• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Flight Rising General Thread [Registration: 8/15 - 8/20]

Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks lovely! :O

Nice!!! What are your plans for the fae? :D

Imp scrolls exists but they are Kickstarter items and reaaally expensive. ;u;

Tip: Scry your dragons before you buy to make sure they're not related.

Yes, thank you!!! Is FR a pretty new thing?

Is that why they need to have staggered registration windows?

hmm... im not entirely sure about that; part of it is the servers, yes, because their servers are ****. otherwise im not even sure if theyll have permanently open reg even with stable servers.

hmm... im not entirely sure about that; part of it is the servers, yes, because their servers are ****. otherwise im not even sure if theyll have permanently open reg even with stable servers.

Ah, ok! Just wondering :>

So I bought some gene scrolls...but can dragons be randomly born with a specialty gene?

Ah, ok! Just wondering :>

So I bought some gene scrolls...but can dragons be randomly born with a specialty gene?

Oooh gonna gene some dragons? :D hmm, what do you mean randomly born with a special gene? Like you put 2 dragons on a nest with babies or like, dragons from unhatched eggs with basic/basic/basic genes?

//lies down
hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've been on TBT lol; how's it going? ~

Oooh gonna gene some dragons? :D hmm, what do you mean randomly born with a special gene? Like you put 2 dragons on a nest with babies or like, dragons from unhatched eggs with basic/basic/basic genes?

I think so xD

Haha yes! Sorry if my question wasn't clear ;v; can 2 basic/basic/basic dragons produce offspring with say a shimmer gene or something?

I think so xD

Haha yes! Sorry if my question wasn't clear ;v; can 2 basic/basic/basic dragons produce offspring with say a shimmer gene or something?

No, they cant. Babies can only inherit genes of what their parents have. :)

Edit: taken from FR encyclopedia
Genes: The passing down of genes works exactly the same way. When a mother and father dragon are paired, their gene rarities are weighed against eachother when determining the outcome for the hatchling. This applies to Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary genes.

Example 1: Harold's Fae dragon has a Tiger primary gene, while his Tundra only has a Basic primary gene. The Tiger primary gene is much rarer than Basic. When paired together, it will be much more likely that the offspring will exhibit the Tundra's Basic primary gene.

Example 2: Harold pairs two dragons that both have secondary genes of the same rarity. Because of this, their offspring have a 50/50 chance of exhibiting either secondary gene.

Last edited:
No, they cant. Babies can only inherit genes of what their parents have. :)

Edit: taken from FR encyclopedia

Ahhh, I thought that, but I wasn't sure - thank you for the encyclopedia link! Sorry, I have a lot of questions that probably have pretty obvious answers ;v;

XAN DAT GUARDIAN HNNNGG

RIGHT MAN SHE'S GREAT
50k, best deal

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, yes, I understand likes are subjective :> but what you've given me is perfect! I have no idea what all of the different genes are, and ideas of what is "popular" sort of helps me see possible combinations :> I need to better understand the genes since they don't use a punnet square xD

Ahhh, I have heard of the scatter-scroll...that sounds tempting, but like you said, SUPER risky.

So, I noticed there is no scroll to change a dragon's breed to imperial - does that not exist? Also, getting another dragon via AH, CR, unhatched egg etc. must be the only way to get another dragon to breed with your offspring, correct?

Thanks again for a wonderful answer, Xan! :> and what is that awesome paint on your dragon's wings? :O

Well, genes do work based on rarity percentages. There's a small explanation and some links to a proper guide on gene rarity on the second page of this thread.

And yesss Scattering is super risky, but sometimes it pays off. : D Generally speaking, people use scatters on dragons that they love for reasons other than how they look. Like having a certain ID, certain hatch date, being important to lore, etc.

The paint you're referring to on my new Guardian is an accent. : D It's kind of like a sticker that someone created. It's a big (very expensive) market on FR. Basically, anyone can create art that layers over any of the dragon breeds and turn it into an item that can be sold to other users. This art is called an Accent if it covers 30% or less of a dragon, or a Skin if it covers 30% or more. Over on the left side of the Guardian's bio, in the Apparel box, you'll see the accent at the bottom. If you click on it, you can see what it looks like and try it on any adult female Guardians you might have.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Nice!!! What are your plans for the fae? :D

Probably going to sell the Fae. xD; I have too many G1s waiting for genes as it is.

HURRAY FOR ICE FEST all the skins are beautifullll!

Also got a big lot of bebes for sale, all up in the AH if you want one but can't afford it just message me on there and send a CR for whatever you wanna pay. (I'm pretty lenient.) But I have two nests with butterfly and toxic babies that I really want to hatch but I have no room, and no money to make more room... everyone after Shadow is up for grabs. http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=175735&page=4

@xan yes yes you are so lucky ;w;

also yasss crystalline gala, brewing one of the skins right meow :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back