven’t. Life changing; you will never want ordinary English muffins ever again. And also I think Pumpernickel is underrated and we should make it more of a staple at delis 😭😭😭

Back