• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How early do you feel the Halloween spirit?

How early do you feel the Halloween spirit?

• July

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • August

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • September

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • October

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • October 31

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • NEVER

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Every day is spooky day!

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters
Probably around the 20th of October? I dont know. Definitely not yet though lol. We don’t really make a big deal of Halloween

the only correct answer is every day is spooky day!!!!
tumblr_pejc4q8tZ71wzypxlo1_500.gifv

Probably October. I can understand September, but anything before that is just way too early imo.

I can start to feel halloween-y in September or whenever Spirit Halloween pops up. All the good costumes sell out fast

I’m lowkey already feeling it. I’ll really start feeling it in September, then as soon as October starts the decorations go up and it’s month long as far as I’m concerned

I would say September is when I start to get in the spooky spirit. 🎃 Probably in the later half of September when the weather starts cooling down more.

I always feel the Halloween spirit :ROFLMAO: I feel it the most when July starts with all the décor in the stores !!!

I am literally going Halloween shopping today haha

I'm not a fan of holidays in general, so I'm not one to get into the spirit at all. Even on the actual day, holidays are just like any other day for me. That's why I find it easy to work holidays, as I have no other plans. And if a job is willing to pay more on a day that just happens to be a holiday, that's great.

Some of my friends wanted to start a tradition of "Halfway to Halloween" parties, which is in April, so right around Walpurgis Night

Clearly I fall into the 'Every day is spooky day!' (or at least every day is an excuse to dress up day!) camp

Probably October. I used to love Halloween when I was a kid, but these days I don't really do anything to celebrate it.

It’s always based on the weather. Until it cools down and the leaves fall from the trees it doesn’t feel like “spooky season” yet to me. Where I’m at that starts around usually the last week of September through the second week of October. Honestly I wish that time of year was longer since it’s tied for my favorite part of the year with early Winter.

Throughout the year I'm periodically struck with a "man I wish it were spooky season" mood (especially around February for some reason... FeBOOary am I right), but I can't truly get into the spirit until it starts feeling like autumn. Unfortunately for me, where I live warm weather sometimes continues past Halloween and into November 😭 Weather-permitting though, I still try to keep it contained until October 1st... but then it's hard to not get excited for October 1st itself, so maybe more like late September LOL

I am always in the mood for some Halloween spirit! 👻🎃 Sometimes I wish I could do a mini-hibernation and miss September 😅

I start thinking about it as soon as the 4th of July is over but really get into the spirit by like late September. Although I felt a chill in the air one afternoon last week and it made me really excited 🍂

It should come as no surprise that every day is spooky day for me. I carry the Halloween spirit with me always. Heck, I just bought some jack-o'-lantern Christmas tree bulbs the other day.

That said, there is definitely a special spooky season with its own distinct vibe. It's strongest in October, obviously, but I'd say it can start for me in September. I like to get a head start on my celebrations in September, if I can, because October always goes by so fast once it's here and I always want to get the most out of the spooky season. I think I'd say I feel that vibe from sometime in September up until about November 3rd since I like to, in my own way, keep Halloween going just that bit longer on November 1st and 2nd with the Day of the Dead.

Back