• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Help! Digital, Physical or Bundle? :(

Stargirl

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
Before today, I was adamant on getting the Physical game because I was afraid of data corruption, SD card breaking, etc. But after I saw a picture of how beautiful NL looks on a XL screen, I've been rethinking everything. Should I go physical or digital? Get the bundle or not? I have pros and cons of each. Please help me decide!

Physical

Pros: Less chance of town corruption, comes with the pretty boxart and manual, have the box for my collection of AC games
Cons: Can't have AC:NL and Dark Moon in my 3DS at the same time, could lose the card

Digital

Pros: Could get it at midnight and play as soon as I woke up, wouldn't have to worry about losing the gamecard, could have Dark Moon and AC:NL in my 3DS at the same time
Cons: Data could be corrupted, my SD card could break, no boxart or manual for my collection :(

Bundle

Pros: Beautiful pattern, NL looks awesome on it, comes with NL, comes with manual (I think), same pros as digital (except the get it at midnight part)
Cons: Would probably have to sell my purple 3DS, GameStop might not get it in, same cons as digital.

Please input your own opinions here to help me choose! :)

Before today, I was adamant on getting the Physical game because I was afraid of data corruption, SD card breaking, etc. But after I saw a picture of how beautiful NL looks on a XL screen, I've been rethinking everything. Should I go physical or digital? Get the bundle or not? I have pros and cons of each. Please help me decide!

Physical

Pros: Less chance of town corruption, comes with the pretty boxart and manual, have the box for my collection of AC games
Cons: Can't have AC:NL and Dark Moon in my 3DS at the same time, could lose the card

Digital

Pros: Could get it at midnight and play as soon as I woke up, wouldn't have to worry about losing the gamecard, could have Dark Moon and AC:NL in my 3DS at the same time
Cons: Data could be corrupted, my SD card could break, no boxart or manual for my collection :(

Bundle

Pros: Beautiful pattern, NL looks awesome on it, comes with NL, comes with manual (I think), same pros as digital (except the get it at midnight part)
Cons: Would probably have to sell my purple 3DS, GameStop might not get it in, same cons as digital.

I much prefer getting physical copies. I do NOT like the bundle they released, but that's just personal preference. I love my XL and would not go back to the regular 3ds. It's pretty much no contest. XL is better :3

Physical

Digital

Bundle

I was having the same problem too. In the end I thought, well New Leaf will look stunning on an XL, I like the pattern, it will be handy having the game already installed into the system and usually I drop my 3DS accidentally and that happened a lot to my old DS, leaving it with one speaker broken, and the top screen not working, I promised myself to keep it in a VERY secure place, never to be dropped. O_O So in the end I pre-ordered the bundle, but that's just my opinion. Whatever you choose, at least you get New Leaf! :D

Game carts get corrupted too, they can also die. Nothing is infallible.
With the digital version, it's tied to your system so if that gets lost/stolen - it's not covered by Nintendo's warranty so they won't refund your games. If it's broken, you can send the console in for repairs (kinda expensive, but still cheaper than buying a new console) and they'll fix it.

I'm getting the bundle because it'll be my first 3DS and all I really care about is AC and being able to play some of my old DS games. Plus I get cute figurines to go with it. However, I don't really prefer digital over physical or vice versa.

If you can get the XL, get it. Pretty much everything on the XL is an improvement over the original 3DS, especially if you hate glossy systems like I do. I'll be getting my copy digitally just to have it always on the system but i think you should go for the bundle. Just go in and ask or call ahead of time to see if the Gamestop you're going to will have it.

I'd get physical. Going out to buy the game, or having it come to your door is so much more fulfilling than downloading it at home.

I'm getting digital, but only because I'm getting the bundle.

I'd get physical. Going out to buy the game, or having it come to your door is so much more fulfilling than downloading it at home.

I'm getting digital, but only because I'm getting the bundle.

I agree with Chris. I love buying the physical game and cracking it open, reading the manual, etc. It's just very nostalgic. However if you really like how NL looks on the XL (which looks pretty amazing) and you have enough money, I'd get the bundle. That way you have a whole 3DS XL thats themed around Animal Crossing, and you'll be able to play both NL and Dark Moon. ^^
As long as you take care of your 3DS, you shouldn't worry about the digital version of the game.

