• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How long will you play ACJO?

Well the game is going to come out in NA around the time I graduate, so I'm hoping to take it to college, it will be one of my only games coming, so I'll be playing it a lot :)

A long time hopefully. I'm pretty excited for it but I didn't play City Folk that much.. wasn't portable and my wifi never worked for me. :/

Well the game is going to come out in NA around the time I graduate, so I'm hoping to take it to college, it will be one of my only games coming, so I'll be playing it a lot :)
Same here! I hope my college friends don't judge me hehe.. I'll probably just convert them >:)
But in all reality, I'll probably be too busy to play it in college ;_; So this summer will be THE animal crossing summer for me!! After that I'll play as much as I can but it probably won't be as often as I'd like :/

Probably the same amount of time I've been playing Wild World, which is about 7 years. The first 2 years will probably be an almost every day sort of thing, and after that, I'll probably play for a few weeks out of any given month. Heck, I might not ever stop if this one is as good as I think it'll be.

I only stopped playing Wild World last year (because ACJO was starting to look super fine~) so this game could certainly last way longer! I probably won't buy anymore game consoles so, for me, this Animal Crossing will be the one to rule them all. It has portability, TONS of content, and it's on good system. I've been distracted from video games lately with college, and it'll only get worse when I find a job, but I know ACJO will be a welcome break from the stress for many years to come!

Probably a lot longer than the older games, I never got Wild World but being able to take it around with you (and with Streetpass you would be crazy not to take your 3DS EVERYWHERE with you) is a huge + for me, will be playing it for a LONG time!

I hope to be playing a long time! But who's to say! I'm sure if I put it down for a bit in the future, I'll try to get back into it again! It's one of those games that maybe some people can play everyday..some can't..but it's for sure that it's a going to be a game people will go back to! I just hope they don't throw another AC for the WiiU anytime soon at us. Want to get the whole feel for the one for the 3ds before the home console one.

I'd like to say I'll play longer than the other games (1-2 years). As long as ideas keep popping up and the community stays fairly active I'll be playing AC3DS for a long time.

I think I'll be pretty active as well :D This game looks so fun, and full of stuff to do. Even if it is just in small bursts I can see myself playing this for a good 2-3+ years. Hell, I still play the gamecube from time to time and that doesn't have nearly as much depth as the 3DS game.

I think I'll be pretty active as well :D This game looks so fun, and full of stuff to do. Even if it is just in small bursts I can see myself playing this for a good 2-3+ years. Hell, I still play the gamecube from time to time and that doesn't have nearly as much depth as the 3DS game.

This is basically how I've about the games! I even have my GameCube right beside me on my desk specifically so I can play through Population Growing. I've never been able to play an Animal Crossing game for a month straight since I was a kid. Wild World failed to keep my attention like the GameCube title does. Since I started a new town in that game I've been playing every day! There's just so much in the new game for me to do that I know it'll be able to hold my attention for quite some time. I have a feeling this game is going to feel just like the first game did when I was a kid.

I don't get it, really. A lot of threads are kind of pointless, but at least their topic is discussable. This one is not.

So what is the purpose of this thread if not only to gain bells?

No one can say how long he or she will play AC:JO! It is not even released yet. No one played it and so no one can say how long the fun will last or if it will be fun at all. Really...

I hate to carry on a particularly controversial subject, but I think the main reason why people create threads like this is for the sentimental route of thought that people get when they think about the new game. Animal Crossing is a fairly nostalgic game for the majority of the community, thus it's not uncommon to see a lot of members just sitting down and thinking about all the "good ol' days" they had when they played previous games, and all of the new possibilities that they might have when they experience the new and fresh sequel. Thus, doing so, it's no wonder that people want to strike conversation out of every single new minor feature they see, because they know that they're going to fantasize about it days before release.

For the sake of informational organization, however, I do agree that it is best to simply place all of these topics mindfully into the Information Thread, or a possible Speculation thread if necessarily. Better that way rather than to spread all of it into these thousands of useless topics.

