Giving up on your dreamies...

I'm not really giving up, and I never really made obtaining dreamies a primary goal of mine to begin with. I just really like the idea of meeting new people along the way and befriending new villagers I didn't expect to come across. To me, it's not about obtaining my dreamies first, it's about the journey getting there ^-^

don’t even worry about it lol he’s currently on my island and I was gonna auction him but I think helping someone get their dreamy is better than getting NMT

You are like an angel right now, honestly. I've been so discouraged. Can I give you even like, 10 nmt?
Post automatically merged:

I'm not really giving up, and I never really made obtaining dreamies a primary goal of mine to begin with. I just really like the idea of meeting new people along the way and befriending new villagers I didn't expect to come across. To me, it's not about obtaining my dreamies first, it's about the journey getting there ^-^

Yeah, I actually have a lot of 'dreamies' but I decided not to fuss about most of them. Marshal was the only one I really felt like I needed to have, and he's so popular that it's difficult. I'd like to eventually get 1 or 2 of my other dreamies, since I still have a villager or two I want to move out at some point, but I'd like to meet mostly new ones.

Good luck getting him! I tried reaching out to the guy you commented on his thread who was selling Marshal to make up your offer with my own NMT, but looks like he has already sold him. Some people don’t care about NMT, bells, items etc and just give away dreamies to people who really want them, so don’t give up because you will encounter these nice people at some point! :)

Good luck getting him! I tried reaching out to the guy you commented on his thread who was selling Marshal to make up your offer with my own NMT, but looks like he has already sold him. Some people don’t care about NMT, bells, items etc and just give away dreamies to people who really want them, so don’t give up because you will encounter these nice people at some point! :)

I've tried peeking through cycling threads but even those people seem to want a lot. I don't time travel so I've been having a hard time making bells and grinding nook miles since I have such a limited time to truly sit down and play/grind. But I've had some lovely people offer him free which warms my heart and reminds me of the same kindness back in new leaf.

I've tried peeking through cycling threads but even those people seem to want a lot. I don't time travel so I've been having a hard time making bells and grinding nook miles since I have such a limited time to truly sit down and play/grind. But I've had some lovely people offer him free which warms my heart and reminds me of the same kindness back in new leaf.
I agree! So many people in New Horizons seem to only see Bells and NMT...So little generosity.... I used to see people giving dreamies for free all the time in New Leaf (I got Coco that way!)

Tbh, if I got Raymond again I honestly would love to just give him away.

I agree! So many people in New Horizons seem to only see Bells and NMT...So little generosity.... I used to see people giving dreamies for free all the time in New Leaf (I got Coco that way!)

Tbh, if I got Raymond again I honestly would love to just give him away.

Everyone seem to be like "starting bid 50nmt" and I get so frustrated because no matter how hard I tried, I never seemed to make it past 20 nmt." A lot of people don't want bells (which I only have 500k anyway) so

Don't ever give up! I managed to snag Diana, Julian and Beau from users of this forum for less than 10 NMT each! I know it can be frustrating but keep looking! <3

Naw. I don't give up. If I want something I. WANT. IT. No matter the methods I have to do, I'm getting it. (The only exception to this rule are living beings because they aren't exactly...something you'd do sketchy methods on.)

Raymond was like, sold to me for 350m + 40NMT and I steeled through 16 hours worth of accumulative trading sessions (to drop bells down and the NMT.) considering the competition I had to face, I'm glad I managed to convince the seller. Even if it took effort to transport bells.

I bought NFC tags online and on it's way here, I'm keeping those stationary in case Raymond and the new villagers get Amiibos so I can spoof them and skip the dreadful auction hell. I don't care if it's "cheaty" at least I don't extort money from people that bad.

So I think my biggest advice on this is not to give up, but to be patient!
I had a similar situation waaaay back in NL with getting Merengue and I decided that I wouldn’t stress too hard keeping a spot open for her, and eventually it all worked out! I had a spot open up and a found her at a decent price the next day.

Allow that 10th spot to be taken by someone else you enjoy for now, wait for the forum currency issue to hopefully level out sooner rather than later. And check back/try again whenever you have new spots open up in your town.
That rascal will come to you eventually!

I don’t TT, don’t trade, have a full time job & also have a life outside of AC so I understand your pain of finding time to grind NMT and then someone who TT, trades and plays AC all day long will just come in and offer hundreds of NMT! I feel ya. It’s the way of the world I suppose!

I'd absolutely love Audie to come live in Booville, but as she is one of the new villagers shes so expensive.

Everyone seem to be like "starting bid 50nmt" and I get so frustrated because no matter how hard I tried, I never seemed to make it past 20 nmt." A lot of people don't want bells (which I only have 500k anyway) so
Yeah that sort of stuff bothers me a lot (It's like the entry fees for Turnips...Like jeez I like giving large tips anyways but if I was forced to give an entry fee, why would I give a tip?? LOL) like man they're just digital animals, well making money is great there are other ways to make them besides taking advantage of desperate people looking for their dreamies! (Stop upping prices...just cause theyre popular...i even saw raymond on ebay for 25 bucks...like why????)

I don’t TT, don’t trade, have a full time job & also have a life outside of AC so I understand your pain of finding time to grind NMT and then someone who TT, trades and plays AC all day long will just come in and offer hundreds of NMT! I feel ya. It’s the way of the world I suppose!

Yeah, it's been tough. I didn't expect anything making this thread other than to vent that I've been having a hard time, and was surprised that two people offered him free.

I'd been grinding as much as I could, as well. I had 25 nmt, (of which 15 was actually gifted to me) and enough nook miles to buy 10 more, but even with 35, I would get outbid. So I was like...I've had my 10th spot open over a month, I'd like to try and get to 5 stars, should I give up or not, since it's hindering my progress at this point saving every bell and NMT for one villager x-x

don’t even worry about it lol he’s currently on my island and I was gonna auction him but I think helping someone get their dreamy is better than getting NMT
I wish more people had this mentality, it makes me smile to see kindness shining through the villager craziness.

Don't give up!! I'm sure you'll get your dreamies soon. The game just came out so you have PLENTY of time to get the ones you want <3

I actually had Audie as a dream villager and ended up giving up on her. I gave up because in the island search for her, I found 4 other Peppy villagers that I really like and just invited them. And uh I don't think my island needs a 5th Peppy. 😅

I've seen a lot of people get really sad over not getting their dreamies so I was thinking of doing a giveaway thread on here and twitter for people to get their dream villagers since I've got the powersaves amiibo thing. Of course, once it can be confirmed without a shadow of doubt that amiibos aren't glitched anymore lol

Have any of you ever given up on trying to get your dreamies?

I feel like I'm about to give up on the only dreamy I have. I've been trying to get him and I'm either instantly outbid or I look in a thread to find bids already that I could never beat. No one wants TBT anymore, so I feel kind of at a loss. I've kept spot 10 open since I started playing, but I just kind of feel like giving up. Kind of wishing my dreamy wasn't so popular. Being constantly outbidded feels like a huge drag. I don't even have enough NMT where I'd feel comfortable opening up a plot and island hopping - plus with the new event, it's going to suck up my existing NMT trying to find those special new islands.

Anyway, have you guys ever given up on a dreamy because it just seemed too impossible?

I got Vivian, Skye, and Whitney in 32 islands so nope.

Back