Have you ever been starstruck?

• Yes

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Chloe are you serious rn

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
No. I love voice actors and I follow some on twitter and instagram, but I don’t think of how I feel about them as starstruck but more as respect for them as a person and for their talent (sorry if this sounds weird or rude). Maybe the closest to starstruck would be how I feel about Hiroshi Kamiya and Daisuke Ono; I get so excited when I see they’re voicing over a character in a series or game I’m interested in. I am impressed tremendously by English voice actors too but I don’t think how I see them is the way people generally look at like hollywood celebrities (I don’t view the Japanese VAs that way either). Most voice actors seem really down to earth and are kind and friendly to fans, that is part of what keeps me following them and replying to them.
I wrote a fan letter to Brad Swaile back in the day and he wrote back, as well as sent me some art of his characters (including Light Yagami). It was cool, but I mostly knew him from Ranma 1/2 lol.

Yep. WWE wrestler Bobby Roode was standing behind me at a line in New York. (He goes by Robert Roode now). I was stunned in that moment and not expecting it.

Then someone else recognized him and others started shouting at him.

He put his hood over his face. I get the impression he didn't feel like being bothered. (Celebrities are people too).

I'm glad I didn't bother him. I think I was a little too awe struck anyways.
My dad briefly met Mr. Wonderful and Bobby Heenan back in the day, at a wrestling event. He was a ‘80s wrestling fan, so it meant a lot.

I keep thinking this thread is called have you ever been to Starbucks but then it magically changes to what is actually typed out.

I was in middle school with certain rock bands. It didn't stay long and basically ended when highschool started.

Actually I think some entertainment stuff is targeted towards that age group specifically vs highschool ages, so I guess it kinda makes sense.
But I think what I liked most was their creativity in their music videos and clothing and it going well with their lyrics.

My dad briefly met Mr. Wonderful and Bobby Heenan back in the day, at a wrestling event. He was a ‘80s wrestling fan, so it meant a lot.

Ahh that's very cool c:

I got to talk with Ron Simmons of the APA. He was coming out of the bathroom and I just told him hello and we talked for a little bit. Lita also gave me a high five. Hardcore Holly...well, he wasn't such a nice guy.

It was a local show our mom dropped us off at. I was 14 and too young to be familiar with them or that era. So I wasn't nervous or starstruck. Worked in my favor because I didn't mind speaking with or interacting with them. (can't be nervous when you have little idea who they are).

Non wrestling story was seeing Betty White on a school zoo fieldtrip. Again, I had little idea who she was. But she waved at me.

My teacher was 60+ years old and was gushing. She clearly was familiar with Betty White. I remember feeling really happy for her.

I don't think I have? If I'm understanding the definition correctly. There's not a lot of celebrities I actually care that much about and especially not ones I would ever see.

Saw some sumo wrestlers live, in-person recently and got some pics of (and with) them. I even remember seeing two of them on TV! (Yama and another one had also been in movies.) It was an amazing experience.

I don't keep up with celebrities or anyone famous, but I did meet a voice actor I liked and my favorite band and I had no idea what to say with either. I was lucky to have someone with me both times who did the majority of the talking, but I wish I had been able to express how I felt. That might be more my social anxiety though. :p

No, celebs are overrated. Most of them are adult pretenders whose occupational salaries should be a lot lower than their current worth in society. Most of them have very bad opinions and unfortunately most them think their bad opinions are actually clever and cerebral which is truthfully sort of sad tbh. Even in my teen years I thought like this so such starstruck moments never really struck me. Well...I guess there was that one time when I looked in a mirror. I said "Who is that handsome devil? Oh, its me!" And that was the first and last time I was starstruck.

YESSS!!! I am completely starstruck with Bruce Springsteen! We have the same birthday, and I’ve seen him in concert twice now, once from the pit! He walked RIGHT BY ME. I cried I was so happy. I didn’t zoom this picture at all. I took it before he got right in front of me so I could relish that moment in real life, not in a picture. This was as close as I’d let him get without risking losing that chance!
IMG_4016.jpeg

I know how this sounds and some of you are going to say, "Well, celebrities are humans that poop and sneeze like the rest of us, so I don't feel that way." But just hear me out. Maybe some of you will agree.
I haven't met any celebrities, but I've seen/interacted with some.
So lately I've been drawing portraits of my favorite drag queens (From Drag Race) and posting them on Instagram. Some of the queens have liked and commented on my post things like "Yass!" or several heart-eye emojis. (DeJa Skye, Yuhua Hamasaki, Kimora Blac, Orion Story) It might seem like a simple gesture, but it blew me away. I guess you know you've made it if people are drawing fanart of you.
Another time I've been starstruck was when I wrote a fan letter to Matthew Lewis around the time of Order of the Phoenix. I got a signed photograph of him (as Neville) saying, "To Chloe, from Matthew". My cousin went NUTS as she's a huge Potterhead. 😂
I also wrote a letter (and got a handwritten one back!) from anime voice actor Brad Swaile. He also sent me some art of the various roles he's played.
I saw Raven-Symone in person at Six Flags. I also saw Il Divo live and Idk...it made my heart beat a little faster. I've also passed by performances (in a bus) of Nas and Nicki Minaj. (Not exciting but still fun lol)
My dad was also a huge wrestling fan back in the day (WWF Attitude Era) and met some wrestlers. He was really excited as he'd never met a real "celebrity" before.
So have you ever been starstruck?
I've never been starstruck. Kinda related though, I had MOTHER Yuhua Hamasaki reply to my comment on reddit once! She's so funny 😂

I've never been starstruck. Kinda related though, I had MOTHER Yuhua Hamasaki reply to my comment on reddit once! She's so funny 😂
I love her omg! I’d like to see her on All Stars. Maybe one day….

I also drew a portrait of Mistress Isabelle Brooks right after season 15 cast was announced (so I had no idea how iconic she would become), and she liked my pic on Instagram, also commenting the heart and double exclamation emojis. Her YouTube channel is funny; I enjoy the videos where she pretends to be “Eleanor Charles”. 😂

I love her omg! I’d like to see her on All Stars. Maybe one day….

I also drew a portrait of Mistress Isabelle Brooks right after season 15 cast was announced (so I had no idea how iconic she would become), and she liked my pic on Instagram, also commenting the heart and double exclamation emojis. Her YouTube channel is funny; I enjoy the videos where she pretends to be “Eleanor Charles”. 😂
YES! My favorite video is the one where she got kicked out of the old fashioned cooking page on facebook 💀

YES! My favorite video is the one where she got kicked out of the old fashioned cooking page on facebook 💀
I also used to watch all those videos from other YouTubers where they pretended to be a mom/kid/dad on Facebook, so maybe that’s why those are extra funny to me. 😂

Back