The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Pop Quiz (Time's up, quizzes graded!)

Actually……. Now that I look at that TBT direct post from 2014 I think that was the one I remembered seeing 🤦🏼 So close but yet so far… somehow my brain had decided I had seen it with the really early stuff? And even specifically I thought it was like posted early in the year with something about new year’s. Man. That explains why I couldn’t find it again tho cuz if I saw anything about 2014 or a 10-year anniversary in my history I surely just dismissed it like nah that wasn’t it 🥲

That’s excellent 😂 in my trying to re-find the post that apparently was not actually old, I DID find some post from maybe 2006 or 2007 about a Santa Gyroid, but I think it was just text and the actual icon wasn’t displayed
Post automatically merged:

Oh yeah it was this thread. The whole first post is actually just totally messes up, seems like Jeremy must have originally tagged someone but the way things have changed over time it just entirely removed the name and the emoticon and everything, but you can see people using the text for it in the replies

There seems to be a bunch of them actually, I saw one called sheriff

there was even a dancing one
Woah, I didn't know that existed! Guess that's something I ought to dance to!
e11729.gif

Honestly I don’t even fully remember all the twists and turns I took, but somehow got from a post on here about the more recent change from the-bell-tree-forums, to just. Poking through anything I could find on the wayback machine. There was also a thread from like 2020 I found where people were discussing the history of TBT, and someone linked to a fandom wiki for the site that had a history page. The wiki is like. Very sparse. But that page about history had a TON of links to mostly posts from Jeremy. So maybe some of those led me to finding the actual original site link, which I was able to then put in the wayback machine. I don’t even know. I was gonna do a quick browse to get a few answers and it turned into 4 and a half hours, and somewhere in there I struck gold a couple times 😂

Oh did anyone else find a VERY old (like early 2006 or 2005 or sooner) post where Jeremy was introducing new gyroid emoticons? That was the thing I was vaguely referring to going crazy to not be able to find again. I feel like the names of them must have been the answer to number 15 but could not for the life of me find it again after I had closed the tab thinking it wasn’t important 🤦🏼
Man I was on the wayback machine thing but I didn't really poke around it too much DX

I think I found the answer for Q15! Though not completely sure and don't wanna say too much, I honestly found it randomally and it - I think - mentioned about bringing them back again and how they were made by an old staff member?
Again, don't wanna say too much, I should really find that place again.

That’s excellent 😂 in my trying to re-find the post that apparently was not actually old, I DID find some post from maybe 2006 or 2007 about a Santa Gyroid, but I think it was just text and the actual icon wasn’t displayed

Oh yeah it was this thread. The whole first post is actually just totally messes up, seems like Jeremy must have originally tagged someone but the way things have changed over time it just entirely removed the name and the emoticon and everything, but you can see people using the text for it in the replies
I thought the broken posts were really funny. I found one way back in 2006 and no one replied to it so it was just a really funny empty post.

1000016412.png

I guess we'll never know who to thank for the new emoticons 😔

we see some of the names here of the first generation
Ohh no I thought they were second generation and put them as my answer 😭

I'm pretty sure it's about second generation ("Name the seven faces of the second haniwa."), it had 7 emoticons.
I know what I did now, I thought it was which gyroids were added with the second update (2.0) 😭 you’re right though dw

Going by the discussion, it seems like I probably found the answer to 15, but I don’t think I gave the exact names they’re looking for so it might be marked wrong anyways 😭

Also super curious about the answer to 14! I found an answer that fits perfectly, so if it’s wrong, that’s a cool (and painful) coincidence 😆

18 was so satisfying when I finally found it! I wonder if others found it the same way as me, or somewhere else 🧐

18 was so satisfying when I finally found it! I wonder if others found it the same way as me, or somewhere else 🧐
I don't think I solved 18 right if this was the case 😭 I wasn't a hundred percent happy with my answer, which most likely just means I was wrong LMAO

How did everyone discover all of this?? 🤯 Feels great looking back at the history of TBT! I couldn't finish all of this quiz though because I only know so much about this website. XD

I had to get really creative with the search feature. Advanced settings lets you specify things like post dates and such. I’ll also admit I purposely targeted Jeremy and Justin’s old posts often when searching… 😅 I hope you guys don’t mind lol.

I really hope all the answers get shared eventually cuz I’m curious to know some of the ones I just could not figure out at all
We will see the answers in the closing ceremony!
P.S. - We'll reveal the author of each question when the answers are posted with the Fair's closing ceremony thread, so you'll be able to direct your frustration as desired!

I don't think I solved 18 right if this was the case 😭 I wasn't a hundred percent happy with my answer, which most likely just means I was wrong LMAO
I am pretty sure now that I got 18 wrong. Because it said official colors, I was thinking staff from the very start, which would only be admin and mod. But after seeing that OG site with the background colors, I think my guess is wrong now.

Going by the discussion, it seems like I probably found the answer to 15, but I don’t think I gave the exact names they’re looking for so it might be marked wrong anyways 😭

Also super curious about the answer to 14! I found an answer that fits perfectly, so if it’s wrong, that’s a cool (and painful) coincidence 😆

14 was one of my nemesis’s so I didn’t even look at it and start looking for it until super late before I had to get to work, but I am 100% confident in my answer to that one because when I went searching through direct direct after direct, I had it narrowed down to three and then was able to eliminate as I went and the one that I ended up going with, I still went ahead and finished to the end to make sure it was the right answer, even though I had already eliminated the other two possibilities.

Number 12 was my freaking white whale. I eventually had to put in a guess because I really just couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for, but I had two gut instincts from the start on that one, and I went with my first choice. I even went down another path for a bit with a couple others, but couldn’t find anything that remotely put them into that possibility to be the answered number 12. I cannot wait to find out what this one is just to know.

Last edited:
Back