Freaky Dreams!

I have a version of night terrors. Some can be extremely violent. I suffer from hypnopompic hallucinations. Most people have them a few times in their life. I usually have them 5ish times a week. People that have higher anxiety levels are more prone to have them. The really scary thing about these are that you are in between consciousness and subconsciousness. Most everything around you is exactly like it should be. You see your bed, dresser, your room the wAy it always is but then in addition to my normal room I see things ranging from not too bad, like lazor lights to the extremely scary, like someone standing over me. I've gotten to where I can usually wake my husband up when I have them and he helps me get "out" of them. That has taken years to get thAt far though. The first few years I had them, I would be completely paralyzed. Now I can usually talk my self through them.

Hypnopompic hallucinations are triggered as you are waking. Not waking in the morning but usually 1-2 hours after falling asleep. Before you go into hard sleep.

I aldo occasionally have hypnagogic hallucinations which most people have. Example? When you are just starting to fall asleep and you hear someone call your name, of you have that feeling of falling and you jump. These are much more noticeably common.

They all suck though. Because I have a hard time turning my mind off before bed, I have a hard time falling asleep and my sleep patterns are off.

Ha! One of the funnier ones I've had was seeing buzz light year (belonged to my youngest son, and he sits on my craft shelf). Anyway, I saw him dragging toys out of my room one night. NOT kidding. By the time I got out of that one, I wAs actually laughing. My hubby knows to move very slow when he needs to get up, cuzsudden movements, lights, blinking lights, and sometimes even sounds can trigger these.

Dang, sorry this was such a novel. I didn't really intend for it to be this long.

You HALLUCINATE!?

Yep. They started up regularly 10 years ago. Sux. Some can be really scary like seeing thousands of bugs crawling out of the ceiling. Some aren't scary but most are. My husband calls them my "things". He'll tell me the next morning that I had one of my things last night.

Back in high school, I had a dream that my human physiology teacher tried to stab/kill me lmao. It made no sense because I really enjoyed that class/liked him as a teacher.

Other than that, I've had a lot of zombie dreams. Nothing too freaky lately though.

Back