• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Happy Home Designer - Frequently Asked Questions (Got a question? Look here!)

thank you very much!! now i can safely scan the card then :) dunno what happened with the person i read the problem from but just didn't wanna make the same mistake if anything.
ah, now i understand what you mean. i guess the person was referring to the items that are on your card not in your game ^^
like when you have 64 items saved on your card it will likely write the new ones over the last ones you saved before, but idk i never tried doing that. so if you wanna keep the items on your card, or plan to pass the card and content on, maybe just don't save new items on it, or make a new room that has both the old and new items in it and save that one on it.

anyway have fun with your new items :)

The items, yes. The way you can get the items is you have to get someone who has the items put them on an amiibo card for you. You scan the amiibo card and you'll get them in your game.

You can't get the villagers again. I honestly see no way to get villagers that you missed unless they re-release them at some point or make the DLC villagers into their own amiibo cards.

Thank you! I hope they re-release them like they did with some of the New Leaf DLC items

Just saying, the digital HHD copy for me was not a download thing when I bought it in the N3DS XL bundle (EU region), it was preinstalled. :3 Good FAQ anyhow :D

ANother question, hehe. How do you enter the monthly contests?

Like Universaljellyfish said, but make sure that you have the update for the game applied. You have to go into the eshop and download it. It's free. When you've applied it, the game will say 2.0 in the upper right corner and there will be a red computer on the front left of Lottie's desk that you can use.

Has anyone made a pattern just the color black and tried using it for carpet? Each time I try using it for carpet (and not as a rug), the black looks brown and gritty looking. If anyone knows how to make it not gritty looking, I'd greatly appreciate if you let me know. :]

Has anyone made a pattern just the color black and tried using it for carpet? Each time I try using it for carpet (and not as a rug), the black looks brown and gritty looking. If anyone knows how to make it not gritty looking, I'd greatly appreciate if you let me know. :]
might be the light in the room.. try different or fewer lamps, maybe wall lamps instead of ceiling or floor ones, they are not as bright.. or different lamp colors, or turning lights off, closing curtains till the areas you need black are dark enough.
i noticed this gritty effect you mentioned with almost white patterns too, looks kinda textured and the dark ones get this warm brownish glow sometimes.. dunno

Last edited:
Like Universaljellyfish said, but make sure that you have the update for the game applied. You have to go into the eshop and download it. It's free. When you've applied it, the game will say 2.0 in the upper right corner and there will be a red computer on the front left of Lottie's desk that you can use.

Thank you again. I heard about an update but I declined it because I wanted to play sooner, and I completely forgot about going into the eshop

When am I going to be able to get Claude without going to a Nintendo zone in NA?? Or can I get him already

Anyone know who unlocks the acid-washed pants? I just realized that I don't have those but I have the jacket. o.o

So I'm visiting homes from other players and I've tried to save some of their custom designs but I can't. It's not that the owner hasn't made them available, because Lottie says they are. But when I am taken to the page with the designs, they're white and I can't select any. Is there a limit to how many designs one can save in a day? Or this something else??

Those are designs from QR codes. You can only save designs the other player has created themselves.

hello, I have a question..
at what point in the game can I change my hha jacket uniform?

hello, I have a question..
at what point in the game can I change my hha jacket uniform?

You can't unless you're just visiting a villager's house or a facility; then you drag yourself to the clothes icon at the bottom left hand corner of the screen. It's only for screenshot purposes; so, when you design houses or return to Nook's Homes, you'll be back in your jacket. I hope that helps :]

Is the stone wall exclusive or something?

Everytime I unlock the stone wall it disappears with the next client. VERY ANNOYING AND WEIRD. If I unlock Something i should be able to use it forever.

Does anyone else have this issue?

I just got my first pack--Nothing really interesting besides Isabelle. It's sparkly, #1 in the first series, and says 'SP'. Is she unique and worth a lot? Could I trade her for Marshal? Thank you!

Back