How much are you willing to pay for a game?

It depends on the game. I’ll pay £50 for a good first party switch game, but I’ll generally spend at least a week looking at reviews and stuff to make sure it’s worth it. It’s a lot of money to spend on something if you’re not sure you’ll like it though. I bought Stardew valley for like £12, slime rancher for £7ish on sale, and i think Ooblets cost £20-something. I dont know 😂 I’m reluctant to buy games I’m not familiar with for the full Nintendo £50, but if they were half that price I might consider it.

For normal priced games, mainly the switch are like £45-£50 area which, I am not always comfortable paying for that. The only proper expensive game I bought was the preorder arcues and scarlet and violet double.
I am comfortable with like £30/£35 (CEX is so stingy with switch games - CEX is a game/dvd shop of preown itemes) but I mainly look elsewhere for better deals and such and wait for discounts on digital games :3

I can live with the Switch's game pricing typically being between $40-$60 USD, since it is also a home console... but I only play handheld anyway and do kinda miss the 3DS era of $30-$40 USD games a LOT lol ;u; I think anything past the $40 mark is when I start feeling kinda "oof" over the price tag. I think $60 probably is my limit for a base game price—I've spent more on limited edition sets, but I'm getting more than just the game itself with those. If I'm spending that much, it's a big treat for myself and I want to feel very confident that I'll enjoy it.

I plan on sticking with handheld games, so if their base price starts shifting more towards $70+, thaaaat's probably when my new game purchases are going to stay limited to sales and special occasions.

$20-30 since I tend to play more indie games. $60 if it's a Nintendo game I really want but that's unlikely to happen unless it's another animal crossing game

Willingly 50 bucks, 60 bucks hurts and I'm not willing to go higher. But there are like 3 games per year I want to experience on release, so it's not too bad. I've been spending 100 bucks per month on gaming in general, but now I have so much catching up to do I don't need to.

Not much. Above £40 and it has got to be a game I'm really excited for. I rarely buy games at launch anymore due to price.

Nintendo games being £50 and rarely going down in price irks me. My Switch collection is very small as a result and mostly consists of Pokémon titles.

Depends on the game 😅 I just forked out £70 for bo6.. last year I paid for the deluxe version and that was nearly £100

I don't have a hard limit per-game. In general, I tend to lean more toward a one-hour-per-dollar rule. I don't typically buy something unless I think I'm going to get at least one hour of gameplay out of it for each dollar I spend. I'm willing to pay more for a game like Animal Crossing or Destiny 2 becaue I know there will be extensive content and I'll return to the game over months or years. I'll also pay more for something like MarioKart that doesn't really "end"--it can be brought back out whenever. I have far exceeded the 60 hour mark in all three of those games!

For shorter games, I wait for sales and buy once the price drops to a point I'm comfortable with for the experience I expect to get. Or, honestly, I just reserve them at the library, play them for free, and return them, since I wouldn't really have any reason to return to a linear game that I've already completed when there are so many other new games to try.

I guess it depends on the game. I’m already don’t really fw the fact that Nintendo is making us pay $60 for new games, but if I feel like the game is good, I’ll buy it. I think that right now, $60 would probably be the limit for Switch games, and probably $40 for anything else.

i think new AAA games are starting to use the $70 price tag but yet the quality doesn't seem to be going up along with the price. personally i think $60 is really the max for me. but i rarely pay full price for a game. i typically wait for a steam sale or something. i'm not really in a rush to play many games these days.

Back