Do you still trick-or-treat?

• Yes

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 40 83.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
i think i’ve only been once maybe when i was young, Halloween has got a bit more popular around me as i’ve got older but it wasn’t a really big thing when i was growing up. i do usually buy some small sweets/chocolates in case anyone comes round but that’s honestly just so i can have an excuse to eat them afterwards 😂

I don’t go anymore. But you have to admit that the practice of encouraging small children to walk up to complete strangers and taking candy from them is hilariously ironic.

no more trick or treating for me. I feel like anything past 16-17 years old is definitely too old to be trick or treating unless of course you are accompanying a younger sibling or your kids, but even then I don’t think you should be going to the door asking for candy with them lol.

trick or treating isn't really a thing here so i've long since retired from that. i think the last time i did was when i was like, maybe 8? maybe it depends where you live but i'd say the more high-end subdivisions might be doing some trick or treating or even just house decorating.... but definitely not where i live lol. i know the malls host trick-or-treating events for the kids but that's pretty much it. trick or treating isn't really catered to teenagers beyond here.
we still have some small halloween parties here and there but it's genuinely just not a thing. people here are more into the christmas season so caroling + putting up christmas decors is the norms these -ber seasons.

i never ever trick or treated when i was younger, and i've become a bit too old for it now lol. i usually just buy my own candy now and eat the one my siblings bring back home.

I find it interesting that so many people say they just buy their own candy now and that’s the same or better than trick or treating when they were younger. Like… idk for me it was never just “oh I get candy” and that’s the end of it. It was the whole night that just felt like nothing else, the fun of dressing up, the freedom of running around, and yes the giant candy haul was part of the fun but in the end I never even wound up eating it all. The actual experience itself was the fun part, and while I’m not gonna go out now as an adult and try to do it again, just going to the store and buying myself a bag of candy is absolutely not even a comparable experience.

No, I'm too old. But I do still dress up (usually a cat, but I might change it this year) and hand out treats in small goodie bags.

I haven’t gone trick or treating ever. I always wanted to as a child and every year I do wish it was something I’d got to experience at least once. 🥲

I was never allowed to trick or treat when I was younger because my dad thought it was like begging lol

I'm 22, turning 23 next year, so I fear my trick-or-treating days are long over. 😪 The last time I went trick-or-treating was when I was 15 iirc. I was insecure about it because I was with my parents instead of a group of friends, but nobody was outwardly mean about it; though I did get a couple of weird looks LOL. I still got candy, though.

I honestly miss trick-or-treating like a mf. I really took it for granted growing up. I've seen people in their early 20's go trick-or-treating, but I'm way too anxious to do it myself, especially since I still don't have a group of friends to do it with. Though I'm 5'2, so I feel like if I wore a costume that covered my body and my face, I could maybe pass for a teen... Maybe.... LOL

I live in an apartment and most of my neighbours are awful, so I don't even get to hand out candy!! I just get to buy discounted Halloween candy for myself now lol
I'm also 22! I hadn't gone in a really long time, but I went last year by myself. and I had a great time. I look a little younger so I think everyone in my neighborhood thought I was an older teenager but nobody like, denied me candy or anything. One older lady told me she thought it was nice I was still trick or treating.

If you live near an an area that still does it, even if you only go to 1-2 houses or complexes, its still really fun to go by yourself, and it kind of brings back the magic especially if you're like me and feel a little lost and wayward in your early 20s like I am. I'm sorry to hear your anxious though, but if it helps at all I doubt anyone would say anything or be rude at your age.

hell yeah I do

In all seriousness, our closest neighborhood has been very accepting of older teenagers/young adults who still want to do it.

My older cousin asked somebody at the door how they felt about him being up there. (He was 26). Her response was "There are way worse things you guys could be doing tonight than reliving your childhood for a few hours".

That seems to be the overall attitude of the place we live. Admittedly, if we lived anywhere else, I probably wouldn't go anymore.

I don't really do anything for Halloween myself, but I do work at a library, and we are actually a trick or treat location! So every year I try to find a cape or a costume from a previous event to wear to work that day (about half the employees dress up) so that it's more fun for the kids who come to the library and get candy from all the desks. And also more fun for staff! We need a little excitement.

Back