• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Has this happened to you? (not necessarily a problem)

Rainbow minerals

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Ok so during all this time playing (since launch) I've been focusing on making my town look so good that I haven't been able to make my house any bigger or organized/awesome(from spending too many bells on PWP) also since I suck at making hybrids I haven't been able to make that many hybrids for my town (which I need a lot of),anyways to make it simple have you ever spent so much time on something in the game (like gardening,collecting clothes,etc...) that it distracts you from doing other necessary things to make your town or house look good?

Yup. I've focused most on my town's appearance and focused very little on my own house. I think it's okay though. It's given me time to fill up my catalog and help me know for sure what I WANT my house to look like.

It's definitely a balancing act. I've just recently started (a lil over a week) and I find myself at that crossroads daily! I try to focus on the town - as I feel somewhat obligated, being the "mayor" and all - but I've also committed to apply at least something ( no matter how small) toward repaying my loan as well. That way I feel like I'm chipping away at both, though on one, with a teaspoon at times. ^^

Yes; when I was acquiring my dreamies, I completely ignored landscaping in my town, so for the longest time my town consisted of nothing but a huge hybrid garden that never wilted because of the beautiful town ordinance. Since that's done though (at least, for the most part; I'm still trying to find Roald, but the search for him is a more recent development since I've decided I liked him more in my previous games than I do Sheldon now) I've been working on paths, gardening, and pwps. My house is still a mess though, but that can wait :)

I think I've got a good balance. My house isn't fully expanded but now I've reached the PWP limit (30 PWP's) I can focus on expanding the inside fully, and getting a nice exterior. When my house is fully expanded I'll continue with my town because I'm hoping to switch all the zen stuff with fairytale, which probably won't end up happening.

Yup. I've focused most on my town's appearance and focused very little on my own house. I think it's okay though. It's given me time to fill up my catalog and help me know for sure what I WANT my house to look like.

That's a good point, bonez. I never considered the catalog angle.

I literally focused on making my town perfect so citizen satisfaction was 'best town ever, no one wants to leave' and on public works projects and finding fruit and flowers just to make that happen.

It was after that that I started to focus on my house upgrades.

I guess I just ended up putting my citizens and my town first.

Last edited:
Back