• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

How do YOU pronounce Beau?

How do YOU say Beau's name?

• I say "bow", which rhymes with "go"!

Votes: 145 67.8%
  • I say "byew", like in beautiful!

Votes: 61 28.5%
  • Other! (comment)

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I forgot there is multiple pronunciations of "bow". Whoops. But yeah, it's like the ribbon kind. <xD

I voted for "bow", but I agree that "bo" is more accurate to what I say (and what I think is the intended way).

I can just imagine talking to an English speaking Animal Crossing fan who's talking about "Bee-you" - I would never guess that they could mean "Beau"... but it's really cute, I like it as a nickname :)

Anyway, Beau is named Martin in my game since it's in German. Hehe.

When I was in Middle School we read a book for an assignment and the young woman in the story would refer to her boyfriend as her beau. The teacher told us it was pronounced bow and not Be-you. So I have always pronounced Beau as bow.

My grandparents had a dog named Beau, (He died last year :() so I always knew how to say it. Plus I have all the same classes as a guy named Beau.

This probably doesn't make any sense to you English-speakers but "b??" is how I pronounce it. It should be close to how beau is pronounced in French and how you guys pronounce bow.

Last edited:
I've always pronounced it as bee-u. I only realized it was supposed to be pronounced like bow until recently but it's not really sticking

For the longest time I've pronounced it "byew" but I have a kid in one of my classes who has the name Beau so I'm beginning to pronounce it "bow" because that's how it's spose to be.

Oh, the poll is already closed...
Anyway, since Beau is a french name, I pronounce it as french too. That sounds more or less like "bu".

I've always pronounced it as "bow". Honestly, I thought everyone did. I haven't had a thought about pronouncing it any other way than that, until I saw this thread. And it seems it's actually a few that pronounces it "byew", hah. :p

I use to say Bee-you
but when I realised it was bow i started to call him that but i still have the habit of calling him bee-you ^^;

Back