Plus, and I really don't mean this as a way to possibly offend people, most of the people here I suspect don't necessarily know the way a proper forum is operated, and think that they can just spam threads about the oh-so-important-new-fortune cookie that was hinted at in the latest Tweet update, or, in this particular case, something that consists of the same substance that could be conversed about in the General Animal Crossing subforum (in theory, even though this new Animal Crossing sequel has a lot of new features, it's still a sequel, and is still the same thing). I suspect that most of the people here managed to come across this as a source of information and discussion about Animal Crossing, rather than a proper forum. Again, this is only a suspicion, so I wouldn't know for sure.

While I can agree that the constant new string of threads is annoying, I would like to point out that you yourself aren't contributing to the conversation, which makes your entire comment pointless. If you don't like a topic, don't visit it, and it will die.

This a rather dangerous way of thinking. Simply because he's replying to the topic doesn't mean he's supporting it in any way. And, to think that because his point, even if it is true, doesn't have any point just because it's not necessarily related to the assumed topic is also an ignorant way of thinking. If we didn't like a particular thread or outburst in threads, we'd stand up to it and tell people that such a way of posting is redundant. Just letting it be won't do anything.

So, yeah, that's my totally not pseudo-intellectual argument.

Yeah, I think we all will be playing for a long time. Hopefully the Wi-Fi community here will stay strong for a long time and there will always be people to play with.

Ummm... probably forever. LOL No but seriously, since there's a lot of new stuff and this looks like it will be the best AC yet (imho) - I'm guessing years :) even till the next one comes out!! :p

Can these threads please stop existing before the game comes out? Please?

Anyway, longer than City Folk, that's for sure. Longer than ACGC and ACWW? Possibly.

I hate to carry on a particularly controversial subject, but I think the main reason why people create threads like this is for the sentimental route of thought that people get when they think about the new game. Animal Crossing is a fairly nostalgic game for the majority of the community, thus it's not uncommon to see a lot of members just sitting down and thinking about all the "good ol' days" they had when they played previous games, and all of the new possibilities that they might have when they experience the new and fresh sequel. Thus, doing so, it's no wonder that people want to strike conversation out of every single new minor feature they see, because they know that they're going to fantasize about it days before release.

For the sake of informational organization, however, I do agree that it is best to simply place all of these topics mindfully into the Information Thread, or a possible Speculation thread if necessarily. Better that way rather than to spread all of it into these thousands of useless topics.

Plus, and I really don't mean this as a way to possibly offend people, most of the people here I suspect don't necessarily know the way a proper forum is operated, and think that they can just spam threads about the oh-so-important-new-fortune cookie that was hinted at in the latest Tweet update, or, in this particular case, something that consists of the same substance that could be conversed about in the General Animal Crossing subforum (in theory, even though this new Animal Crossing sequel has a lot of new features, it's still a sequel, and is still the same thing). I suspect that most of the people here managed to come across this as a source of information and discussion about Animal Crossing, rather than a proper forum. Again, this is only a suspicion, so I wouldn't know for sure.

This a rather dangerous way of thinking. Simply because he's replying to the topic doesn't mean he's supporting it in any way. And, to think that because his point, even if it is true, doesn't have any point just because it's not necessarily related to the assumed topic is also an ignorant way of thinking. If we didn't like a particular thread or outburst in threads, we'd stand up to it and tell people that such a way of posting is redundant. Just letting it be won't do anything.

So, yeah, that's my totally not pseudo-intellectual argument.
Umm, Juicebox is kinda right. You arent contributing ANYTHING. You're just contributing long messages that have nothing to do with AC. You should really stop arguing, it really doesnt relate to ANYTHING AT ALL

On Topic:
I will play for hours on end! Hopefully it will be released on the weekend so I can play my A, B, X, and Y buttons out of their spots

Back