How much are you willing to pay for a game?

I really honestly already think $60 is a lot for a game. I know my parents bought me almost every single Wii U game over the years as gifts when they released but as I get older I'm more and more thankful for that. Switch games are just as expensive but are a mixed bag in terms of my enjoyment so I generally just wait for sales.

honestly, it depends on the game. $60 is steep, but then again, i paid the $70 for tears of the kingdom when it came out. i usually try to stick to games that are in the “sale” section of the eshop, but i won’t limit myself if there’s a title that comes out that i’m particularly excited for, if that makes sense. i may wait a bit to buy it, but i almost always just suck it up and make the splurge.

I usually wait for sales on games, especially on Steam. Switch games hardly ever go on sale and if they do, it's not much so if I want those games, I just bite and buy full price, but it's still a rare occasion. for Nintendo games that I'm not too rushed to get, I'll wait for the crappy Nintendo sales or grab it second hand.

i think $60 for a switch game is overly expensive. i bought animal crossing population growing for $80 and i was willing to splurge for that because its an old game, but for a newer game i think more than $50 is too much. so i’ll cap it at $70 MAX for new titles.

i think $60 for a switch game is overly expensive. i bought animal crossing population growing for $80 and i was willing to splurge for that because its an old game, but for a newer game i think more than $50 is too much. so i’ll cap it at $70 MAX for new titles.
gamecube games are finally lowering in price. There are some titles that will never recover from those collectors hounding on them tho. Sometimes for something like acpg its not worth money cause you keep it forever

$60 is probably my limit. It really depends on what the game is. Some games are so full of content that it makes up for the price because I get a lot of time out of it. Other games are so uninspired or stripped that it doesn't feel like it's worth it at all. I never thought I would say this about Nintendo given their record of making decent 1st party games, but lately they've put out way too many games stripped of so much content that the predecessors are considered way better. Or pushed them out so full of bugs and glitches that they're borderline unplayable.

Lately in the gaming industry I think the corporate side of it is getting too out of hand and greedy. Pushing out games too early, core content missing that will be trickle fed, pay to play, ect. It really does suck that the last few years the mass not only deals with, but accepts that games will never be released complete. I shouldn't have to buy a game day 1 and wait for updates to fix it. Or have a physical game and have it take an hour or more to add 55 gb of extra stuff they decided to finally get around to adding to make the game actually work.

Back