• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Fire Emblem Fates General Discussion: Filled with Nohrian Scum

I haven't read all of her supports, but my general understanding is that they're a mess regardless of her orientation. I don't really think I'd be comfortable pairing someone with anyone if they had to try so hard to convince them they like them. If someone likes someone else they'd know, and that's a level of uncomfortable on its own.

I still think there was at least one support that stated she didn't find boys unacceptable as romantic partners, which I think might be what's behind the biromantic label, unless that wasn't translated properly. I'm trying to avoid reading any more because I'm trying really hard to avoid spoilers (although the way some people title their YouTube videos already confirmed some things for me).

My main thing is..
WHY CAN'T I MARRY CAMILLA (as a girl). 8(
The boob belt will forever bother me but her VA is really doing it for me. Plus her face is actually incredibly adorable.
And I feel like from what I've seen, she makes a lot of jokes that imply she's not completely straight..

She says to Foleo that boys are okay, but she prefers girls so much more. Doesn't seem like thats true with her other supports tbh. It's very vague.

Also yeah she flirts with Hinoka a little bit.

Yeah I dunno. It's possible that the game was coded that only males and females can have supports and it was too late to change it so they wrote in what they could? I'm not really sure.

I don't think there should be too much hassle, since you can still get a kid if you marry Zero or Tharja Clone. Instead of giving birth you like adopt them or something? I think that was their reasoning. Not too sure though.

She says to Foleo that boys are okay, but she prefers girls so much more. Doesn't seem like thats true with her other supports tbh. It's very vague.

Also yeah she flirts with Hinoka a little bit.

I don't think there should be too much hassle, since you can still get a kid if you marry Zero or Tharja Clone. Instead of giving birth you like adopt them or something? I think that was their reasoning. Not too sure though.

in case u missed it: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3bw4kj/with_all_the_recent_controversy_surrounding_fire/

click on the imgur link in the reddit post

it clears some things up

so the translation in the support is wrong? still i find it annoying shes like the biggest gay ive ever seen and cant marry girls but w/e

So I tried my friend's FE:if copy today and it seems fun!! The optional stuff are indeed optional, I tried the petting game and it's pretty much just rubbing your stylus on the characters' face (not sure if they have a preferred spot bc they sometimes frown then smile when I change places) and you can only rub on the area above their shoulders, not below which is only if you want to see what their full body model is like. Based on what I tried and what my friend told me about the game, it seems building your castle is more interesting than those controversial features, so you can ignore them if you want.

For gameplay, it seems more like an upgraded version of Awakening (I say this as someone who've only played Awakening, though) not sure about difficulty (she has Nohr) but enemies seems smarter (know when to back down and heal themselves first)

If you like Awakening's gameplay then you'd probably like Fates. She also said the story is an improvement from Awakening, but she's not done with the game yet so I'll wait for her impression on it.

Words cannot express my hype for this game, and trying to resist spoilers has been brutal! There's only one thing that bugs me about the whole thing.

I'm not really a fan of how Hoshido is portrayed as 'peaceful and prosperous' whereas Nohr is 'evil and dark'. It feels like there's obvious cultural favouritism on the side of Hoshido, which is styled after feudal Japan. It's almost as if they're saying they're perfect and can do no wrong, whereas Nohr, styled more after Europe, is shown as the bad guy. No country is perfect, and as a person who loves studying history I can definitely say that Europe has a controversial past, but Japan was no sweet ray of sunshine either. They shut their doors for many years to any contact with the outside world, and if anyone did manage to sneak in, they would be tortured and killed in the most gruesome of ways. Idk... seems like favouritism to make Hoshido so strongly themed after Japan (the names, the weapons, the unit classes, architecture) and make them seem perfect and then make the European themed Nohr evil. If this game was made in the west and the Hoshido were the bad guys and the Nohr were the good guys, there would be a racial outcry. I just wish it was a little more balanced, like Nohr and Hoshido were just two kingdoms who couldn't get along, rather than one being good and one being evil. OR, just stick to the traditional medieval european theme of other fire emblems. I think the Japanese twist is really refreshing, don't get me wrong, it's just too bad that both Nohr and Hoshido are the good and evil of the game.

That aside, I still can't wait for this game and am counting the days until release! I'm gonna choose the Nohr path first, though. Funnily enough, my best friend is half-Japanese and I'm half-Italian, so she's getting birthright and I'm getting conquest, almost like there were versions made for us haha.

Last edited:
I don't see much discussion about the music from the game in general, so I believe this might be a good opportunity to discuss it now. Like Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fates definitely isn't slouch when it comes to that matter. I haven't listened to every single one from that game, but there are a few that definitely stood out for me.

