How SEGA can start saving Sonic

Megamannt125

Bells
This is now a official thread about how Sonic can improove and the current Sonic.

Sonic The Hedgehog 4
Console: Wiiware, x-box arcade, and playstation network
Graphics: Classic 2D
Gameplay: Classic Sonic Gameplay
Playable Characters: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow
Main Enemy & Final Boss: Eggman (Like it should be)
Emeralds: Gotten through special stages, ability to turn into super sonic mid-stage with all like classic games.
Super Emeralds: Able to get after gotten all 7 normal emeralds, then can become Hyper.
Difficulty: Classic Difficult, good balance of hard and fun, a few puzzle elements and of course speed.
Music: Old Genesis-like Music
World Select: Ability to select stages after beating them so you can retry to get special stages.
Number of stages: Alot.
Gimmicks (Like sword, werehog, etc.): None, nadda, just pure Sonic the Hedgehog.
If SEGA wants to save their mascot from dying they should look into this.

Tom said:
Take off Shadow and it's all good.
But Shadow is a good character. (As a villian that is)
He's the Anti Sonic afterall, his story would consist of defeating humans and his final boss would be Sonic.
Not only that but he could have a special ability too, tails has his flying, knuckles has his climbing, breaking through walls, and gliding, and Shadow would have the ability to chaos blast the hell out of everything if he has a certain number of rings.

I like the reboot idea, it worked for Mega Man after all. I think the main thing thing that needs to change in the Sonic games is getting rid of having a big emphasis on the storylines.

Crashman said:
I like the reboot idea, it worked for Mega Man after all. I think the main thing thing that needs to change in the Sonic games is getting rid of having a big emphasis on the storylines.
I'm fine with storylines my only problem with new ones is:
Stupid Gimmicks
Useless New Characters
Less Replay Value (With the exception of Sonic Unleashed's daytime levels)
Tails and Knuckles are barely main characters anymore
Eggman is never the final boss anymore like he should be
And the lack of Metal Sonic and Hyper Sonic

Tom said:
Replace Shadow with Metal Sonic and yo good. And return to Sonic's stubbier self. :3

I miss the old sonic and that sonic and the black knight game looks like sega have turned the game into like fantasy and all children who play sonic wont be able to play it again, But i like the idea i wud email sega bout it

Megamannt125 said:
Tom said:
But Shadow is a good character. (As a villian that is)
He's the Anti Sonic afterall, his story would consist of defeating humans and his final boss would be Sonic.
Not only that but he could have a special ability too, tails has his flying, knuckles has his climbing, breaking through walls, and gliding, and Shadow would have the ability to chaos blast the hell out of everything if he has a certain number of rings.
As true as that might be, how often do we see the black and red blur take on the blue blur anymore?

This is a pretty good idea, but I think you should replace Shadow with a cool character that hasn't been seen in a while, like Chaos Zero.

Chaos Zero was epic in Sonic Adventure Battle 2 and Sonic DX. His story could be something along the lines of wanting to collect all the Chaos Emeralds so he can be the most powerful being of all.

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooo.
Oh right because Sonic with a sword and turning into a werewolf is sooo much better than him just being.... Sonic.
I enjoyed it. I HATE 2D Sonic games. If they want to make a Sonic game that everyone will like, then they should make Sonic Adventure 3.

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Oh right because Sonic with a sword and turning into a werewolf is sooo much better than him just being.... Sonic.
I enjoyed it. I HATE 2D Sonic games. If they want to make a Sonic game that everyone will like, then they should make Sonic Adventure 3.
Oh god, being a Sonic fanboy is pretty bad, but being a Sonic fanboy preferring 3D Sonic over 2D Sonic is even worse! :(
There are much better game series out there that you have yet to discover, man.

Kolvo said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Oh god, being a Sonic fanboy is pretty bad, but being a Sonic fanboy preferring 3D Sonic over 2D Sonic is even worse! :(
There are much better game series out there that you have yet to discover, man.
I've played them all, man.

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
i might not have been a big fan of 2D sonic but as long as no werehog or sword them i like the idea.

They should make another Knuckles vs. Sonic.

Back