• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Get rich scheme idea for ACNL

Kitsune

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
There are 3 main ways of making bells that I've seen in the games. 1st is time traveling for bank interest. I've never liked that method. It was way to much of a cheat and the weeds where terrible. 2nd was the turnip market. That may be fine for some people, but I didn't like the chance, so I rarely bought more than 100 at a time (if I bought any at all). And 3rd is foreign fruit orchards. This is what I usually did. Of course New Leaf brings new possibilities.

Native fruit is worth 100 bells. Foreign fruit is worth 500 bells. Delicious native fruit is worth 600 bells. Bamboo is worth 750 bells. And finally, foreign delicious fruit is worth a whopping 3,000 bells! Now unfortunately, foreign delicious fruit will not grow into a delicious fruit tree, but if you have friends there is a way around this. I don't know why I haven't heard of anyone else having this idea, though I could have just missed it.

48 is the perfect number of trees for this. 9 fruit in a basket and 16 spots in your pockets. Plant an orchard of native delicious fruit. I know that they eventually wilt, but just replant them afterwards. Every 3 days trade a full pocket of delicious fruit with your friend for some delicious fruit from their town. That is 432,000 bells every 3 days! You can take it further of course but that alone is amazing.

Night island beetles. 300k in 30min. Repeatable until recycle shop closing.

Set town to night so the recycle shop closes at 2am.

rake in the money.

use the money to buy turnips and play the market properly.

make it rain money.

Are they really that easy to catch? I will probably still use the trees as a passive means of getting bells. After all people might catch a lot of bugs and fish the past games, but a lot those people I'm pretty sure still used foreign fruit for steady income. I might hunt beetles if I'm up but I'm going to try not to even do minor time traveling.

Are they really that easy to catch? I will probably still use the trees as a passive means of getting bells. After all people might catch a lot of bugs and fish the past games, but a lot those people I'm pretty sure still used foreign fruit for steady income. I might hunt beetles if I'm up but I'm going to try not to even do minor time traveling.

No need to time travel. Beetles start popping up as early as 5pm. Best start is at 7pm.

They are quite easy to catch as long as you don't forget to sneak up to them and not scare them away.

You can also set your island up to make it easier to catch the beetles. Clear out the hibiscus, flowers, and all trees on the grassy part of the island, leaving only the palm trees. Make sure the palm trees are spaced out a bit, so if you have two beetles on two trees that are near each other, you won't scare the other one away when your net hits the first tree. :)

It makes it much easier and faster to fill your box up.

The last point you mentioned is the one I like best Kitsune, but why trade, just go to your friends town and sell them there and your friend can come to your town and sell them there because it could happen that you have more fruits than the other person so you would have to only trade the ammount of fruits your friend has and wait until you can trade your rest off.

From what I have seen and read, the Island is the biggest money maker for this version of the game with turnips being the luck factor way and selling both fruit (perfect and non perfect) as a way to get started on getting money.

Well if you both have 48 trees (the perfect number to fill your pockets), then you would fill your pockets in your town and go to their town to trade. If you had more than you may want to go back and forth. If you have more trees than you have to go back and forth anyways, but if I just sold my fruit there than my friend will have to go to my town, and you would be doing twice as much back and forth then you would if I just brought my fruit to trade. If we trade than I am the only one going back and forth. If we use each others shops than we will both have to travel.

I've never really liked hunting bugs for money, so I would find this method better/easier.

That summer insect plan sounds like a good one to me. In a way I'm pleased you can get them all year round as it makes things easier, but in another way I'm a bit disappointed as it makes them seem less special (and maybe they've made it a bit too easy for you to earn lots of cash?) Regardless, one good thing about the game coming out in the summer is it won't feel like 'cheating' by getting the bugs straight away, plus I won't need to travel the island to get them too!

Well if you both have 48 trees (the perfect number to fill your pockets), then you would fill your pockets in your town and go to their town to trade. If you had more than you may want to go back and forth. If you have more trees than you have to go back and forth anyways, but if I just sold my fruit there than my friend will have to go to my town, and you would be doing twice as much back and forth then you would if I just brought my fruit to trade. If we trade than I am the only one going back and forth. If we use each others shops than we will both have to travel.

I've never really liked hunting bugs for money, so I would find this method better/easier.
to make that work well your friend would need the rich town law plus they would need to be online but compare to waiting for fruit to grow on the trees to getting almost 200k a night or more on the island most would use the island.

With how much the projects will cost to place down and cost of upgrading the house for me at least island best way. But whatever works for people though just seems like the island will make it very easy and stuff then fruit

So glad the island is there! I wouldn't be able to make bells easily without it...
And it is fun too. Unlike making money in the other games, which felt like a chore.

I think I'll be going with that bug catching plan. xD Trading fruits is too much trouble for me! Plus I don't want that many of one fruit tree!

I didnt know that :( does that mean you can only have one type of perfect fruit grow in your town?

Yes. :c Only your native fruit can grow as a delicious fruit in your town.

ninja'd.

Like others, I'm definitely going for the bug catching method because it seems easier and more fun to me. But hey, it's good to know of different methods.

I recommend putting a few more palm trees up though. You can also just do this on your own beach with no need for the island if this is during the summer.

Back