• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How many Maps?

I've heard that one thing to look for in a map is the distance between R-Parkers (?) and the dock. Anyone has another tip?
You don't have to follow this thing. It's for guys that likes to do repetitive tasks a lot and get bored of games quickly :p

How much dialogue is there before you can choose your map?

Not much, It's basically the 'what's your name' and 'Where are you going' questions...

The main reason I wanted the know the map layouts is so I can plan ahead where my house will be. I want it not near any villagers, by the enterance to the beach, and not too far away from the shops lol.. Call me picky...

Well while the map layouts are all shown in that one collection of images, I'm pretty sure building placement is completely randomized so there will be a lot of different layouts beyond those maps themselves.

If I were to get too picky It'd take a week for me to start my town. xD I'm going to wing it and pick the 'best' town from the first four maps I get. And fruit, grass pattern, and town hall/train station colors will be what I get! No resetting for me!

Well while the map layouts are all shown in that one collection of images, I'm pretty sure building placement is completely randomized so there will be a lot of different layouts beyond those maps themselves.

If I were to get too picky It'd take a week for me to start my town. xD I'm going to wing it and pick the 'best' town from the first four maps I get. And fruit, grass pattern, and town hall/train station colors will be what I get! No resetting for me!

Yeah, I doubt when I get my first four maps I'll be as picky.. Who knows, I might get a good one straight away!
I don't care about fruit, I do like cherries or apples though, but if I get a pink or yellow train station/town hall, I'd consider restarting.. I would hate having to see them all the time..

I haven't really seen the grass though, I don't think I'd care too much.

What does this show exactly? It's looks so confusing, and the Japanese doesn't help lmao! :p
That's all the possible river shapes/locations. The Japanese just indicates North, South, West, and East. Somewhere on the internet there is an English version but I couldn't find it.

That's all the possible river shapes/locations. The Japanese just indicates North, South, West, and East. Somewhere on the internet there is an English version but I couldn't find it.

Well if you ever stumble across it, make sure you send it our way :D

Atleast it aint like ACWW where you get 1 map after 5-10 minutes then having to reset again

Atleast it aint like ACWW where you get 1 map after 5-10 minutes then having to reset again

No joke. -.-

---

Sorry if this is considered OT, but I keep hearing about how everyone wants a left-side beach and no private beach. Why does this matter? Also, can I the "private" beaches on the picture Jake posted?

I don't care about building placement as long as I like the look of it. I'll reset for fruit (oranges or cherries, please!), town hall color, town tree placement, and MAYBE grass. I didn't care about the grass until I saw the star-shaped snow. *eye twitch* Still, how picky should I be if I find my ~perfect~ map? It's frustrating! :p

No joke. -.-

---

Sorry if this is considered OT, but I keep hearing about how everyone wants a left-side beach and no private beach. Why does this matter? Also, can I the "private" beaches on the picture Jake posted?

I don't care about building placement as long as I like the look of it. I'll reset for fruit (oranges or cherries, please!), town hall color, town tree placement, and MAYBE grass. I didn't care about the grass until I saw the star-shaped snow. *eye twitch* Still, how picky should I be if I find my ~perfect~ map? It's frustrating! :p

You're in a very similar boat to me!

Got to agree about ACWW, but I never bothered to reset that one for that reason exactly ;]

You don't have to follow this thing. It's for guys that likes to do repetitive tasks a lot and get bored of games quickly :p

It's also for people who enjoy fishing and don't want to run back and forth across the map just to clear out their inventory. -__-

No joke. -.-

---

I feel your pain!

I like 66 out of 116 of the river layouts (after looking at 'em again), left and right beaches, so that's good. However, I will only accept apples. >.< I want my shop by the docks, and I hate the green town hall/train station interiors. Oh, and triangle grass/star snow is too much like my old towns. D:

Everything else I'm not too picky about. I just want it to look neat.

Last edited:
I only care about where my house is going to be.
I want my house to be close to a beach ramp, the river waterfall and the cliff.

I want to have a private and cozy spot.

And I hate it when villagers move in front of your house or right next to your garden or something.

I only care about where my house is going to be.
I want my house to be close to a beach ramp, the river waterfall and the cliff.

I want to have a private and cozy spot.

And I hate it when villagers move in front of your house or right next to your garden or something.

Ikr. I've been watching videos with people who have literally just picked their house, to have someone move like right next to them..

Ikr. I've been watching videos with people who have literally just picked their house, to have someone move like right next to them..
How can you prevent this? o.o

You just have to get your house in a really tight spot, right? And/or put community projects around it? 'Cause don't villagers move over trees and stuff? xD

I really want my beach on the right side because if the beach is on the left the water seems to flow upwards and I would rather have it to flow downwards. I don't see why people don't want private beaches, I really want one because you can only get there by swimming and some people won't be able to get to it if they don't have a wetsuit.

How can you prevent this? o.o

You just have to get your house in a really tight spot, right? And/or put community projects around it? 'Cause don't villagers move over trees and stuff? xD

No idea, I doubt you can unfortunately.. I guess you have to ignore them and wait for them to move or something haha xD

I suppose it might end up being someone you like, which could be quite nice depending on the location they are.. So if they're behind your house, that would be annoying..

How does the game pick where the villagers move in? I assume it destroys the trees and flowers where they move into?

Back