• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Favourite villager of each species

Alligator: Alfonso
Anteater: Antonio
Bear: Groucho
Bird: Jacques
Bull: the one who looks like a daddy viking
Cat: Punchy but i love this species as a whole
Chicken: Beckie i think that’s her name she looks snooty af
Cow: Patty
Cub: Maple & Murphy
Deer: Diana, Zell & Erik
Dog: Lucky
Duck: everyone gonna say Molly so let me give Pompom some love
Eagle: Keaton
Elephant: Dizzy
Frog: Jeremiah
Goat: Chevre
Gorilla: Hans king
Hamster: Hamlet & Apple
Hippo: don’t remember their names
Horse: Cleo, Colton, & Julian
Kangaroo: Marcie
Koala: Lyman
Lion: the one who looks like a king
Monkey: Flip
Mouse: Brocollo, eat it
Octopus: Marina
Ostrich: Blanche
Penguin: Gwen
Pig: Galla
Rabbit: Bunnie
Rhino: Merengue
Sheep: Muffy & Etoile
Squirrel: Static, Peanut, Marshal, Blair, Filbert, Tasha how much time do you have. i can talk all day about how underrated Static is though @Minimasher
Tiger: Bianca & Rolf
Wolf: Lobo
ikr! Why is he not a fan favourite???

Alligator: Drago
Anteater: Annalisa
Bear: Ursala
Bird: Piper
Bull/ Cow: Norma
Cat: Tabby
Chicken: Ava (though I don’t really like any of the chicken villagers, she seems like the best looking to me, plus the normals are so darn nice it is very hard not to like them)
Cub: Olive
Deer: Fauna (boring choice, I know! Fuchsia is also pretty fun, though the fact that she wants to be given pink clothes to put on or aggressively pink body is ridiculous, have her the Lavalle pink tee and she def. looks kind of naked)
Dog: Maddie
Duck: Freckles but Pate has been rapidly climbing my favorites list in that mysterious way some villagers do.
Eagle: Avery
Elephant: Margie (but on another day I might say Paolo) The elephants are not my fave, but i’ve come around a bit on them.
Frog: Lily, but Croque is a strong second place. So little and grumpy.
Goat: Nan. But Pashmina seems pretty great to, and is a sisterly villager, which I like.
Gorilla: Boone
Hamster: Apple with Graham as a close second. (I love the hamsters!)
Hippo: Bertha, barely edging out Biff. I wish they gave her a better English name though!
Horse: Savannah
Kangaroo: Marcie (not a kangaroo fan though, it just does not work for me)
Koala: Alice
Lion: Rex
Monkey: Shari
Mouse: Bree. I do my really like any of the mice islanders (I feel like their art style doesn’t match the other villagers somehow?) but I saw Bree on an island and she is pretty cute!
Ostrich: Gladys
Penguin: Roald? The penguins are all cute, but none really excite me. Roald is pretty darn adorable though, and I might like him more if I didn’t want to resist the urge to get any more jocks. Many of them have cute designs and even cute behaviors, but I just don’t want to talk about muscles!
Pig: Agnes
Rabbit: Genji
Rhino: Rhonda (I’ve run into her in every mystery island tour, so I guess she has worn me down! Will probably invite her if I see her again.)
Sheep: Willow
Squirrel: Poppy
Tiger: Bangle
Wolf: Freya. Another group I’m not to big a fan of, none of them are bad looking but the designs don’t seem very different to me so I feel like a lot of them just kind of look the same. But I invited Freya from my campsite and though she is not a ‘forever’ resident she has really grown on me and fits in well on my island.

alligator: gayle
anteater: antonio
bear: megan
bird: midge
bull: vic
cat: LOLLY and felicity and raymond and ankha
chicken: plucky
cow: norma
cub: maple and bluebear and poncho
deer: bam
dog: walker and goldie
duck: molly
eagle: apollo
elephant: ellie
frog: lily
goat: sherb and kidd and chevre
gorilla: boone
hamster: hamlet
hippo: bubbles
horse: savannah and reneigh and papi
kangaroo: walt
koala: melba
lion: rex
monkey: nana
mouse: rod
octopus: marina
ostrich: blanche
penguin: sprinkle
pig: agnes
rabbit: coco
rhino: hornsby
sheep: baabara
squirrel: blaire
tiger: rolf
wolf: wolfgang

some of these were a struggle to pick one lmao as you can see

Anteater: Cyrano
Bear: Teddy
Bird: Ace
Bull: Angus
Cat: Rosie
Chicken: Ken
Cow: Patty
Cub: Bluebear
Deer: Fauna
Dog: Goldie
Duck: Ketchup
Eagle: Apollo
Elephant: Tia
Frog: Lily
Goat: Chevre
Gorilla: -
Hamster: Apple
Hippo: -
Horse: Reneigh
Kangaroo: Carrie
Koala: Lyman
Lion: Bud
Mouse: Dora
Ostrich: Blanche
Penguin: Sprinkle
Pig: Spork
Rabbit: Dotty
Sheep: Stella
Squirrel: Marshal
Tiger: Bianca
Wolf: Audie

Cat: Felicity
Cub: Pekoe
Deer: Diana
Rabbit: Chrissy
Wolf: Skye

I don't know about the rest.

