How early do you plan your Halloween costumes?

How early do you start planning your Halloween costume?

• I throw something together that day!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Shopping the night before at the local Halloween store

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A week or two ahead

• Beginning of October is beginning of spooky season!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Takes a few months to plan and execute!

• The day after the previous Halloween

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everyday is Halloween!

• Total voters

OswinOswald

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
1920-3285-9320
Blue Dragon Foraged Mushroom
Pink Heavy Foraged Mushroom
Oblivia's Ugly Foraged MSPaintshroom
Brown Heavy Foraged Mushroom
Hedgehog Foraged Mushroom
Shiny Fertile Foraged Mushroom
Puffobello Foraged Mushroom
Shiny Morellul Foraged Mushroom
Frilled Mantis Perch Foraged Mushroom
Paras Foraged Mushroom
Halloween in a mixed holiday for me because I cosplay. And costumes I now find acceptable for that hobby don’t always overlap with what I’d want to wear for Halloween. But of course, since my friends know I have this hobby, they are expecting something impressive for Halloween, and some friends also try to ask me to help them with their costumes. (But often at the last minute!!)

In costuming (and probably a lot of other things in life!) we say - you can have a costume that is quick, cheap, or good quality. But you can only pick 2!

So how early do you start planning? How elaborate (or not) do you make your costumes? What vibe do you go for, like do you prefer to do something generally recognizable, or some sort of in-joke (like dressing up like a classmate or a coworker that has a distinctive style). Are you wearing your costumes mostly for trick or treating activities, at school/work, at parties, or other places?

I don't really celebrate Halloween anymore, however when I did in the past I'd usually plan months in advance.

We don't really celebrate Halloween costume parties where I live. If I was going to a party I guess I would get one in October or maybe in September. I probably don't have the skill to make my own so I would buy one if it was available.

I don't really celebrate Halloween apart from watching a few Halloween television specials. If I did, I think I would start on October 1!

I love Halloween. It’s my fav!!!! There have been years that we have planned a long time before to work on our costumes and there have been years where I haven’t been able to do hardly anything at all. We are planning to dress up this year because we’re going to Halloween party, but I’m not sure what yet.

I’m very last minute lol only because I don’t even know if there would be anywhere to wear a costume to. If nothings going on and I have no halloween parties to attend then I’d most likely just be chilling at home watching scary movies and passing out candy therefore would not be in need of a costume.

I would say that Halloween isn't celebrated where I’m from but I think that’s slowly starting to change, at least from what I’ve seen on the Internet. So I’m not planning any activities, but if I were it would be a few days before, or even the day before.

Halloween isn't really big or popular where I'm from and only really young children dress up to go trick or treating so I haven't had to think of a Halloween costume in ... Two decades? ^^' I would love if it was more popular here, its so nice to see when people get creative!

Halloween is not really a thing here. I think I had costumes as a kid? But it's not usual for adults to buy one each year.

For me everyday is Halloween :) My house is full of coffins, skulls, ravens etc.

I love Halloween and I always plan my costumes a year in advanced cause most of the time I sew them :)

Back