• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Help! Digital, Physical or Bundle? :(

If you're going to get the digital version, just get the bundle. Ask Gamestop if they will be selling it, and go to more than 1 Gamestop. I live in Ireland and I asked if they will have the bundle and they said yes, so they will more than likely have it wherever you live. :p

Not sure if anyone said this yet, but I believe the digital version is also $5 cheaper than the physical version. I'm still getting a physical copy though.

Thanks everyone for their opinions. :) I'm going to try to scrape up enough to get the XL, and if I can't I'll just go with the Physical copy. I still want everyone's opinions, though, since I might change my mind halfway through May. xD It's happened before!

Im definitely getting a digital copy

PROS:
Get to play the game ASAP
Never be without Animal Crossing yet still able to carry around other games
If the SD card breaks you can buy a new one and copy+paste your save data over (assuming you back up on a monthly basis)

CONS:
You don't get a flimsy box with "eco-friendly" holes in it, a manual that's four pages long, and a game cartage you could easily misplace.

I was torn in this decision too. I love the convenience of digital, but I also love having a box to put on a shelf for a collection...

In the end, I decided to get both XD I'll be downloading the digital at midnight, and then heading up to Nintendo World and buying the physical version. I'm probably not even going to open the box.

I'm definitely going for digital so I can always have the game on my 3DS. This is mostly because Rune Factory 4 comes out the month after and that will most likely ALWAYS be in my cartridge slot.

Im having this dilemma as well. Can someone post a good picture of how NL looks on the XL? I think that might convince me. I know alot of the newer games looks really good on the XL but i wana be sure ><

I had a 3ds but traded it for a pink 3ds XL and from my experience I love my XL and bigger screen and wont go back. Animal crossing new leaf was the only reason why I got a 3Ds XL :). I prefer the physical copy and I don't like the design of the Animal Crossing 3Ds XL personally. But there is nothing wrong with digital, also the bundle is 15 dollars cheaper and you get a limited edition Animal Crossing 3ds XL and you seem to like the design. The only thing is you lose the box art and manual which in my opinion isn't all that lol unless you like to have it for your collection or something.

I'd buy the physical game and a different XL (mint! :() separately. That's just me, though, because I prefer physical and I dislike the AC design. *shrug*

If you like the design and don't mind having a digital copy, then go for the bundle. NL (and every game) will look stunning on the XL screen. :blush: If you don't want to/can't buy a new 3DS, then I'd suggest buying the physical copy for your collection. If the card isn't inconvenient for you, of course. It all comes down to YOUR needs, wants, and budget. :)
This is what I'm going to do. I love the AC XL design but I just muchly prefer having a physical copy of the game. At first I figured I'd just stick with my original 3DS, but after seeing so many videos and screenies of the game on an XL.. I gave in. Probably going to get an XL this weekend. I've also seen some really cool skins online, so that'll make up for not having the pretty AC pattern.

Physical. Ive never downloaded anything, and im not about to start. Plus, the box is so cute and i want to add it and the manual to my collection. I like the bundle, but im happy with the blue 3DS i already have, so I'm not going to trade it in. ( I would have to trade in my 3DS to get the bundle, personal reasons :) )

I pre-ordered the physical copy. I generally prefer to have the physical copy so I have a case and instruction manual, etc. to collect. I'm a packrat like that. :)

Digital would be a good choice if you don't mind not having that physical item for your collection, or if you are the type to lose your cartridges. On the topic of data corruption, consider this: If your card breaks/suffers corruption, that's the end. If your digital copy somehow suffers corruption, you can delete and reinstall it.

Every time I give my thoughts I get pulled up on it, but here I go...

I did a lot of Googling before making my decision (I mean a lot, daily for a couple of weeks) and came across some reservations people were having about digital, in fact I asked my own questions here and was met with responses telling me I was silly for doing what I was doing but I'm going to tell you as I'd like to pass on the info I found :).

As mentioned, the digital game is tied to your system so if (though this is unlikely) your 3DS breaks beyond repair, the game and save data is lost :(. Also, if the SD card corrupts (again unlikely), then if the most recent save isn't backed up, then save data is lost too as the game won't match up correctly when you download it again, it'll create new save data for the game on the new SD card :(. Also, Nintendo's eshop system is flawed and almost universally hated across the board (again this is from reading various forums discussing this topic so I'm not alone in my thinking) as it's tied to the system so should you unfortunately lose your console, you can't register a new one and get your games back again :(.

Now, you could also lose your physical cart, it could (again, I stress this is unlikely) break/corrupt etc and you'd still have lost your data. There are pros and cons to each.

Now, having said all of that, I'm getting the bundle because I like it, but also the physical copy. If it turns out that no extra data is saved to the SD card, I'll also download the digital that comes with it and use it as a secondary town that I won't play often, but will be there! So I'm getting all 3 I guess!!! (And sorry for the long post, I wouldn't want you to not have access to anything I've found out, I know I only Googled, but it was a long and hard time and if I can help and save you the bother of doing it, I will :))

I'm getting the bundle <3. I love the idea of having the game always on my system. It means I can get really into one of my other games without having to swap game cartridges everyday to check up on my AC town. It is just so convenient! :)

I bought Fire Emblem digitally and it runs perfectly. The chance of it corrupting is the same as the chance of my cartridge corrupting. People are used to buying physical things and change is scary, but digital is fine haha! ^-^

I've been going back and forth on getting digital vs physical for a while. I haven't pre-ordered it because Gamestop doesn't even open until like 10 a.m. or noon on Sundays and was hoping to get it from Target when they open at 8 a.m.

I use so much other digital stuff but it's all saved on the cloud so even if something happens to my device, I'd get it back. I wish the 3DS did that.

I'll probably just go to Target to get the physical copy, but if they don't have it, I'll just download it. (and back it up a lot!)

I'm getting the digital version. I've never really cared about the box/manual, I've never actually looked at it again after a purchase.
With the digital copy I can have another game card in my 3DS and still play AC and I won't loose the card when I switch it out for another game.
The chance of your SD card corrupting isn't bigger than a game card getting corrupt, though I've heard you have to be careful with micro-SD adapters.

physical for me. itunes has forever turned me off to any kind of digital download. except for apps cause i don't have a choice. lol.

i would definitely get a xl if you can afford it. the big screen is nice and games look great on it :)

Yeah, I would go with the XL if you can! the bigger screen is awesome. I prefer digital copies especially of games that I'll play all the time like Animal Crossing.

Back