• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How Animal Crossing Help(ed/s) me with Depression

tweck

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Mailbox
When I am sad or going through bad times I always turn to games like Animal Crossing, all of the games help, sometimes I juggle several versions at once. I always found it nice how the villagers rely on you, I always get nervous when I forget to talk to someone for a few days. It makes me feel needed and loved, I remember the first time I took a break from the game and how concerned my villagers were for me made me cry more than once.

All that being said, I don't have to be sad to enjoy the game. I am currently trying to find a Wild World copy and a second hand Wii so I can play City Folk. I have a nice NGC emulator so playing Population Growing is currently on the menu for me.

Feel free to share anything, I know this is super personal and all but I just needed to let it out.

Back