How do you unlock the feature to design Villager Homes on your island?

I know that for designing, you should access Happy Home Paradise, and there are two options to do that.
This is an extremely old post (from around when the DLC was released, looks like), but I'll still clarify:

The OP asked how to remodel homes on their own island, not just build vacation homes. This is a feature that is unlocked after you complete the "main story" in the DLC, which IIRC, takes about 30 homes designed, as well as all the public buildings done at least once (you don't need to add more rooms to the hospital or do the gallery on the cafe).

You will need to "complete" the main story of the DLC which you do after designing 30 vacation homes. After that you should be able to go to Tom Nook and he will give you the option to redo your villager houses. Hope this helps. :)

EDIT: Just realised this is a really old post lols. But oh well, hope it helps someone.

This is an extremely old post (from around when the DLC was released, looks like), but I'll still clarify:

The OP asked how to remodel homes on their own island, not just build vacation homes. This is a feature that is unlocked after you complete the "main story" in the DLC, which IIRC, takes about 30 homes designed, as well as all the public buildings done at least once (you don't need to add more rooms to the hospital or do the gallery on the cafe).

You will need to "complete" the main story of the DLC which you do after designing 30 vacation homes. After that you should be able to go to Tom Nook and he will give you the option to redo your villager houses. Hope this helps. :)

EDIT: Just realised this is a really old post lols. But oh well, hope it helps someone.
These posts are very helpful to me. Thanks!

To me as well! I just restarted today and of course I haven't unlocked the DLC yet but can't wait to remodel my villagers' houses!

Back