• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Going Into the Game Blind

I've spoiled so much for myself xD But I try to hide some things for myself, like small details etc.

I only know a limited amount of information, but as we approach release it's getting increasingly difficult to resist looking everything up! :p

I'm going into it semi blind I think.

There's a lot of community projects I'm not familiar with and a lot of the finer details of when shops upgrade I'm not familiar with either.

I do have a general idea of everything though, so I wouldn't say I'm blind.

One thing I haven't looked at in the slightest is the new museum layout. At least there's that part of new leaf that is going to be a total surprise for me :)

I have been watching the Lin&Ko videos. Having said that, I only just found out what was required to get the golden axe in Wild World and by golly you'd never figure that out on your own! I'm sure that despite all i'm watching there will still be lots of surprises!

I do know a lot, but I've kept the beginning of the game a secret! Also for the past 2 months I've banned my self from looking at any more information about the game.

I know too much XD

But it's not all connecting with me, so it'll make more sense when I see it.

This. When I look at community projects, and even movement.. I just stare at the screen. I don't mind spoiling, but none of it really clicks until I do it for myself. >.<

Although I've been watching gameplay videos, I'm going in fairly blindly as well. I really don't remember the requirements for each shop and only certain items I remember. Like the ballet slippers stuck out to me but I don't remember any other specific footwear. Unless you really study and memorize I don't think you'll remember specifics once you start playing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Although I've been watching gameplay videos, I'm going in fairly blindly as well. I really don't remember the requirements for each shop and only certain items I remember. Like the ballet slippers stuck out to me but I don't remember any other specific footwear. Unless you really study and memorize I don't think you'll remember specifics once you start playing.

I've only watched a few of the Treehouse videos Nintendo has put out, other than that, I'm going in blind!

Last edited:
I think I'm going in knowing a bit.. too much? Hahah.. the information was just too good for me to resist I guess? ^^; I applaud those who managed to stay away from it all, though. I'm not too bent out of shape over it myself, I do like knowing what I'm doing going into a game anyway. Just a preference. :)

Oh and I agree with Lacey and Oath, I have watched a lot, and read up on all available information, but it is just nooot the same as playing it myself, so yeah.

I've spoiled a bit for myself. Some things will be a surprise :)

I think no matter how we go in, were all going in deep and gonna be happy to be there lol.

I know nothing about animal crossing and i'm keeping it that way. Since I'm working with commentary on some videos I feel like it'd be more entertaining for someone to play and commentate without knowing jack.

It's a good thing that you're going into the game blind. I'm afraid that I know too much. But at least I've discontinued watching anymore videos.

I like knowing a lot about the game. Knowing about something in AC now as opposed to finding out later will only lose me the thought "Oh, well that's neat/lame" and then everything is the same, lol.

Back