• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Happy Home Designer turns one year old

Alolan_Apples

Mollycord’s Exile
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I like to announce that today is Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer's first anniversary in the United States. I know it's not even a full year in the PAL region while it's more than a year in Japan, but it's been a full year since I owned my copy of the game.

In the blog comments, here are some questions you should consider answering:

1. Did you buy the game on release? If not, when did you buy the game?
  2. How many amiibo cards have you collected?
  3. What was your favorite part about Happy Home Designer?
  4. What was your least favorite part about Happy Home Designer?
  5. What is your overall rating for this game?

I know it wouldn't be worth celebrating anniversaries of every game, but this was one of the games I did enjoy.

I did impose a 50-comment limit where no more than 50 comments can be posted. This time, the 50-comment limit is taken off, but for this entry.

1. I got HHD (and NL) for Christmas last year.
2. I've got 13 amiibo cards, including the one that came with the game. I originally started collecting them because I wanted K.K. Slider in HHD, but it's actually pretty fun. I'll probably continue collecting after I find K.K.'s card.
3. My favourite part of HHD is all the new features and aspects of interior designing that were introduced. You can now put down rugs, hang lights or chandeliers up on the ceiling, and you've got more options for where you can place furniture, since the grid is made up of lots of smaller squares. I also love how you can give the villagers large yards filled with trees, flowers and even furniture. I really hope some of these features are in the next official game, especially the outdoor feature.
4. My least favourite part is the fact that the clients will be happy with anything. It takes away some of the motivation to do a really good job, and I personally don't feel like their compliments are as rewarding when I could've done literally anything and they would've liked it.
5. My overall rating is a 6/10. It's an enjoyable game, with a lot of features that I really like, but it's also got quite a few major flaws. It's a game I can only really play every so often, and I doubt in five years time I'll be sitting there thinking, "Hmmm... remember Happy Home Designer? I should play that game again."

Back