Anteater: Antonio
Bear: Nate
Bull: Coach
Cat: Moe
Chicken: Plucky
Cow: Norma
Cub: Stitches
Deer: Fuchsia
Dog: Butch
Eagle: Amelia
Elephant: Ellie
Frog: Puddles
Goat: Pashmina
Hamster: Soliel
Hippo: Bertha
Horse: Roscoe
Kangaroo: Astrid
Koala: Gonzo
Lion: Bud
Mouse: Bella
Octopus: Zucker
Penguin: Hopper
Rabbit: Ruby
Rhino: Spike
Squirrel: Peanut
Tiger: Tybolt
Wolf: Whitney

Alligator: Drago (my fav)
Anteater: N/A
Bear: N/A
Bird: Sparro
Bull: Vic
Cat: Kid Cat
Chicken: Ken
Cow: N/A
Cub: Stitches
Deer: Erik
Duck: Molly
Eagle: Sterling
Elephant: Tucker
Frog: Raddle
Goat: Sherb
Gorilla: Hans
Hamster: Clay
Hippo: N/A
Horse: Roscoe
Kangaroo: Walt
Koala: Melba
Lion: N/A
Monkey: Flip
Mouse: N/A
Octopus: Zucker
Ostrich: Phoebe
Pig: N/A
Rabbit: Ruby
Sheep: Vesta
Squirrel: Static
Wolf: Wolfgang

Alligator: Drago
Bear: Ursala
Bull/ Cow: Norma
Cat: Tabby
Chicken: Ava (though I don’t really like any of the chicken villagers, she seems like the best looking to me, plus the normals are so darn nice it is very hard not to like them)
Cub: Olive
Deer: Fauna (boring choice, I know! Fuchsia is also pretty fun, though the fact that she wants to be given pink clothes to put on or aggressively pink body is ridiculous, have her the Lavalle pink tee and she def. looks kind of naked)
Dog: Maddie
Duck: Freckles but Pate has been rapidly climbing my favorites list in that mysterious way some villagers do.
Eagle: Avery
Elephant: Margie (but on another day I might say Paolo) The elephants are not my fave, but i’ve come around a bit on them.
Frog: Lily, but Croque is a strong second place. So little and grumpy.
Goat: Nan. But Pashmina seems pretty great to, and is a sisterly villager, which I like.
Hamster: Apple with Graham as a close second. (I love the hamsters!)
Hippo: Bertha, barely edging out Biff. I wish they gave her a better English name though!
Horse: Savannah
Kangaroo: Marcie (not a kangaroo fan though, it just does not work for me)
Koala: Alice
Lion: Rex
Mouse: Bree. I do my really like any of the mice islanders (I feel like their art style doesn’t match the other villagers somehow?) but I saw Bree on an island and she is pretty cute!
Penguin: Roald? The penguins are all cute, but none really excite me. Roald is pretty darn adorable though, and I might like him more if I didn’t want to resist the urge to get any more jocks. Many of them have cute designs and even cute behaviors, but I just don’t want to talk about muscles!
Rabbit: Genji
Rhino: Rhonda (I’ve run into her in every mystery island tour, so I guess she has worn me down! Will probably invite her if I see her again.)
Squirrel: Poppy
Tiger: Bangle
Wolf: Freya. Another group I’m not to big a fan of, none of them are bad looking but the designs don’t seem very different to me so I feel like a lot of them just kind of look the same. But I invited Freya from my campsite and though she is not a ‘forever’ resident she has really grown on me and fits in well on my island.
I love all your choices!

Alligator: Gayle

Anteater: Olaf

Bear: Pinky

Bird: Midge

Cat: Ankha

Chicken: Becky

Cow: Tipper

Cub: Judy

Eagle: Celia

Elephant: Tia

Goat: Sherb

Gorilla: Violet but I dislike all of them

Hamster: Flurry

Hippo: Bertha but same as gorillas

Horse: Julian

Koala: Eugene

Lion: Leopold

Monkey: Nana

Mouse: Penelope

Ostrich: Phoebe

Pig: Gala

Rabbit: Can Francine and Chrissy count as one?