I'm getting the bundle, but I'm transferring the digital version that comes with it to my brother's 3DS and buying a physical copy for me. So I get the best of both. c:

I'm getting the bundle because I want to upgrade my 3DS and hey, while I'm at it I'll get AC. Digital and physical copies really have the same chances of being corrupted so pick whichever. If you like having the physical cartridge, get it but if you don't mind just having it on your system and another game in the slot, go with the digital.

If you want to upgrade to the 3DSXL like me and don't mind whether you get physical or digital, get the bundle!

And if all else fails, get the bundle and get a physical copy (if you don't mind spending that much)

"Cons: Can't have AC:NL and Dark Moon in my 3DS at the same time, could lose the card" What use does that serve you? switching cartage's is not an inconvenience and there small enough to carry everywhere. "Data could be corrupted" Then just download it off the shop again for free its bound to your account. "my SD card could break" Same as the previous answer just DL it again. With that being said Its up to you. Personally I just like having a physical copy of something but if you don't want to carry extra cartage's and have two games on the go just get the digital copy.

Personal preference is physical. Easy to carry around either way. Plus I already paid off my physical version and have no interest or need in the bundle, as I have the Pikachu XL. So physical for me, but all up to you. :)

Okay thats strange. I had no idea the bundle came with a digital copy and not the physical on the package ... I ordered the bundle and never thought I wasnt going to get a physical copy :( does it come with the manual at least?
Its so weird since when I bought my 3DS Zelda special edition it came with Ocarina of Time in physical copy not digital, and that one was a bundle too so I was expecting the same on NL... bummer.

Okay thats strange. I had no idea the bundle came with a digital copy and not the physical on the package ... I ordered the bundle and never thought I wasnt going to get a physical copy :( does it come with the manual at least?
Its so weird since when I bought my 3DS Zelda special edition it came with Ocarina of Time in physical copy not digital, and that one was a bundle too so I was expecting the same on NL... bummer.

Did you miss the part on the box where it said the game was "Pre-Installed"?
animal-crossing-3ds-xl-bundle-640x391.jpg

I normally always get physical, but I'll be getting digital for Animal Crossing: New Leaf, as Animal Crossing games are something you're meant to play everyday. It makes it very convenient having the game on your 3DS at all times.

i managed to scrap up just barely enough to get the bundle and a physical copy, haha

but if i werent able to get the bundle, id definitely go with physical. it's what i grew up with so digital doesn't really sit well with me yet :v

if you're interested in purchasing the bundle, maybe drop by gamestop (or whatever store you have in your area) and see if it's available for preorder? :0

I normally always get physical, but I'll be getting digital for Animal Crossing: New Leaf, as Animal Crossing games are something you're meant to play everyday. It makes it very convenient having the game on your 3DS at all times.
I tought and would buy the physical copy, then I tought the same thing and decided to go digital immediately. I won't change my mind, it would be really convenient since I have to play at least to water the ****ing hybrids.

I'd buy the physical game and a different XL (mint! :() separately. That's just me, though, because I prefer physical and I dislike the AC design. *shrug*

If you like the design and don't mind having a digital copy, then go for the bundle. NL (and every game) will look stunning on the XL screen. :blush: If you don't want to/can't buy a new 3DS, then I'd suggest buying the physical copy for your collection. If the card isn't inconvenient for you, of course. It all comes down to YOUR needs, wants, and budget. :)

Agreed. I also have the digital copy for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity and it works perfectly fine. I'm going with digital.

After reading a few threads about the physical/digital matter I think its actually useful to have it already loaded on the NL XL, besides a friend of mine is getting the physical copy so it is not like I wont be able to look at the manual or those silly things haha.
Im still going for the bundle!

I pre-ordered the physical copy, and in the end cancelled it and decided to go with the bundle as I love AC and the pattern is cute and I only have a regular 3DS which I will be selling :)

Back