• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Halo Sig

SL92

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I'm not sure, but I think I'm getting better at GIMP. Anyway, here it is:

sighk2.png

Awsome. The only thing I don't like is the background color. It also looks empty.

How did you get the text like that?

Minoranza said:
Awsome. The only thing I don't like is the background color. It also looks empty.

It's just the style of text, I think it's called Depressioner Three or something. Anyway, thanks for the comment. Can I get any advice?

Shadow_] [quote="Minoranza said:

It's just the style of text, I think it's called Depressioner Three or something. Anyway, thanks for the comment. Can I get any advice? [/quote]
Sure, I agree with minoranza, in that its way too empty, try making it smaller and blending the text a bit. Maby sharpen the image to give in a little depth and try not to make it so monochromatic, don't be afraid to use ALL the colours your render's pallet gives you.

^_^

XGT said:

It's just the style of text, I think it's called Depressioner Three or something. Anyway, thanks for the comment. Can I get any advice?
Sure, I agree with minoranza, in that its way too empty, try making it smaller and blending the text a bit. Maby sharpen the image to give in a little depth and try not to make it so monochromatic, don't be afraid to use ALL the colours your render's pallet gives you.

^_^ [/quote]
Hmmm... thanks for the useful advice XGT! So, if I were to do this over I'd blend the text, make the sig smaller, have greenas well as the other colors in there, mix them up a bit, I suppose

:) But when you say sharpen the image, would you mean to sharpen the render or the sig itself? Thanks again.

Shadow_] [quote="XGT said:

^_^ [/quote]
Hmmm... thanks for the useful advice XGT! So, if I were to do this over I'd blend the text, make the sig smaller, have greenas well as the other colors in there, mix them up a bit, I suppose

:) But when you say sharpen the image, would you mean to sharpen the render or the sig itself? Thanks again. [/quote]
Yeah, you got it! For sharpening the image. After you have a final product go (and I'm not sure if you can do this in GIMP)
Code:
Image> Apply Image> Okay
Then use a sharpen filter, and you can erase any bits that may be too sharp with a low transparacy. OR set the layer to "lighten"

[quote="Shadow_] :yes: Okay, I getcha now. I'll use this for my next sig :-D [/quote]
Ok, I'll be waiting for it.

^_^

Back