Sheep: Dom

Squirrel: MarshalMarshalMarshalMarshal

Wolf: Whitney

I'm aware that 98% of these are female and/or normal villagers and I apologize 😂

Alligator: Pironkon (Drago/Del tied under him)
Anteater: Snooty atm
Bear: Beardo
Bird: Anchovy/Midge/Otis/Shoukichi
Bull: Coach (New Leaf starter, staple and friend. He's cool too cause he looks like a Takin)
Cat: Punchy
Chicken: Knox
Cow: Tipper I guess.....
Cub: Poko
Deer: Erik
Dog: Walker
Duck: Drake
Eagle: Sterling
Elephant: Tucker
Frog: Raddle
Goat: Billy
Gorilla: Boone (Great design)
Hamster: Hamphrey
Hippo: Hippeaux (New Leaf 2nd move in, great villager)
Horse: Papi!!!
Kangaroo: Walt
Koala: GONZO
Lion: Lionel
Monkey: Shari (But she always suffers from a **** house design)
Mouse: Chadder
Octopus: Octavian for design/Inkwell for better house theme (even though not a fan of Splatoon)
Ostrich: Phil (a New Leaf Dreamie who left too soon....)
Penguin: BOOMER
Pig: Rasher
Rabbit: Cole/Gaston
Rhino: Hornsby/Spike
Sheep: Baabara
Squirrel: Sheldon
Tiger: Rolf
Wolf: DOBIE

alligator: Gayle (she has the colors of the lesbian flag so its an insta love for me)
anteater: annalisa
bear: nate (hes doofy lol love him)
bird: tie between midge and twiggy
bull: vic
cat: olivia
chicken: ava
cow: tipper maybe? or norma
cub: june
deer: fuchsia (love her bright colors and also she looks like that one really cool barista at starbucks thats always really nice to u)
dog: shep or cookie
duck: scoot thank u (also gloria - if you gave her a different shirt shed be super cute imo)
eagle: celia! we share a bday
elephant: either cyd (am a sucker for punk rock villagers) or tia
frog: honestly... im sorry but its gotta be gigi
goat: sherb hes bb
gorilla: rocket is okay ig
hamster: n/a (sorry vhbjnk i just dont like any of them)
hippo: biff
horse: WINNIE! shes my number one fave ac villager of all time 💝💝 the star on the forehead just... elevates her somehow
kangaroo: walt
koala: either melba or yuka
lion: n/a
monkey: nana!! shes pink how can u hate her
mouse: bree or bella (bella for punk aesthetic, bree for the cuteness)
octopus: this is tough but i gotta choose marina
ostrich: the only one ive had is blanche so, im biased
penguin: sprinkles or wade... cant decide
pig: gotta say chops. im sorry lol. but chops is just so good 😭 he looks like porco rosso!!
rabbit: tiffany
rhino: merengue i know im basic haha but shes SO CUTE
sheep: n/a
squirrel: tasha or pecan
tiger: tybalt
wolf: wolf link but he's not in new horizons, only new leaf )))): as far the ones in new horizons go, gotta say dobie. i have both of them in my new leaf town!

I've done these years ago, and my favorite villagers change. So let's see what my favorites are this time:

Anteater: Lulu (Not in New Horizons)
Bear: Dozer (Not in New Horizons)
Bird: Jacques
Cat: Raymond!!!! (Yes, I like him. But i'm not Raymond trash about him)
Chicken: Rhoda (Not in New Horizons)
Cow: Norma
Cub: Pekoe!!!!
Deer: Diana!!!!
Dog: Cherry
Duck: Ketchup!!!!
Eagle: Frank
Elephant: None
Frog: Raddle!!!!
Goat: None
Gorilla: None
Hamster: Hamlet
Hippo: Bertha
Horse: None
Kangaroo: Rooney
Koala: Eugene!!!!
Lion: None
Monkey: None
Mouse: Chadder
Octopus: None
Ostrich: Sprocket!!!!
Penguin: Wade
Pig: Boris
Rabbit: Mira!!!! (And Chrissy too, but i'm kinda over her now)
Sheep: Cashmere!!!! (Surprised to see someone like an ugly? I am too)
Squirrel: Filbert (I had to replace him over Raymond. But he was one of my New Leaf dream villagers I was okay replacing)
Tiger: None
Wolf: Dobie

alligator : alli
anteater : annalisa
bear : beardo
bird : twiggy
bull : stu
cat : all of em, can't choose m8
chicken : becky
cow : norma
cub : tammy
deer : zell
dog : biskit
duck : pompom
eagle : cyd
frog : diva
goat : nan
gorilla : violet
hamster : rodney
hippo : bubbles
horse : papi
kangaroo : marcie
koala : melba
lion : elvis
monkey : nana
mouse : bella
octopus : zucker
ostrich : sprocket
penguin : roald
pig : chops
rabbit : genji, francine, chrissy, dotty
sheep : puffy, pietro
squirrel : filbert, static
tiger : rolf
wolf : chief, vivian

