• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ferguson: Your Thoughts.

Do you believe that Officer Darren Wilson is guilty?

• Yes

Votes: 103 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 19.4%
  • I do not know

Votes: 32 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes there are, u just have no idea because ur only experience is wat u see on hollywood where a single bullet blows a massive hole in a person and sends them flying 10 feet backwards.
how about u read this case study: http://www.policeone.com/patrol-iss...ne-cop-carries-145-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job/

the fact is, there is no arbitrary number of shots that is "acceptable" force. there are many reasons why one shot will not stop an assailant. physiological and psychological factors.

Shooting to kill should never be the first option of a trained police officer if the "assailant" is unarmed.

im just demonstrating how ridiculous it is that ppl r so ignorant about firearms can so confidently state what is and what isnt acceptable in a gunfight

It wasn't a gunfight.

In other news, cops can legally choke black men to death regardless of the fact that they are essentially pleading for their lives!

if you don't see this as an excessive use of force, you're a ****ing idiot.

since ur a psychic can u tell me what im having 4 dinner pls.

Well considering how this happens all the time, I doubt this out of all the ones will be in the books

In other news, cops can legally choke black men to death regardless of the fact that they are essentially pleading for their lives!

I thought you left the thread.

Well considering how this happens all the time, I doubt this out of all the ones will be in the books

(inter)national response could help

but honestly, I have to agree with you here. even if it does get in, I imagine it'd just be for a niche course like you said and/or a small blurb of sorts. also, it probably won't even be in until like at least 50 years later, if its deemed worthwhile enough in hindsight

Last edited:
people: [mentions brown's stepfather and his family's past]
people: SEE BROWN IS BAD HE IS A THUG AND DESERVED IT
[wilsons mother convicted of forgery and theft, stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from a neighbor before she died]
people:
people:
people:
people: why u gotta bring that up that has nothing to do with the current situation

I thought you left the thread.

u know what maybe..you're right.
However idk man the LA riots has its place in the history books, at the least they'll just have more books written about police brutality.
[x] [x]
And more food for thought
10 worst cases of police brutality.

[wilsons mother convicted of forgery and theft, stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from a neighbor before she died]
people:
people:
people:
people: why u gotta bring that up that has nothing to do with the current situation

...Which is true. Brown's stepfather shouting to the crowd to incite their anger relates to the situation plenty more than Wilson's mother stealing money from a neighbor

people:
people:
people:

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
That doesn't fit the narrative of darren hdu :(

Has anyone here personally attended a protest?
Here's a list of places where people are attending.
http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/
The turnout for my town was relatively small so I'm probably going to make plans to head to one thats a bit bigger.

I went out to Durham, NC the day after the jury and again on black friday. I met a ton of awesome people and standing in solidarity was great. Hopefully there will be more opportunities to go out.

ah more inciteful posting, nice

That sounds more medieval than modern. While shooting has killed more people in history than other weapons combined, medieval punishments like that are extremely cruel and should be taken very seriously. I really hate police brutality.

And they shot back. In self defense.

tru
but maybe if they didn't go busting thru doors and holding guns scaring a 92 yr old she wouldnt need a gun.
Either way, this case at least saw justice.
Also this proves Karls point of shooting once and only injuring a person w2g there karl <3

The two police officers involved in the shooting pleaded guilty to manslaughter and several other charges, and a third officer was also indicted in the murder case.

And they shot back. In self defense.

i wud side with the homeowners in that case, police ****ed up, homeowner thinks its an armed home invasion, its happened plenty of times before

eg. http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95475

there is even the story of a police chief's son who was killed by an elderly couple when he led a raid on the wrong house. police chief said that no crime was committed and that the elderly couple's response was reasonable and proportionate. i cant find a link to the story tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back