How do you unlock the feature to design Villager Homes on your island?

VanitasFan26

I'm just a ghost.
Bells
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
I've been asking about this and I haven't gotten a clear answer. I know you can invite your villagers to the archipelago using Souvenir Cookies, but I still am stumped about unlocking the feature to design villager homes on your island. I've been seeing many people doing it, yet I am struggling to figure it out. Please help!

I don't have the DLC, but have you tried just going to Nook after designing a few houses fully in HHP and seeing what the options are?

I’m unsure of the correct number of vaction houses you will to decorate but on the trailer it said this feature will be unlocked after a certain amount of vacation homes decorated.

I’m unsure of the correct number of vaction houses you will to decorate but on the trailer it said this feature will be unlocked after a certain amount of vacation homes decorated.
Well so far I've designed up to like 10 homes and Still no mention about designing homes on the island.

Well so far I've designed up to like 10 homes and Still no mention about designing homes on the island.

Sounds like you need to make your island villagers have a vacation home first (inside/outside) by giving them the chocolate. After talking to Nook should unlock the option.

But the villager you want to redecorate needs to have a finished vacation home first.

Sounds like you need to make your island villagers have a vacation home first (inside/outside) by giving them the chocolate. After talking to Nook should unlock the option.

But the villager you want to redecorate needs to have a finished vacation home first.
So all I have to do is to give them a Souvenir Cookie to invite them and then maybe it will trigger. I am not sure if its just one home I have to do or more. But I'll give it a try.

So all I have to do is to give them a Souvenir Cookie to invite them and then maybe it will trigger. I am not sure if its just one home I have to do or more. But I'll give it a try.

Give them a chocolate, make sure you are wearing your work clothes on Paradise Planning, talk to them and they'll ask for a vacation home.

I'm unsure if multiple villagers need to be done or not or if one unlocks the option for all, but that is how it should unlock the option for you.

Give them a chocolate, make sure you are wearing your work clothes on Paradise Planning, talk to them and they'll ask for a vacation home.

I'm unsure if multiple villagers need to be done or not or if one unlocks the option for all, but that is how it should unlock the option for you.
Alright I'll give it a go and I'll keep updated if anything happens.

Okay an update. I gave one of my villagers by the name Kitty a Souvenir Cookie and she was invited to the archipelago. I did the same usual thing where she wanted a design for her vacation home. I finished it got 12,000 Poki from Lottie and she mentioned how I was going to work with the Happy Home Academy. I am not sure what that means. I went back to my island and was shocked to see Kitty on my island. I talked her and she acts like nothing ever happen (I swear this game must have clones of villagers).

I went to go talk to Tom Nook and he still hasn't said anything about customizing villager homes. I am getting so frustrated with this.

Okay an update. I gave one of my villagers by the name Kitty a Souvenir Cookie and she was invited to the archipelago. I did the same usual thing where she wanted a design for her vacation home. I finished it got 12,000 Poki from Lottie and she mentioned how I was going to work with the Happy Home Academy. I am not sure what that means. I went back to my island and was shocked to see Kitty on my island. I talked her and she acts like nothing ever happen (I swear this game must have clones of villagers).

I went to go talk to Tom Nook and he still hasn't said anything about customizing villager homes. I am getting so frustrated with this.
Ok so villagers aren't moving from your island, you're just making a vacation home for them, they'll still be on your island.

Perhaps more villagers need to be done or a day in your main game needs to pass. Cause it sounds like it is working with the mention of HHA.

Ok so villagers aren't moving from your island, you're just making a vacation home for them, they'll still be on your island.

Perhaps more villagers need to be done or a day in your main game needs to pass. Cause it sounds like it is working with the mention of HHA.
I really don't get this game. Like why would they have it where your villager is at the archipelago and then have them still at your home island? That is such an Animal Crossing Logic and it hurts my mind Also maybe I need to invite more villagers from my island using Souvenir Cookies which is going to take time because I have villagers that have low friendships and it may take a while for that. Ugh If only there was some way to tell when I'm ready to design villager homes like a mention from Lottie or Tom Nook himself.

I don't have the DLC yet either, a post on reddit said it unlocks after designing 30-40 homes in HHP.

Aw man, that stinks.
I guess I'll just throw a chair and a couple of other things together and call it a day. Because I really want to change some of those houses on my island.

I know that for designing, you should access Happy Home Paradise, and there are two options to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back