would add why but i'm too tired to express my love rn

Bear: Pinky
Bird: Midge
Bull: Rodeo
Cat: Tangy
Chicken: Becky
Cow: Tipper (but love all four practically the same so this was hard, Tipper has the slight edge).
Cub: Bluebear
Dog: Cookie
Eagle: Celia
Elephant: Opal
Frog: Diva
Goat: Nan
Gorilla: Violet
Hamster: Apple
Hippo: Bitty
Horse: Annalise
Koala: Yuka
Lion: Lionel
Monkey: Nana
Mouse: Limberg
Ostrich: Sandy
Penguin: Gwen
Rabbit: Bunnie
Sheep: Vesta
Squirrel: Mint
Tiger: Claudia
Wolf: Skye

Alligator: Alfonso, classic vibes, plus he was in the actual AC movie so I have that extra bit of nostalgia for him as well.
Anteater: Anabelle, I like her coloring and the fact that she kind of looks like a pangolin or armadillo with the scales on her back.
Bear: Megan, super cute and underrated<3<3<3
Bird: Piper, though it's close between her, Jacques, and Sparro. I had Piper in the first AC game, love everything from her name, to her design, to her personality. She reminds me of a canary bird or a Bali Mynah with her white feathers.
Bull: None, really not a fan of any of the bull villagers.
Cat: Olivia, another underrated queen<3
Chicken: Egbert, my og buddy from the CF, I still think he's probs my fave villager of all time, not only for nostalgia's sake but also because I love his facial expressions and coloring. Becky, Ava, and Benedict are also great chickens as well.
Cow: None, see bulls.
Cub: Chester, cute (kinda creepy) panda boi ftw<3
Deer: Deirdre, so many great designs for the deer, but I've always loved Deirdre's autumn vibes. And given that she's sisterly, it makes her stand out even MORE because she's part of a handful of sisterly villagers that I actually like.
Dog: Cherry, 'nuff said.
Duck: Mallary, another original villager I had in my first ever town in CF, great memories, simple but really elegant design.
Eagle: Pierce, I love how regal both him and his house are despite being a jock type, he's really fun and simple.
Elephant: Tia, teapot elephant can't be cuter<3
Frog: Henry, another really simple but cute design. He was my BFF in NL and he looks even cuter in NH.
Goat: Sherb, he's definitely worth the hype. His design and choice of color is just sublime, not to mention that he looks so dopey and innocent.
Gorilla: Hans, I always love villagers that are grouped into a species but are designed to be something else. Hans is a gorilla, but he's designed to be a yeti or abominable snowman and I think it works really well.
Hamster: Soleil, another underrated queen<3
Hippo: None, I had so many hippos follow me around in the gamecube version. Just not a fan of their designs and that extra fact made me dislike them immensely.
Horse: Roscoe, Papi and Reneigh are really great as well, but I love Roscoe's design. He's one of the only villagers, in my opinion, that can pull off the red eyes.
Kangaroo: None, not as bad as the bulls or the hippos, but none of them really stick out to me.
Koala: Lyman is really underrated and really cute. I like his lucky clover theming.
Lion: Rory, Didn't used to like him or any of the lions honestly, but after I realized he was designed around a Chinese lion, he grew on me a lot. His design is actually very clever and interesting.
Monkey: Nana, cute ice climber monkey is cute, but you could pick almost any of the monkeys for me, since they're all super underrated imo.
Mouse: Chadder, from the name to his cheesy design, I can't help but not fall in love with this guy!
Octopus: Zucker, obvious pick but he's one of my faves from NL, and his takoyaki design is on point.
Ostrich: Julia, because of her design and because she super grew on me in NH, but you could pick almost any of the ostriches out and I would still call them my favorite. So many great and unique designs.
Penguin: Cube, cute gamecube penguin is cute. End of story.
Pig: Agnes, similar to Roscoe or Piper, I really like villagers that are all white or all black in their colors. The pigs as a whole are kinda meh, but Agnes is super cute and definitely carries them.
Rabbit: Tiffany, before NH I probs would have said Cole, but Tiffany glowed UP in NH and I have to give credit where credit is due. She's a really well-designed villager, especially for her personality type.
Rhino: Spike, another villager I had in gamecube, was so excited when he was reintroduced in Welcome Amiibo. Punk Rock Rhino is da best<3
Sheep: None, not a fan, especially without their scarves.
Squirrel: Mint, name, coloring, and design are all great. She's just a really pretty villager.
Tiger: Bianca, love this snow leopard print princess<3
Wolf: Dobie, hard choice between him and Skye, but I love his old man-ness to pieces.

Back