You thought that Azura's first few songs were enamoring? Well, the one from a later cutscene takes it to another level! Watch it at your own risk, especially if you're allergic to spoilers.

So awesome... It even made Garon seemingly passing out.

Remember that Awakening had mild and intense versions for each battle song? Well, Fates does that too! One of them is heard very early in the game and is played fairly often. Here's the calm version of that battle song:

Pretty great, right? However, I prefer the one that plays during a battle animation. Feels more emotional, fantasy and immersive for me!

So, are there any other music and song you guys can't seem to get enough of them?

The third path is out! You can watch the trailer here:

There's already a playthrough of the first chapter, too

I WANT A DOWNLAOD OF AQUAS SONG IN BOTH NOHR AND HOSHIDO BUT WITHOUT THE OLD MAN COUGHING AND GAGGLING ... PLEASE.... and a full version if it exists *_*

Does anyone know if there is/if it will have a way to have both paths saved to one game cartridge?

Does anyone know if there is/if it will have a way to have both paths saved to one game cartridge?
I think it's been confirmed that there will be two different versions in NA too, but it was still sort of vague, so I'm not 100% on it. Every time I look something up I get spoiled, so I'm really trying not to. At some point I may just give up and watch an entire playthrough.

I don't see much discussion about the music from the game in general, so I believe this might be a good opportunity to discuss it now. Like Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fates definitely isn't slouch when it comes to that matter. I haven't listened to every single one from that game, but there are a few that definitely stood out for me.

You thought that Azura's first few songs were enamoring? Well, the one from a later cutscene takes it to another level! Watch it at your own risk, especially if you're allergic to spoilers.

So awesome... It even made Garon seemingly passing out.

Remember that Awakening had mild and intense versions for each battle song? Well, Fates does that too! One of them is heard very early in the game and is played fairly often. Here's the calm version of that battle song:

Pretty great, right? However, I prefer the one that plays during a battle animation. Feels more emotional, fantasy and immersive for me!

So, are there any other music and song you guys can't seem to get enough of them?

THE MUSIC IN THIS GAME IS SO FREAKING AMAZING

I CANT HANDLE THAT WE HAVE TO WAIT SO LONG FORTHISSSSS OMGGGGG

also the difference between hoshido aqua dance song and nohr is so freaking cool it blew my mind

also the difference between hoshido aqua dance song and nohr is so freaking cool it blew my mind

YEAH ITS SO GOOD. I love both the dances and outfits too. Except I think Aqua's Nohr outfit color scheme is a bit weird. I like the Nohr song a bit more, but Hoshido's is very good as well. I just think the trumpets are too loud in the Hoshido version, unless the one I was watching sucked.

Also Aqua's dance is better in Hoshido imo. i just want the full song.. please. they both cant be that short theyre so good

Last edited:
YEAH ITS SO GOOD. I love both the dances and outfits too. Except I think Aqua's Nohr outfit color scheme is a bit weird. I like the Nohr song a bit more, but Hoshido's is very good as well. I just think the trumpets are too loud in the Hoshido version, unless the one I was watching sucked.

Also Aqua's dance is better in Hoshido imo. i just want the full song.. please. they both cant be that short theyre so good

i like nohr version cuz it was unexpected but super good

yeah i dont think there are any perfect quality vids for it yet or if there will be

BUT I WANT THE OST SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAAAAAD

- - - Post Merge - - -

does anyone know if there will be like a streetpass kind of thing where u can battle other ppl but can do it with friends instead of just passing ppl on the street?

id love to be able to fight other ppls teams and stuff online instead of having to actually pass someone with the game

- - - Post Merge - - -

actually im gonna go find all the best rips and download them and ill send them to anyone who wants them

I couldnt find any of the aquas dance songs without the choking guy or in good quality sadly, but i have a decent collection of some good ones so if you want them just pm me

THE MUSIC IN THIS GAME IS SO FREAKING AMAZING

I CANT HANDLE THAT WE HAVE TO WAIT SO LONG FORTHISSSSS OMGGGGG

i've just listened/watched to both the hoshido and nohr version of aqua's dance and yeah they're so good omggg and yeah the difference of the versions is so cool like they managed to get that "peace-loving" and "war-loving" vibe to the respective songs.. and aqua's dance and facial expressions too!!! just ughhh so niceeee can't find the words to describe it rn lol

but tbh i liked nohr's song more bc of the energy and the overall sound hahah

really cant wait to play it agdfshdfjhsdgj

does anyone know if there will be like a streetpass kind of thing where u can battle other ppl but can do it with friends instead of just passing ppl on the street?

id love to be able to fight other ppls teams and stuff online instead of having to actually pass someone with the game
I think you can! You can do it online so it doesn't have to be through streetpass. That's how my friend grinded for support in Nohr lol

Back