• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Game name might not be Jump Out

meerkat99

Cool person
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Just found out that the Animal Crossing 3DS might not be called Jump out. In fact, in has been called Fly out, and Going Out. None of them are the official translation; the name is still being decided.
Sorry if you already knew this, just thought I might post in case some people didn't know.
What would you want the game to be called? I like the idea of something that emphasis the newness of the game, and the differences it has from the past games. It would also have to sum up the freedom of the game, like Wild World does. I can't think of an actual name though.

I wasn't expecting it to be called Jump Out anyway. At least, not in NA.

I liked New Fronier, and I also sorta like Fly Out. never really liked Jump Out though...

Am I the only one that HATED the names New Frontier and Your World? They just sound so...immature and really stupid. I love Jump Out, and wouldn't mind if it was named that in America/Europe/Australia/etc.

I don't like the name "New Frontier". It feels very western-like. Your World, kinda stupid imo. Really no charm to that name.

"Animal Crossing: Let's go Swimming!"
"Animal Crossing: Let's be Mayor!"

I'm just trying to think up some titles for the European release.

How does it not make sense, and why would you need an admin to clarify it? Well he actually isn't an admin anymore.

... this doesn't make sense.

is this true, andy?

You don't always need an mod/admin to clarify things.

And Europe doesn't have a word for Folk. They might, but it probably doesn't fit in terms of language.
But we should see this perspective from a European.

Yeah we already knew that it wasnt going to be titled this :)

You are aware that it was mistranslated back when the title was announced, right? They thought it was called Fly Out due to a translation mistake.

飛ぶ means fly, or jump. That's where the mistake came from.

edit: also, there is already a thread for name ideas.

Back