Have you ever eaten cactus? 🌵

Have you ever tried cactus? 🌵

• Total voters
I've had the cactus fruit red bull, but that's all. That was ok! I'd be interested in trying, definitely.

I think I've had cactus juice mixed in with other things, but I haven't had cactus by itself. I'd be down to try!

I haven't eaten cactus. I would love to drink cactus juice with sokka though.
Fun fact: the cactus juice in Avatar: The Last Airbender is based off of the real world psychedelic cactus peyote. I am not here to advocate drug use of any kind but I just wanted to add the inspiration behind the decision in the series.

No, I need someone to teach me first. I think I saw some in store but I wouldn't know what to do with it.

I've eaten prickly pears and dragon fruit. Does that count :LOL: They part of a cactus
I never had nopales but I wanted to try but too afraid to order it myself at the restaurant cause what if I don't like it.

I've never had cacti.. but it sounds like something I'd want to try at least once! ^_^

I had cactus fruit before but not cactus. So I voted for no. I am interested how it tastes tho!

I have never eaten cactus. Didn't know you could.

I didn't know it could be a food. Well, I guess you learn something new every day. XD

Absolutely not. My dad would boil them when I was a kid and they smelled HORRID. I can still remember that stench.

No, I don't think it's readily available here? I have heard of dishes and foods that use it though. Would like to try it someday!

My boyfriend was just telling me about cactus salad the other day! I didn't know it was a thing until just recently, but it makes sense. I mean, there are lots of other strange sounding foods in the world. Why not use all the parts if as plant that you can, if it's edible? Makes me wonder though - who was the first creature that looked at some things and thought, sure I'll eat that!

Lotus seeds
Tapioca
Sea cucumber
Tripe
Gelatin (hooves)
Escargot

I mean, this is just a short list of the things I can think of of the top of my head, and only ones I find tasty! (And doesn't include any of what I would classify as truly weird foods, like stuff they dare people to eat on quiz/game or reality shows)

Back