• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Going back to Wild World for a Week: Day 2

Thericefish

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I loaded up the game to see all the snow has gone, which came as a bit of a shock as where I live it is still snowing outside. In fact, I just sat down to play after going out to shovel. Anyways I exit my house and check my mailbox, the villagers still haven't replied that I sent some fruit to yesterday. Maybe it takes longer then a day for them to reply in this game, I don't remember. I decided the first thing I should do is go to Nook's and see what kind of tools he had for sale today. I entered the shop and Nook said he was looking for me because he wanted me to sign up for Happy Home Academy. I never cared much for Happy Home Academy but I figured maybe this time I'll give it a shot so I gladly said "Count me in!" Nook had a shovel and a fishing rod on display, I bought a fishing rod yesterday so I snatched up the shovel so I could dig up those fossils around town and check for the money rock. I actually don't know if the money rock is in this game or not but I'm going to go around town and check. I also picked up a citrus carpet and headed back to my house to check it out. Turns out it was a carpet of a orange, I'm totally keeping it. As soon as I put the carpet down I recalled that Nook can actually show me what a carpet looks like at his store, so I use that next time. Alright, off to explore the town for the day. I'm playing a little bit later then I did yesterday and hearing the daily music again makes me so happy. I came across Whitney and she asked me to get her some clothes again, so I guess its off to the Able Sisters. I'm making it a point to buy everything in the shops everyday, but I found a cloud shirt at the Able Sisters that I decided to give to Whitney. The Able Sisters had Royal Crown, I can't afford the 1,200,000 right now though so I decided to just leave it there. Sable still wouldn't open up to me, but did get into a slight argument with Mabel. I decided it might be best to leave the shop for the day and let these two sisters talk. I gave Whitney her cloud shirt and she gave me a fireman's hat in return, I threw this on my head and I thought it looked good so I kept it. Its kinda big though so I think as soon as I find something to replace it with I will. It hit a rock and a bug flew out, unfortunately I don't have a net right now so I just have to let the bug go. In my search for fossils and rocks I came across Sally, who told me how to use the post office and letters. Then she proceeded to say if I didn't send anything she was going to get angry, check your mailbox Sally. I heard some whistling in the distance and saw Frobert, I went over to see what he was so happy about. He said he was busy deciding what type of exercise do to instead of asking me what type he should do he just said that I should make a town tune so he has something to work out to... for a whole 15 seconds. I'm starting to question how hard of a work-outer Frobert is. Accidentally I stepped over a hole I was trying to dig and fell into a pitfall! Mashed buttons as fast as I could to escape. No bells were magically popping out of rocks so I was starting to think it wasn't in this game, until I came across one and money started to fly out! I hit the rock as fast as I could as money popped out! I got 4,500 bells out of the rock which was pretty alright, in New Leaf you could get about 16,000 out of the rock. Maybe I just didn't hit it right. The town bell ringing signaled that it was 4PM, and so the music changed. As I was running around in my search for fossils, I came across a weed and remember the ghost that would pick all the weeds if your town got overgrown. After some thought running around I remembered that he exists in City Folk, but not in Wild World. I managed to dig up two more fossils on the beach, I ran up by the town hall to see Gracie. I wasn't a big fan of her but I couldn't remember what she did in this game so I talked to her. She proceeded to insult my outfit and quiz me, which I proceeded to fail. I threw in the towel on finding that fourth fossil and went to the museum to get my fossils checked. Blathers told me that he only recently got certified to do fossil examinations, which was great since I needed him to exam a few. I dug up a ankylo tail, dimetrodon tail, and a sabertooth torso. I donated all of them, and went down to Brewster's to get my daily cup of coffee. I noticed that when my character exclaimed "Excellent!" Brewster had a exclamation point go off over his head, I wondered what this meant as I walked out. I grabbed the shells and went off to Nook's to sell my junk from the Able Sisters and to buy out his store. I got paid a measly 1,335 bells for all my stuff. After buying and selling back to him everything in his store I wound up with a bit less then I did when I started for the day. I decided I should go fishing for a bit before I called it a day, first fish I could was a Dab. The second fish took me a get to bit, but turned out to be a Sea butterfly. I don't recall ever seaing (SEA WHAT I DID THERE) this type of fish before so it was pretty cool to see a new type. While roaming the beach looking for some more fish to catch Sally caught my attention and showed me a letter which read "Sally! Wouldn't it just be super cool if you had your own pep squad to cheer you through life? Y-E-A-H! A! N! O! N! Y! M! O! U! S!"
Sally said it gave her a serious case of "The warm fuzzies" I thought it was mildy creepy and maybe written by Whitney. After scouting the whole beach I couldn't find anything so I turned to the rivers and immediately caught myself a pond smelt. I donated these fish to the museum and made my way over to Lost and Found and the recycling bin. I forgot to check these yesterday but I'm going to make a point to check them everyday. You never know what you are going to find in there. I was making my way to the town hal Frobert grabbed me to show me a letter that someone sent him his letter read "To Frobert, I'm not fat! I'm just fluffy! A certain furry someone." I took notice that this letter used the same stationary type as the letter that Sally got. Frobert said it was heart warming and got his muscles pumped, I again thought it was creepy. As I was right outside the town hall doors Whitney grabbed me and said that she had come up with a nickname for me, Fancy B. I couldn't care less but I suppose I was glad that my villagers were thinking about me. I found a classic wardrobe in the Recycling Bin, which was great since I needed some storage in my house. Another thing that Wild World did better, it was nice that Booker and Copper had some use besides Public funding projects. I think that in the next AC game it would be nice if all the characters were there from the start, or maybe they would all be fundable from the start. It was annoying since I wanted a police station in ACNL but my villagers never suggested it. With the exception of the snowy paper I sold everything I found in the lost and found. As soon as I enter Nook's he tells me that he will be closed tomorrow for expansion. Apparently buying everything in the store leads to fast upgrades. I really wish he would wait a few days since money is scarce for me right now. I guess tomorrow's entry won't be as long. I put the classic wardrobe on my floor and put the snowy paper inside, I played enough for the day so I went up to my bedroom and saved, thinking about what I was going to do tomorrow as I shut my game.

Back