• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Get rich scheme idea for ACNL

I recommend putting a few more palm trees up though. You can also just do this on your own beach with no need for the island if this is during the summer.

I'll probably keep going to the island even in the summer. To get more beetles, you have to get rid of the "junk spawns" and it's easier to do that on the island than in town.

Night island beetles. 300k in 30min. Repeatable until recycle shop closing.

Set town to night so the recycle shop closes at 2am.

rake in the money.

use the money to buy turnips and play the market properly.

make it rain money.

This is how I make my money.. Catching bugs at night at the island.. I spend around 2 hours every night catching them. Last night I made around 500,000 bells.. 3 trips to the island :)

I think its nice that it's much easier to earn bells in this game, especially when you have to pay for community projects. Although it kinda takes away that sense of achievement from something like paying off your mortgage, as it used to be quite hard in old games.

Yes, but paying off the mortgage isn't the 'main focus' of the game this time around, being the mayor is. :) So it's only natural that paying off your mortgage would be easier. Personally I think it's still going to be hard to pay off the mortgage AND those huge sums of money on community projects. Especially if you don't have all day to just sit and gather money by fishing or other such things.

This is how I make my money.. Catching bugs at night at the island.. I spend around 2 hours every night catching them. Last night I made around 500,000 bells.. 3 trips to the island

This is why I don't like to catch bugs except for the museum. You spent 2 hours and had to make 3 trips. I can get almost the same amount in probably less than 1/2 hour and only 1 trip by going to my friends town. I plan to use bamboo to make about 108,000 bells on the 2 off days. Obviously this means that I won't be making quite as much money as you, but it'll be a lot easier. If I had to spend 2 hours every day catching bugs the game would become too much of a chore.

I like that making money is easier in this game so you can put down lots of Public Works Projects (I dislike the Japanese term so I'm not using it) and upgrade your house quickly. You still need to wait to buy and catalog furniture so it's not like you'll be getting bored quickly.

This is why I don't like to catch bugs except for the museum. You spent 2 hours and had to make 3 trips. I can get almost the same amount in probably less than 1/2 hour and only 1 trip by going to my friends town. I plan to use bamboo to make about 108,000 bells on the 2 off days. Obviously this means that I won't be making quite as much money as you, but it'll be a lot easier. If I had to spend 2 hours every day catching bugs the game would become too much of a chore.
That almost sounds too easy to make money. xD I like a challenge. Two hours isn't that long of a time to me.

think its per trip 500k bells not sure though, due to the box you can find the bugs that pay the highest to sell at re-tail. also fish there sells well too. 2 hours is not bad, if you use night owl law most might stay longer. but yea whatever pays the bills :) between paying for house, buying items and projects, going to need lots of bells.

A lot of you are arguing that the bugs are better (I don't like bug hunting, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion), but who says you can't do both? If bug hunting is your main method of getting money then that is still an extra 432,000 bells every 3 days.

Nobody said you have to spend 2 hours every night..
You could maybe do one trip every few days and make 75,000 - 150,000 bells a trip (depending how well you know which bugs to catch). That's what I do and occasionally make 2 or 3 trips to pay something off.

Yeah but not everyone wants to take up so much space in their town growing trees and bamboo, so not everyone is gonna want to use your idea. Like me. I don't want that many trees. My trees will be decoration for the most part. So will bamboo.

Now that I think about it, the title of the thread's kind of weird. The word 'Scheme' can give off underhanded and sneaky connotations, but this is a perfectly legitimate way of making money in the game. xD Just a little bit of my weird ocd with word usage going on.

I don't really try and earn money, I just somehow end up with it :3 (friends lend me a lot xD)

Yeah but not everyone wants to take up so much space in their town growing trees and bamboo, so not everyone is gonna want to use your idea. Like me. I don't want that many trees. My trees will be decoration for the most part. So will bamboo.
yes this, there are other factors for me but this is the biggest part.

I really enjoy catching bugs though. If I don't feel like doing it I won't but I enjoy it so i at least go once a night. Plus I can't get bamboo yet. I'm not saying you have to do anything but this is how I'm making money ;)

Now that I think about it, the title of the thread's kind of weird. The word 'Scheme' can give off underhanded and sneaky connotations, but this is a perfectly legitimate way of making money in the game. xD Just a little bit of my weird ocd with word usage going on.

With all this advice on getting rich, I should be able to pay you in a day for those sonic items! :)

There's also a general bug catching badge to motivate you. ;) 5000 bugs caught = gold badge.

I can make two trips to the island in an hour due to how I have my island set-up.

There's also a general bug catching badge to motivate you. ;) 5000 bugs caught = gold badge.

I can make two trips to the island in an hour due to how I have my island set-up.

5000?!?!? Thats too much!

5000?!?!? Thats too much!

5000 for fishing too. :) It seems like a lot, but if you make most of your bells from bug catching and fishing then it's not too bad.
I already have silver for both and you get silver at 2000.

Me too, I'm solely planting fruit trees for decorative purposes. I mean if any wifi visitors wants to take some, they can.

Back