• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Flowers on Nook Miles Islands/Shop

nightglow

🍂🐌🍄🪵🍂
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Porkini Foraged Mushroom
Blue Poyopuffball Foraged Mushroom
Sad Elephant Fungus Foraged Mushroom
Bronzed Bushwhacker Foraged Mushroom
Stained Trombone Spore Foraged Mushroom
Plushobello Foraged Mushroom
Hickory Trufflesnout Foraged Mushroom
Golden Trumpet Foraged Mushroom
Eggbert of the Woods Foraged Mushroom
Famous Mushroom
I have heard it is possible to find non native flowers on those Nook Miles Island trips. How long was it for you to find other flowers on those islands? Or other flower seeds in your shop?

Thinking that perhaps everything eventually shows up because there are nookmiles rewards for planting fruit from each tree, I still need to find cherries and pears.

Mine are Roses.
I have only been able to find Hyacinths and Roses on the Nook Miles Islands.
And some Windflower Hyacinth and Rose seeds in the shop.
The shop changes it up over time right? Like, eventually I will see some other flower seeds there right???
I am only on day 6. No TTing.

I also have been trying to get hybrid roses (though I don't really want them...) and hybrid hyacinths going on my island thinking if I have some of each that perhaps the game will start spawning other kinds of flowers on the nookmiles island or seed shop?

Hoping to find pansies eventually. I didn't realize your island has a native flower, otherwise I would have reset for pansies or windflowers.

Also do you have any tips for new players or helpful info? Thanks

You are limited to 4 flowers in your shop as of right now. hopefully they'll fix this in an update. I have never found more then 3 flowers on island trips, and they are the ones nook sells in store for me. Cosmos, hyacinths, and wind flowers. He also sells tulips in store.

this thread I just started may be of use to you. dont feel bad about not resetting.

Interesting. I read that thread. I am starting to wonder if it is locked to the switch system or something. Which really sucks because me starting over isn't going to help me much...
I found this link on Nook Miles Item variants being locked and you would have to trade to get the other color/design of whatever item you would rather have. Makes me wonder about the flowers more.
"Every Island Has Unique Furniture Item Variants
One interesting quirk to be aware of with the furniture items purchased with Nook Miles is that there are actually many different versions for most items!

As far as we know, each island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons has a set variation for each item and only that version will ever appear for sale at the Nook Stop. So you’ll need to trade with others online to get the other variants if you like them!

http://https://animalcrossingworld.com/guides/new-horizons/nook-miles-outdoor-furniture-rewards-every-item-color-variant/

Interesting. I read that thread. I am starting to wonder if it is locked to the switch system or something. Which really sucks because me starting over isn't going to help me much...
I found this link on Nook Miles Item variants being locked and you would have to trade to get the other color/design of whatever item you would rather have. Makes me wonder about the flowers more.
"Every Island Has Unique Furniture Item Variants
One interesting quirk to be aware of with the furniture items purchased with Nook Miles is that there are actually many different versions for most items!

As far as we know, each island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons has a set variation for each item and only that version will ever appear for sale at the Nook Stop. So you’ll need to trade with others online to get the other variants if you like them!

http://https://animalcrossingworld.com/guides/new-horizons/nook-miles-outdoor-furniture-rewards-every-item-color-variant/

I absolutely think these things are locked in the switch somehow. It's extremely unfortunate. I get they wanted people to trade, but it's kind of unfair to people who

A. Can't afford nintendo online no matter how "cheap" it may be
B. The younger kids who play who's parents just wont let them have the membership because y'know. Some parents are nuts.
C. People with anxiety like myself who don't like to trade constantly.

I have no idea what they were thinking implementing any of this and it feels really unnecessary. People were gonna be trading left and right for hybrids and fruits anyway, also furniture in a general sense. People are impatient. and, diy cards, nook tickets, etc.

Not allowing us to have all basic flower colors and types in stores feels like a very unfair and bad move imo. Let alone, even if we wanted to reset for a specific type, apparently, we can't get it anyway.

And the furniture also feels like a slap in the face. People who are into "collecting them all" yeah that's fine, to each their own I guess and it would have been somewhat redeemable if you could "collect them all" in your own town.

But some things/variants you CANNOT get without trading like the nook miles items, (I also think basic furniture colors too, personally. Yet to see variants of the hamster cage in my store but I know they're out there!) and thats bad for all the reasons I stated above.

Also, with this DIY/customization thing.. Why the f not? What you can edit is so limited despite their being so many variants for furniture. I am still so mad about this stuff.

Last edited:
I absolutely think these things are locked in the switch somehow. It's extremely unfortunate. I get they wanted people to trade, but it's kind of unfair to people who

A. Can't afford nintendo online no matter how "cheap" it may be
B. The younger kids who play who's parents just wont let them have the membership because y'know. Some parents are nuts.
C. People with anxiety like myself who don't like to trade constantly.

I have no idea what they were thinking implementing any of this and it feels really unnecessary. People were gonna be trading left and right for hybrids and fruits anyway. Not allowing us to have all basic flower colors and types in stores feels like a very unfair and bad move imo. Let alone, even if we wanted to reset for a specific type, apparently, we can't get it anyway.

Well perhaps they will give an update later (next year?) for "the other half of flowers" for people.
Or, this thought just occurred to me. It may flip every year? maybe next set of warm months you get the other flowers you don't have now?
I really really really don't want to do the trading stuff. I am not sure how it works and I keep hearing horror stories on social media about people trying to do trades and the person they allow on their island destroys everything. And, I am also not a big fan of trading anyway because I feel like it rushes the game more too. (thinking of you pokemon).
I prefer spontaneous spawns honestly.

Well perhaps they will give an update later (next year?) for "the other half of flowers" for people.
Or, this thought just occurred to me. It may flip every year? maybe next set of warm months you get the other flowers you don't have now?
I really really really don't want to do the trading stuff. I am not sure how it works and I keep hearing horror stories on social media about people trying to do trades and the person they allow on their island destroys everything. And, I am also not a big fan of trading anyway because I feel like it rushes the game more too. (thinking of you pokemon).
I prefer spontaneous spawns honestly.

I time traveled to check if the warm weather would bring em out. Nope. Well, here's to hoping in regards to an update right? I was hoping the leif update would do something about the missing flowers. I'm not so sure though to be honest.

it didn’t take me that long - my native flower is hyacinths and i find tulips pretty frequently - even got hybrid tulips at one point!

Back