0557-5119-2409
Island
Westward
Playful Scenery
Friendly Ghost Plush
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Shadow Kitty Plush
Fancy Kitty Plush
So I want to know how you guys maintain a schedule (if you have one or something similar) so I can improve my productivity, procrastinate less, keep track of what I should be doing, etc.

There are a few I know of already and am thinking about BTW:
  • Posting your plans in this thread
  • Using a to-do list (my friend does that often)
  • Planners (used to rely on them in middle school)
I'm also considering reminders on my phone but IDK how to make it so my app repeats those reminders on a recurring basis.

I honestly don't lmao, I've always been the kind of person to go with the flow and work under pressure. that's the ADHD vibe for you 😂

but in all seriousness, I usually write stuff in my daily planner and set lots of alarms on my phone. my brain is very rebellious and will do almost anything to not work from a schedule, and those two things help me the most, I've found.

I schedule my day in Google Calendar. I don't always follow it down to the minute, but at least it reminds me of what I need to do. If you have the app, Google Calendar sends automated reminders to your phone 10 minutes before anything you've scheduled is supposed to start.

I'm not the best to ask for advice on this as I basically just keep a memorized list of things I need to accomplish in my head every day. Because of this, however, I never end up procrastinating taking care of important tasks or work. I get the feeling if I started putting all of these things into a journal or some app it'd make me feel very overwhelmed, but that's just me. 😅

I try to aim for a daily "rhythm" over a routine—I've found that trying to keep a strict schedule causes me an unhealthy level of stress, and it's a lot better for me to keep things as flexible as I can. Some things have to be done at specific times, of course, and there's no getting around that, but for what I can control, I try to be loose about. Rather than doing everything at exact times, timeframes like "right after getting up", "in the morning", or "somewhere between late-afternoon and before bed" work the best for me! For things like daily chores, even something as loose "anytime, every Wednesday" is enough for me to keep up with it.

I set events in my phone's Calendar app to keep track of a lot of things, which I love because they can be recurring (and I can set how often they recur, which is veryyyy useful for things I do once every two weeks, because I will absolutely forget whether or not I did it last week), and I can decide when and how often it reminds me.

Another thing I've done, as someone who's struggled a lot with anxiety/depression and burnout, is that I add things to my schedule slowly, prioritized based on importance, and give myself enough time to get used to it before adding in anything else. As long as keeping up with the new things feels like a struggle, I don't add anything. When it becomes a habit and I'm used to it, that's when I take on the next thing(s). Slowly increasing the frequency that I do something also helps; like starting out with doing something every other day, and then working towards making it a daily habit.

Back