• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How early do you feel the Halloween spirit?

How early do you feel the Halloween spirit?

• July

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • August

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • September

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • October

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • October 31

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • NEVER

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Every day is spooky day!

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters
i start to feel the halloween spirit sometime during mid to late september! i keep seeing halloween items/decor already available in stores and it gives me whiplash everytime.

It's really mood dependent for me. If things aren't going well for me then I'm not going to feel any spirit even on the day of Halloween. Yet if I feel good then I might start feeling it as early as October 1st.

I got to spend the month of October with my baby cousin last year and it elevated my mood a lot. I even took him Trick-Or Treating and got candy myself too. Yet a couple months later I wasn't feeling Christmas at all.

Spooky season is like a body clock for me. As soon as it hits October 1st, I’m already in the Halloween mood regardless of anything around me.

Usually mid September for me, I like to keep my early september as my grieving period for summer 🤣

Halloween starts around late September for me. I rarely decorate but I do watch a ton of Halloween/ horror movies leading up to it. I will just put on a movie while im getting ready or when im js chilling. Along with the holiday season in November I start watching those types of movies. That’s how i usually get into sprit! Reading/ listening to books can also get me into the mood

I don't, I stopped celebrating it a couple years ago since it wasn't really that fun or celebratory for me anymore. The most I'll do is buy candy and watch a couple of movies.

I chose never because I don't really feel that since the 90s. Probably because there is less of that cutesy paper decor. I don't like gore and decay.

But I love autumn and the autumn feels!!
🎃🌾🍂 🍁🍂 🌾🎃
These feelings start for me in August for some reason. It ends in November.

Every year, my brain tries to be reasonable. It tries to practice self-restraint and hold off until at least the first day of fall…

But it can’t. August is practically September which is practically October which means INJECT THOSE PUMPKINS STRAIGHT INTO MY VEINS 🎃
THIS EXACTLY!!!!! I’ve been gathering materials and wreath stuff for my next 2 wreath teaching classes and omg, I’m just ITCHING to decorate!!!!

Here’s my mock-up sneak peek
IMG_6593.jpeg

Always in September.

When I feel that first cool breeze coming in where I live and it lingers, that's how I know the Spooky/Pumpkin Spice Season has begun!

Usually around September I start bugging my family about what costumes they’re going to wear that year. i probably won’t this year.

I'm not really a fan of Halloween. I do like watching a few Halloween themed shows on the actual day. I prefer when it's over as I adore Guy Fawkes Night and then of course, the run up to Christmas!

For me, the Halloween vibes start at the same time as the autumn vibes, which is in September. I find myself wanting to read and watch things with a spookier vibes, maybe some mystery books with a fall setting as well

Unlike others halloween isn't really my favorite holiday, I like it but it's just not my thing anymore as I have gotten older, I definitely enjoy the spooky autumn vibes but I really am only excited for Halloween during October, but when it comes to Thanksgiving and Christmas I'm always very hyped when it turns autumn and winter begins to creep up

For me, typically in September when stores start bringing out the Halloween inventory on full display, such as spooky decor, candy, toys, masks, scarecrows, etc.

As soon as I walk into the nearest CVS and see the Halloween stock on the shelves, I feel the spooky season vibes and suddenly I want to go to the market and buy a pumpkin or two lol though I never really do. I don't know the first thing about making Jack o' lanterns 🎃🕯️ I would want a couple of faux pumpkins and even a hay bale just for decoration. I just really love fall decor in general 🍁🍂🌾🦃🍄🥕

beginning of september. the closing ceremony for the fair reaffirmed my already awakened halloween spirit. i don't really do anything in particular to celebrate it but it's the vibes that count

Back