• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How legit do you think this is?

Yellowfin

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/vgm/3853472832.html

The ad goes on to say: "Animal Crossing: New Leaf available NOW....

Multivest Video Games 305-940-1611 11am-8pm...* Friend us on Facebook to be informed on all early release and game specials:https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.jeanbart"

Clicking on the facebook link brings up some sketchy person. Googling Multivest Video Games brings up a little shop in Miami. The picture they posted in the ad is "New Frontier" or something but it says New Leaf.

Should I give them a call tomorrow and see if they have the game? It's about a 30 mile drive for me. Not sure. But boy would I love to just play it all day Saturday... What to do?!

...I'd say just wait 'till Sunday. It's so close anyways, what's one day more of waiting going to do?

I'd also say that's illegitimate. Things like this always are. Probably just a way to get more likes and traffic at their shops.

To be honest I doubt it's validity. It's super risky for small stores to break street date, especially advertising it. If he got caught he'd be in for some hefty fines, and by the look of his post, he doesn't have that much to spare! It'd probably ruin his store forever.

Of course it's a scam. They don't even have the title of the game correct.

EHhhhhhhhhHH no. That seems extremely sketchy. I would just wait until the official release.

C'mon they have the title of the "box art" labeled "Animal Crossing: New Frontier".

um no...just wait for the release date of the game. That ad made me laugh.

Of course you shouldn't go. Don't be so desperate to play a game that takes a long time to complete anyway. Just be patient.

The old adage - if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

If you did go there, he'd tell you he's just run out, and try and get you to buy something else. Not safe at all. Either that or it's grey imported Japanese versions.

There's no point in trying to get stuff early, especially PC games. Some early beta that's been smuggled out, riddled with viruses and peddled to people too excited to care? No thanks.

One of the great lessons of life. Stuff happens when it happens. Get used to it. Christmas that comes early is not Christmas.

Not that because ACNL hasn't been released yet, but that web page is so poorly made it's very hard to actually believe it. All in all, it looks super sketchy!

The last time I saw that box art was when walmart put it up for their animal crossing 3ds listing last year, and before that when it was posted on the acc.

Not very legit would be my answer, and thats not just because of the box art :p

I remember that photoshopped cover that someone came out with when there was no certain name for the new game lmao

Only reason I partly believed it is because I have bought many things in the past on Craigslist where the description was wayyy off from it was and I ended up with great deals. People down by me are clueless. Seriously. They don't know what they have. I just bought a bimini top for my 18 foot boat for $40 when it retails for $450 because the lady didn't know what she had.

I posted it more for the lolz. Crazy, the ads people put out!

Back